Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Chase Young DE Ohio State

Sacks 'n' Stuff

2 hours ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

First, clearly the best outcome would be Chase Young returning to the disruptive big play player he flashed his rookie year. You pay that guy whatever it takes with a smile.

But sometimes reality is a cruel mistress.

SIP: "That video that IMO speaks volumes.   It speaks much more than anything he can say.  To showcase that type of agility and speed indicates to me he's well on the right track."

As another poster already said that video was made in 2020 and was before the injury.

Didn't realize that.  Will see as fo his comeback, what works in his favor IMO he's very young and he always struck me as a dude who wants to be great.  I'd still put my money on him.  

Somethings up with Chase that is keeping him from being "that guy".  

There was a discussion about it this morning on The Junkies.  They eluded to hearing things without saying exactly what but sounded a bit like besides his immaturity, there are problems with him working within a structure like team workouts, game plans, etc.  FWIW - They had a caller who has buddies who hang with him and said he wouldn't exercise his 5th year.

I suppose if they don't exercise it we'll see if he pouts or it actually lights a fire under him.  It's a tough situation to be in.

14 hours ago, HigSkin said:

Career altering injuries will do that

There was a discussion about it this morning on The Junkies.  They eluded to hearing things without saying exactly what but sounded a bit like besides his immaturity, there are problems with him working within a structure like team workouts, game plans, etc. 

Not new news. This has been talked about openly by coaches and teammates for over a year. Sweat and Young freelanced in 2021. They bought in and were more disciplined in 2022.

I suppose if they don't exercise it we'll see if he pouts or it actually lights a fire under him.  It's a tough situation to be in.

Seems like the most likely route for the team is have this be a contract year for both Sweat and Young. Franchise and then pay the best one of the two. Let the lesser of the two walk.

• Thumb up 1

On 4/3/2023 at 8:20 AM, HigSkin said:

There was a discussion about it this morning on The Junkies.  They eluded to hearing things without saying exactly what but sounded a bit like besides his immaturity, there are problems with him working within a structure like team workouts, game plans, etc.  FWIW - They had a caller who has buddies who hang with him and said he wouldn't exercise his 5th year.

I don't know the schemes but it was pretty apparent that most of his plays on passing plays the scheme was "get to the QB" and he just can't do that at this level.  It certainly appears as if he's trying but he just can't get the edge and gets run off behind the QB most every time.  I don't see that changing.  

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

14 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

There is no way he isn't gonna be absolutely 100% healthy by the time the first mini camps start. Ron just likes to spew words sometimes.

I don't think he will ever be pre injury 100%. This seems to be the point of Ron's comment. They want to see what he can post injury at the new 100%, if that makes sense. 

5 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I don't know the schemes but it was pretty apparent that most of his plays on passing plays the scheme was "get to the QB" and he just can't do that at this level.  It certainly appears as if he's trying but he just can't get the edge and gets run off behind the QB most every time.  I don't see that changing.  

I saw a couple of things that stood out to me when I watched him play. One was that he was pretty consistently getting too high too fast out of his stance, which allowed Tackles to get into his pads much easier than they should.

The second was that he seemed to do the same one or two moves and pretty much never had counter moves when those didn't work. Almost every time he would explode straight up out of his stance, do a stutter step, and then try a hand swipe. But by his second season it was obvious that Tackles were ready and didn't fall for it. And when they didn't fall for it, CY didn't have any counters.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

There wasn't one person who advocated taking Herbert in 2020 at the time. Not one. And if you said you were, I want to see proof.

Some people argued Tua and I can at least respect that.

That’s not relevant at all.

• Thumb down 1

24 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

There wasn't one person who advocated taking Herbert in 2020 at the time. Not one. And if you said you were, I want to see proof.

Stop interrupting my wistful moments of deep regret by spewing forth actual facts.  Don't you have any feelings?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

Some people argued Tua and I can at least respect that.

This is the position I've always maintained.  Herbert wasn't anywhere near anyone's Top 5, let alone being considered a 2nd pick.

46 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

That’s not relevant at all.

Respectfully, it is.  He wasn't on our radar (and he wasn't on the radar for a lot of teams picking high).  It's not like we were choosing between the two and picked wrong.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Respectfully, it is.  He wasn't on our radar (and he wasn't on the radar for a lot of teams picking high).  It's not like we were choosing between the two and picked wrong.

My point was, nobody on here was in on Herbert. Fair enough. Doesn’t mean the FO at the time shouldn’t have been. But when your still scratching your arse for a QB, well maybe having the #2 pick back then was the opening. But, I know, other factors at the time. No need to lift the lid on that again etc. 

• Like 1