Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

4-3 Starting Lineup

2 hours ago, mistertim said:

So it seems like people were both right AND wrong about Sweat.

He did "bulk up".

But only back to a little over his weight at the start of 2019. He apparently was at 250 by the end of the season and he's back up to 265 now. 

Montez Sweat Bulks Up Ahead Of Second Season

I didn't realize he lost so much weight during the season, holy moly. That guy has to figure out a way to keep his weight up.

Edited by Burgundy Yoda
  • Like 2

It can't be overstated how important and beneficial it is to our team leadership and culture to have TD on our team. We've had a leadership hole at the LB position since London Fletcher retired. You can see how it even helps John Allen to have an older head like him, to thread the needle in practice between practicing both hard and smart. Then, the way he dealt with Haskins was perfect. He was confident about what he saw, but he told him, check the tape and come back to him.

Edited by Fresh8686
  • Like 6

Watch some tape on KPL, the guys is a legitimate nfl starter. I had no idea who he was when we picked him up, saw he came from the bears, so I dialed up my bears fan buddy. He raved about him and cursed his bears for not bringing him back, especially at that price. We have a player in this guy.

• Like 2
On 8/20/2020 at 10:23 PM, Burgundy Yoda said:

I didn't realize he lost so much weight during the season, holy moly. That guy has to figure out a way to keep his weight up.

Par for the course for Rookies. I’d say most of them struggle with this problem to some degree. It’s not even just a “big guy” problem. I saw an article that Hollywood Brown for BAL fell down to 157 at the end of the season. His combine weight was around 170.

Source: https://www.nfl.com/news/ravens-marquise-brown-enters-second-season-23-pounds-heavier

It all comes with learning how to properly take care of your body. Getting in a locker room filled with people to guide you helps, but until you have been through it, its hard to know exactly what you need to do.

Long story short, Bro-tein shakes. Zombie also knows of another pink and squishy high nutrient supplement if anyone is interested.

• Like 1
On 8/20/2020 at 10:23 PM, Burgundy Yoda said:

Converting fat into muscle.  A professional season likely burns all your body fat compared to a college one.  Thats why most players have their biggest transition from year 1 to year 2.  Dietitions, professional strength and conditioning, and 100% of your efforts now being a job without those pesky classes getting in the way.  You dont really burn muscle so i imagine the dropoff is far less.

• Like 2
On 8/24/2020 at 2:50 AM, Malapropismic Depository said:

KPL is so well-rounded. He does it all.

Defends well against the run, against the pass, can rush the passer, and a great open-field tackler.

Interesting. I like what I've seen of him so far too. His actual on-field play vs the run looks better than his relatively poor PFF run defense grade (61.9) but he did have an elite coverage grade at 91.0, and you could definitely see it there in his ability to stick with TEs and receivers out of the backfield and in his open field tackling. Interestingly, even though he didn't have much production as a pass rusher, he had an excellent pass rushing grade of 86.1. Sounds like a good guy to use as a SAM though I might be more tempted to have him as a WILL due to his abilities in coverage...but if he's that good as a pass rusher having him as a SAM at the LOS on passing downs in a Under type of front could make him a good dual threat guy.

• Like 2
13 hours ago, GothSkinsFan said:

That's not actually true, particularly if you are in a catabolic state too often and don't get enough carbs for fuel.

Chances are, as my post stated, his strength and conditioning coaches, as well as dietitions, will likely have proper balance to maintain muscle across a whole season.  That would explain the stark contrast of weight loss across a players first NFL season.  The amount of fat loss in season 1 will greatly outweigh the amount of muscle weight lost in the following years.

Edited by OVCChairman
1 hour ago, OVCChairman said:

Chances are, as my post stated, his strength and conditioning coaches, as well as dietitions, will likely have proper balance to maintain muscle across a whole season.  That would explain the stark contrast of weight loss across a players first NFL season.  The amount of fat lossed in season 1 will greatly outweigh the amount of muscle weight lossed in the following years.

Maybe he watched game changers.  :D 😬

On 8/28/2020 at 3:59 PM, OVCChairman said:

Chances are, as my post stated, his strength and conditioning coaches, as well as dietitions, will likely have proper balance to maintain muscle across a whole season.  That would explain the stark contrast of weight loss across a players first NFL season.  The amount of fat lossed in season 1 will greatly outweigh the amount of muscle weight lossed in the following years.

In general, you are correct, no question.  Generally, you are supposed to drink a lot of water if you are overheating.  GENERALLY.  Have you ever had hyponatremia?  It is the most painful condition I have ever had, and that includes a pinched nerve in my back that prevented me from standing and getting hit in the nuts by an iceball.  Too little sodium.  Waves and waves of nausea.  You get it from an overhydrating feedback loop.  (You overhydrate, start to feel ugh, so overhydrate some more.)  It's rare; most people underhydrate.  My point being that it is something you have to account for once in awhile.  Humans are complex pet parents.

Edited by GothSkinsFan
Typo on human
  • Like 1
7 hours ago, GothSkinsFan said:

In general, you are correct, no question.  Generally, you are supposed to drink a lot of water if you are overheating.  GENERALLY.  Have you ever had hyponatremia?  It is the most painful condition I have ever had, and that includes a pinched nerve in my back that prevented me from standing and getting hit in the nuts by an iceball.  Too little sodium.  Waves and waves of nausea.  You get it from an overhydrating feedback loop.  (You overhydrate, start to feel ugh, so overhydrate some more.)  It's rare; most people underhydrate.  My point being that it is something you have to account for once in awhile.  Human are complex pet parents.

I got sun stroke in boot camp and now I always have to pay attention. I'll stroke out pretty easily here on a hot day working in the sun. I'm generally hydrated fine and drink too much water.

I love pedialyte too. Like a low cal, low sugar gatoraid that's salty, not sweet.

9 hours ago, GothSkinsFan said:

In general, you are correct, no question.  Generally, you are supposed to drink a lot of water if you are overheating.  GENERALLY.  Have you ever had hyponatremia?  It is the most painful condition I have ever had, and that includes a pinched nerve in my back that prevented me from standing and getting hit in the nuts by an iceball.  Too little sodium.  Waves and waves of nausea.  You get it from an overhydrating feedback loop.  (You overhydrate, start to feel ugh, so overhydrate some more.)  It's rare; most people underhydrate.  My point being that it is something you have to account for once in awhile.  Human are complex pet parents.

You're not Montez Sweat.  You dont play for a professional football team.  I am pretty confident that him and the team will account for it on a semi regular basis.... at least frequently enough to prevent him from burning large amounts muscle... which was my original point.  Just a hunch.

Edited by OVCChairman
  • Like 1
49 minutes ago, ultravin said:

any updates on the actual depth chart, after the 53 man roster was set?

I was wondering that too.  I mean really we only know 3 of the front 4, let alone front 7 cause I can see Kerrigan remaining starter over Sweat for the time being

Edited by carex
1 hour ago, ultravin said:

any updates on the actual depth chart, after the 53 man roster was set?

based on historical/actual production ... Ioannidis should be named starter.

Edited by 09
  • Like 1