Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Chase Young DE Ohio State


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

We're the number one passing defense. You people are on crazy pills!

 

We're full of holes, still giving up the big plays too often, don't have a starting safety or LB on the team and we're a very good defense. 

 

This is not the thread to **** and moan about the team. It's like going to a TMac thread to wine about the offense production. 

 

Un ****ing real.

TERRY is a giant bust and the fact he doesn’t lead the league in touchdown receptions by 15 is proof of that. There are no other ways you can prove otherwise. It’s all in that stat. He’s only got, what, 3 touchdowns? Dude should be cut immediately. 

  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Great. Now Chase is tweeting and advertising DURING the week.

 

He's clearly not interested in getting better or learning and that makes sense why he's been so god awful all year.

 

THROW HIM IN JAIL FOR ROBBING DAN SNYDER. 

Edited by PartyPosse
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PartyPosse said:

Great. Now Chase is tweeting and advertising DURING the week.

 

He's clearly not interested in getting better or learning and that makes sense why he's been so god awful all year.

 

THROW HIM IN JAIL FOR ROBBING DAN SNYDER. 

Talking to his family when he has a game tomorrow? Why does he hate football so much? This FO I tells ya. Same as it ever was.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Nick Bosa at this time last year had about 50 and ended the season with 80. Is it really that unreasonable to want that kind of season out of our #2 pick? One where he's not 2nd to other rookies but up there with the rest of the league because he's so good. I don't know, seems reasonable to me.

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, GOATFrerotte said:

Nick Bosa at this time last year had about 50 and ended the season with 80. Is it really that unreasonable to want that kind of season out of our #2 pick? One where he's not 2nd to other rookies but up there with the rest of the league because he's so good. I don't know, seems reasonable to me.

 

 

 

 


Yes. It’s very unreasonable.

 

Do you know what Bosa had last year? 
 

A defensive line who was not full of gap pluggers but cold blooded pass rushing maniacs.

 

You know what else he had?

 

Linebackers. Good ones.

 

Dre Greenlaw was drafted at the same time, gets no fanfare or hype, but in that playoff game he literally shadowed Dalvin Cook at times and they shut that man completely down. 
 

Good corners and good safety group, too. 
 

Teams struggled throwing quick against SF because their secondary was aggressive and ball hawks. They struggled throwing deep because the defensive line was full of monsters. They struggled running because the DL was good against the run but primarily because their backers played down hill and shed blocks very well. 
 

What happens when your defense can do that stuff? Pressure. Sacks. Hits. 
 

Let’s see what we have:

 

Gap plugging DL that’s missing it’s most aggressive player (Ioan). 
 

A poor LB group. 
 

 Rookie SS and Apke at FS for most of the season. 
 

A defensive scheme that has the corners playing off coverage despite quick passes. 
 

So I’d say that yes, it’s unreasonable to think that Young has been a disappointment.

 

And do you know what I haven’t mentioned up until now in this particular post?

 

He has a groin injury.

Edited by KDawg
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing a couple of linebackers and safety’s would cure. I will give Curl a pass grade though, I like him. Thinks he’s balling very well in context to some others.


Defense
DE 99 C.Young
DT 94 D.Payne

DT 93 J.Allen

DE 90 M.Sweat
OLB 55 C.Holcomb

CB 20 J.Moreland
OLB 54 K.Pierre-Louis

CB 29 K.Fuller
CB 23 R.Darby
SS 31 K.Curl
FS 30 T.Apke

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Thank you! @Darrell Green Fan   I guess you can stop feeling like you are the only one who watches the games or Chase Young, right? 

Thanks to @OVCChairman for supplying the screen captures. I really can't explain this, OK I was stoned but I'm pretty sure that even stoned I can count.  All I can say is many of the double teams I saw, as I described, were a guard or back sliding over late. But that does not explain the difference between my count of 4 and the count of 16.

 

This would make me the first person in the history of this site to admit that he was wrong. :)  Well about the double teams anyway.  I still don't see how wrong it was to have expected more impact plays from such an impactful player. Again every great player gets double teamed. 

 

But I've been out of gas on this for a while now. I still love Chase and have no doubts he will be great.  

 

53 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Nothing a couple of linebackers and safety’s would cure. I will give Curl a pass grade though, I like him. Thinks he’s balling very well in context to some others.


Defense
DE 99 C.Young
DT 94 D.Payne

DT 93 J.Allen

DE 90 M.Sweat
OLB 55 C.Holcomb

CB 20 J.Moreland
OLB 54 K.Pierre-Louis

CB 29 K.Fuller
CB 23 R.Darby
SS 31 K.Curl
FS 30 T.Apke

 

 

A good MLB and a good FS (I'm having my doubts this team will ever find a good FS) will change this defense completely.  

 

 

Edited by Darrell Green Fan
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Building on what KDawg said above, the 49ers were a team that was playing with a lead for most of the 2019 season.  Therefore pass rush pressure rate would be more frequent simply due to game script. It's really hard to judge 1 player in a vacuum without considering all of the contributing factors.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, KDawg said:


Yes. It’s very unreasonable.

 

Do you know what Bosa had last year? 
 

A defensive line who was not full of gap pluggers but cold blooded pass rushing maniacs.

 

You know what else he had?

 

Linebackers. Good ones.

 

Dre Greenlaw was drafted at the same time, gets no fanfare or hype, but in that playoff game he literally shadowed Dalvin Cook at times and they shut that man completely down. 
 

Good corners and good safety group, too. 
 

Teams struggled throwing quick against SF because their secondary was aggressive and ball hawks. They struggled throwing deep because the defensive line was full of monsters. They struggled running because the DL was good against the run but primarily because their backers played down hill and shed blocks very well. 
 

What happens when your defense can do that stuff? Pressure. Sacks. Hits. 
 

Let’s see what we have:

 

Gap plugging DL that’s missing it’s most aggressive player (Ioan). 
 

A poor LB group. 
 

 Rookie SS and Apke at FS for most of the season. 
 

A defensive scheme that has the corners playing off coverage despite quick passes. 
 

So I’d say that yes, it’s unreasonable to think that Young has been a disappointment.

 

And do you know what I haven’t mentioned up until now in this particular post?

 

He has a groin injury.

 

Seems like a ton of excuses for me. The numbers aren't even close. 50 to 18. Seems reasonable to want more production out of a #2 pick and a pick where you don't have to list off 50 excuses for him not producing. I mean, to me, that's a reasonable expectation.

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, PartyPosse said:

 Nothing you’re saying seems reasonable to me.

 

”WHY ISN'T HE THE BEST DEFENSIVE END IN FOOTBALL YET?!?!”

 

You're being incredibly childish with your posts. No one is saying he has to be the best in the league. Is it not reasonable to expect him to be one of the better rookie D ends of all time like the #2 pick from last year?

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, GOATFrerotte said:

 

Seems like a ton of excuses for me. The numbers aren't even close. 50 to 18. Seems reasonable to want more production out of a #2 pick and a pick where you don't have to list off 50 excuses for him not producing. I mean, to me, that's a reasonable expectation.

 

Then why ask us if it's reasonable if your mind is made up?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

 

Then why ask us if it's reasonable if your mind is made up?

 

It's a rhetorical question. It's obvious that it's reasonable to expect a #2 pick to produce like or better than previous edge rushers their rookie season. The fact you tried to say it isn't reasonable is what's interesting. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, GOATFrerotte said:

 

It's a rhetorical question. It's obvious that it's reasonable to expect a #2 pick to produce like or better than previous edge rushers their rookie season. The fact you tried to say it isn't reasonable is what's interesting. 

 

I find your whole gimmick to be interesting, to be honest.

 

But here we are :ols:

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

 

I find your whole gimmick to be interesting, to be honest.

 

But here we are :ols:

 

It's really not that deep to have a gimmick. I was just hoping for more production out of our #2 draft pick and disappointed that he's not even close to playing like the #2 pick did last year.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to agree with @GOATFrerotte a bit in that statistically, Chase has not lived up to the expectations that were unanimously praised upon him. 
 

That doesn’t mean he is not having an impact on the game, or that he is playing terribly. But one can say he is playing well while still expecting more from him.

 

Him being a rookie is why this isn’t alarming to me, but I don’t buy the “teams are game-planning against him” idea simply because teams game-plan against Darnold, Watt,, Mack, Miller etc and those guy still manage. That is what we want out of Chase.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, dyst said:

I have to agree with @GOATFrerotte a bit in that statistically, Chase has not lived up to the expectations that were unanimously praised upon him. 
 

That doesn’t mean he is not having an impact on the game, or that he is playing terribly. But one can say he is playing well while still expecting more from him.

 

Him being a rookie is why this isn’t alarming to me, but I don’t buy the “teams are game-planning against him” idea simply because teams game-plan against Darnold, Watt,, Mack, Miller etc and those guy still manage. That is what we want out of Chase.

When teams are throwing the ball quickly all game on three step drops because our coverage isn’t great, no one is going to have time to get there. Fast throws most of the game is designed to beat our DL, and until the coverage can stop that we will keep seeing it.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, MisterPinstripe said:

When teams are throwing the ball quickly all game on three step drops because our coverage isn’t great, no one is going to have time to get there. Fast throws most of the game is designed to beat our DL, and until the coverage can stop that we will keep seeing it.

It’s not like every throw is a quick release. I actually like the pick and the player but I’d be lying if I didn’t expect more of him. He has to find a way to overcome all these obstacles if what you say is true.

 

It’s like people blaming the line when our RBs couldn’t get yards but AP comes in there behind the same line and all of a sudden the running game improves.

 


 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...