Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Chase Young DE Ohio State

18 hours ago, goskins10 said:

This is a pretty good video. It's every play from Chase Young. It's long - about an hour. But really shows his talent.  It also showed some other guys doing well - Tim Settle in particular. I swear that guy starts on any other team. 

He highlighted the play I liked most - when he saw a swing pass pass developing and got off Peters and chased the play down from behind. Crazy awareness. As Rico calls it - it's a very high IQ play. 

That was fun, thank you.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Mark Bullock said CY had a bad game against Philly...Ok, not really bad, but not great for his standards.

Meant it in a complimentary way, though.

As he can't wait until CY really shows his full potential.

Having room for improvement as a rookie pass rusher after his first NFL game without any real preseason while going against one of the best LTs in the past decade plus = expected

Having room for improvement as a rookie pass rusher after his first NFL game without any real preseason while going against one of the best LTs in the past decade plus while still getting 1.5 sacks, 4 pressures, a forced fumble, and being the 5th highest graded edge defender of the week = holy ****

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

If Brucifer wasn't such an insufferably arrogant prick, we could have had Jedrick with the #1 pick that Trent would have fetched... right now would you rather have Jedrick Wills playing LT or the Niners' upcoming third round pick in next years draft.... smmfh

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 3
6 hours ago, ColonialWBSkinsFan said:

If Brucifer wasn't such an insufferably arrogant prick, we could have had Jedrick with the #1 pick that Trent would have fetched... right now would you rather have Jedrick Wills playing LT or the Niners' upcoming third round pick in next years draft.... smmfh

Hey at least we got Kendall fuller back.  I can't handle being upset anymore, I'm just happy Young is "as advertised" 

Edited by XxSpearheadxX
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
16 hours ago, ColonialWBSkinsFan said:

didn't it come out that no one had actually offered us a first?

• Like 1

I thought that Chase probably had a below par pass rushing game, for Chase Young. We haven't seen Penn State Chase Young yet. However, he looked better than anything else we've had in forever, and like a pro bowl player. 

What I was surprisingly impressed with was his run defense. Anchoring against and splitting doubles and running down RB's down the field. I thought he looked like an All Pro in that regard. Khalil Mack like. Much better than I expected. I think getting him on a team with Jonathan Allen and a talented DL, JDR and a solid defensive culture, is the best thing that could have happened to Chase Young. It's like the opposite of the Haskins situation. 

• Like 4
10 minutes ago, Rex Tomb said:

It will be fascinating to see how they use CY and MS against Kyler Murray.  He's a slippery one.

We've got the perfect situation to deal with this however, other than not having an ideal LB spy. Pressure up the middle and length and speed at the edges. Wentz has always killed us with his mobility. Not this year. 

4 hours ago, XxSpearheadxX said:

@Skinsinparadise

I've never heard cooley be so impressed with a player during film review ever. 

Is there a link?

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

Is there a link?

https://podcasts.google.com/?feed=aHR0cHM6Ly9mZWVkcy5zaW1wbGVjYXN0LmNvbS9Ca1p6NDVfRg&ep=14&episode=YWM5ZTM5ZmEtNzE5Mi00M2ExLTllODctYTZhODE4ZDBkNTA0

Its a good one, I guess some people don't dig chris cooley but I like him and his film reviews a lot. 

Edited by XxSpearheadxX
  • Thanks 1
On 9/19/2020 at 8:28 AM, carex said:

didn't it come out that no one had actually offered us a first?

Nothing official that said it was a first, but I have to believe that before last season started, Cleveland would have ponied up a #1.   Maybe Houston too, based on what they ended up giving for Tunsil.

Either way, the stubborness and arrogance of "he whose name will never be mentioned by me again" was staggering and definitely left the team with MUCH less compensation than a player of TW's caliber should have fetched.   🤬🤬

What impresses me more than anything is his ability to read the play. He doesn't overrun screens like Kerrigan and Sweat always seem to do and he's fantastic against the run.

He's the most talented player we've had since 2012 RG3 and its not even close.

• Like 3

The sooner he gains the cache and becomes the leader of the defense the better. He’s wired differently, in a good way. The standard on that side of the ball should be high for years to come. 

• Like 1