Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Chase Young DE Ohio State

Sacks 'n' Stuff

Smart to play the Redskins fan card by Chase and his agent... Snyder will love this. But in all seriousness, You can't go wrong with Chase. 

If you take Tua you can trade Haskins, but no team would give you a first-round pick. You have 0 leverage. Look at the Rosen situation last year

Edited by PI87

Just now, PI87 said:

Smart to play the Redskins fan card bu Chase and his agent... Snyder will love this. But in all seriousness, You can't go wrong with Chase. 

If you take Tua you can trade Haskins, but no team would give you a first-round pick. You have 0 leverage. Look at the Rosen situation last year

Exactly.

1 minute ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

I think a lot of people would draft Tua if they knew we could get a second rounder for Haskins (like the Rosen situation).

Here's the thing.  I would be stunned if the Skins don't draft Young.  I think he's there guy.  IF Young wasn't in the draft, then yes it would be a different story.  Young is a special player and RR is a defensive minded HC and JDR had Peppers in Carolina and he was drafted #2 overall.  Food for thought, 74.  :) 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Here's the thing.  I would be stunned if the Skins don't draft Young.  I think he's there guy.  IF Young wasn't in the draft, then yes it would be a different story.  Young is a special player and RR is a defensive minded HC and JDR had Peppers in Carolina and he was drafted #2 overall.  Food for thought, 74.  :) 

Yeah I’m good if we pick Young. I’d be the same if we took Tua. I’d even be good if we traded back on the premise we screwed Miami over. Lots of options.

2 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Yeah I’m good if we pick Young. I’d be the same if we took Tua. I’d even be good if we traded back on the premise we screwed Miami over. Lots of options.

I'm in this camp plus good if we get multiple picks for Trent as long as we resign Scherff (will injury clause) and Flowers.  As someone stated if we get Tua we have to replace Moses...perhaps Scherff can move over and Wes Martin fills in at G.  Sorry for the OL talk but if Trent is gone we have to replace but rather not use our 1st rounder whatever it is.

This is the first time I've watched him doing a presser and as others have said, what a likable young man.  He exudes confidence but not in an arrogant way.

I'm still open to listening to a trade if we're offered a really massive haul, but I hope that it doesn't happen and we take Young at two.

13 hours ago, RabidFan said:

I'm in this camp plus good if we get multiple picks for Trent as long as we resign Scherff (will injury clause) and Flowers.  As someone stated if we get Tua we have to replace Moses...perhaps Scherff can move over and Wes Martin fills in at G.  Sorry for the OL talk but if Trent is gone we have to replace but rather not use our 1st rounder whatever it is.

Honestly if we lose Trent that’s the only scenario I think I’d be open for a trade down. Get His replacement at 5 and build around Haskins/OT/McLauren

still hard to pass on Chase

59 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Honestly if we lose Trent that’s the only scenario I think I’d be open for a trade down. Get His replacement at 5 and build around Haskins/OT/McLauren

still hard to pass on Chase

This is my worst case scenario. We part ways with Trent, panic (again) at having a big hole, and then reach for need, while passing on elite talent.

This is a pretty deep draft at Tackle but IMO there isn't that true blue clear cut #1 elite prospect like you'd have in some other drafts. The mocks and draft analyses have been all over the place with the first Tackle taken, and it seems more or less random. It's been Thomas, then Wirfs, then Wills, sometimes Becton. I think they're all very good prospects but they all have holes in their game and none of them are worth a top 5 pick and are definitely lesser prospects than Young, Simmons, or Okudah. 

• Like 2