Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Press Release: STATEMENT BY WASHINGTON #REDSKINS OWNER DAN SNYDER-BRUCE ALLEN FIRED


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, SkinFanInMinn said:

Ok, reread that part.  Guess I was unaware of the stipulation about calling them "stupid when done in appropriate and jutifiable context".  I guess I just run with the "if you're usure, being civil is the safest course" part.  :)

 

 

Right.   So now you grasp why believing Snyder should never be involved unless you like him being involved makes the holder of such a contextual belief reasonably identifiable as dim and hypocritical and LIKELY doesn't really believe that once faced with what they are actually saying :).

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Art said:

 

Right.   So now you grasp why believing Snyder should never be involved unless you like him being involved makes the holder of such a contextual belief reasonably identifiable as dim and hypocritical and LIKELY doesn't really believe that once faced with what they are actually saying :).

No, now I understand how  you can all him hypocritical and dim and get away with it.  🤣

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SkinFanInMinn said:

No, now I understand how  you can all him hypocritical and dim and get away with it.  🤣

 

And in so doing, join him in ignorant bliss in the belief Snyder should not be involved, unless his involvement is what you want, right?   No.   I know you don't think that.   But, as many before you, and many yet to come, once tweaked, vacating clean is hard.   So, no worries.   Enjoy the huddle of people who like thinking dumb thoughts :).

Link to post
Share on other sites

Although I never want to see anyone get fired, I honestly don't believe that Bruce Allen is going to be standing in a soup line anytime soon,  

Can't wait until the schedule comes out now, because going to a game now is no longer supporting the problem ,along with buying merchandise 

Edited by c slag
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, cakmoney61 said:

Art, your explanation of the rule was both informative and entertaining.

 

I like to think pretty much everything about me is both informative and entertaining.   Well, except that one video....but, let's not talk about that for now.   

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, c slag said:

Although I never want to see anyone get fired, I honestly don't believe that Bruce Allen is going to be standing in a soup line anytime soon,  

Can't wait until the schedule comes out now, because going to a game now is no longer supporting the problem ,along with buying merchandise 

 

Not trying to pick on you, but I've seen and heard this sentiment far too much today.  Paulsen made a big show of taking some moral high ground in not celebrating his firing.  Didn't they just do an entirely sarcastic 4 hour show dedicated to his 10 years of incompetence? 

 

If I saw Bruce out in public today, perhaps looking a little down in the dumps while sipping his 6th Coors Light, I'd start airing the greivances at the top of my lungs like Festivus came a second time.

 

**** him, I'm glad he's fired and having a ****ty day.  He deserves worse.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

**** him, I'm glad he's fired and having a ****ty day.  He deserves worse.

If Karma is a real thing and there are let's say 3,000,000 Redskins fans worldwide (which is combined social media following on Twitter and Facebook- some will be duplicates but plenty of fans don't have social media so it evens out)... and there were 83 losses, Bruce has about 248,999,999 more ****ty days coming his way.

Edited by UKskins
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Everyone is saying he should get a GM and then let the GM pick a coach. I agree, but I'm going to give Dan some slack on this. He may not decide on a GM until after the draft. The reason is the new GM might pull a Gettlemen on us. I believe as long as the Giants don't trade up, we're getting Young and he doesn't want anything in the way of it. Schaffer and Smith have done a good job lately the past couple of years, so I'm sure they will again in 2020. He could promote either one as GM after the draft, or someone new. Selecting a HC seems a little more urgent for right now. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 86 Snyder said:

 

Not trying to pick on you, but I've seen and heard this sentiment far too much today.  Paulsen made a big show of taking some moral high ground in not celebrating his firing.  Didn't they just do an entirely sarcastic 4 hour show dedicated to his 10 years of incompetence? 

 

If I saw Bruce out in public today, perhaps looking a little down in the dumps while sipping his 6th Coors Light, I'd start airing the greivances at the top of my lungs like Festivus came a second time.

 

**** him, I'm glad he's fired and having a ****ty day.  He deserves worse.

I'll tell him he's "close" ... to having to call an uber home because he's too drunk to drive.

8 minutes ago, BleedBNG said:

Everyone is saying he should get a GM and then let the GM pick a coach. I agree, but I'm going to give Dan some slack on this. He may not decide on a GM until after the draft. The reason is the new GM might pull a Gettlemen on us. I believe as long as the Giants don't trade up, we're getting Young and he doesn't want anything in the way of it. Schaffer and Smith have done a good job lately the past couple of years, so I'm sure they will again in 2020. He could promote either one as GM after the draft, or someone new. Selecting a HC seems a little more urgent for right now. 

I like and respect Ron enough to prefer he be a part of the GM process as opposed to Dan just going it at alone. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, BleedBNG said:

Everyone is saying he should get a GM and then let the GM pick a coach. I agree, but I'm going to give Dan some slack on this. He may not decide on a GM until after the draft. The reason is the new GM might pull a Gettlemen on us. I believe as long as the Giants don't trade up, we're getting Young and he doesn't want anything in the way of it. Schaffer and Smith have done a good job lately the past couple of years, so I'm sure they will again in 2020. He could promote either one as GM after the draft, or someone new. Selecting a HC seems a little more urgent for right now. 

 

I've heard both sides of this argument today and yesterday and I think it sort of depends on the situation. If you're getting a very experienced HC (like Rivera) it isn't really a big deal if you don't have a GM yet as you know the coach is competent and has a firm plan and you want to find the right GM to work with him to implement it you can do so afterwards. However, if you're looking to go the route of a young up and comer who's never been a HC before then I'd probably prefer to have an experienced GM do the research and interviews and make the decision for which coach is the best fit for the team and for what they want to do. 

 

But that's just my personal take on it. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, mistertim said:

 

I've heard both sides of this argument today and yesterday and I think it sort of depends on the situation. If you're getting a very experienced HC (like Rivera) it isn't really a big deal if you don't have a GM yet as you know the coach is competent and has a firm plan and you want to find the right GM to work with him to implement it you can do so afterwards. However, if you're looking to go the route of a young up and comer who's never been a HC before then I'd probably prefer to have an experienced GM do the research and interviews and make the decision for which coach is the best fit for the team and for what they want to do. 

 

But that's just my personal take on it. 

That sounds way too balanced and reasonable. You are banned until you learn to argue divisively. 

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Fred Jones said:

Great, but Dan still owns the team.  He is still the common denominator.

 

At this point, not sure if I want to give Dan the benefit of the doubt regarding the next GM or if no GM, person in charge of all football operations.

I give DS no benefit of the doubt what so ever. If he picks a winning combination he’ll have stumbled into it like a drunk yard cat, but I do on occasion enjoy buying a lotto ticket so I’ll enjoy this for at least as long as it takes to scratch one.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Fred Jones said:

Great, but Dan still owns the team.  He is still the common denominator.

 

At this point, not sure if I want to give Dan the benefit of the doubt regarding the next GM or if no GM, person in charge of all football operations.

True. While this is a start, ultimately it all starts from the top.  I'd love for him to take some John Maxwell courses on leadership and creating a winning team and culture. Would do him some good, personally and professionally

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Jumbo unpinned this topic
  • Jumbo locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...