Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Chase Young DE Ohio State

Sacks 'n' Stuff

32 minutes ago, KDawg said:

@Skinsinparadise I think we have a good old fashioned disconnect. I never said I wouldn’t take Young over Simmons. The question that was posed that you quoted my answer to was a CB vs. James.

Thanks but no disconnect.  I understood where you were at.  I flat out repeated your position about doing it in a trade down.   I am cool with that.  I know you like Young better.  I just used your post that mentioned James to launch my infatuation with Young -- I did an apples to apples because years back it would be tough to find someone here more infatuated with James than me. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, mudpig said:

LOL at the thread.  That's awesome!  99% sure he is the guy, and I am cool with that.  

I'm still going to be super nervous about it up until it actually happens. Not AS nervous as if Bruce was still here but it's still the Redskins so there's still a chance they'll figure out a way to **** up one of the single most no-brainer decisions in franchise history. Rivera being a defensive guy makes me a bit less nervous because he'll know how much an elite edge rusher helps your whole defense. 

But still. Please guys, don't mess this up. If we screw it up:

giphy.gif

Edited by mistertim

5 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I'm still going to be super nervous about it up until it actually happens. Not AS nervous as if Bruce was still here but it's still the Redskins so there's still a chance they'll figure out a way to **** up one of the single most no-brainer decisions in franchise history. Rivera being a defensive guy makes me a bit less nervous because he'll know how much an elite edge rusher helps your whole defense. 

But still. Please guys, don't mess this up. 

I understand that.  Drafts are weird at times and teams over think.  I do assume Rivera is excited knowing Young will be his guy.  I'll worry 50 percent and feel confident 50 % till April.  If Williams commits to come back then there will be no odd Andrew Thomas picks.  It looks locked as locked can be though overall. A 15-20 sacks per year dude is coming.  (I'm 99% sure)  lol

1 minute ago, mudpig said:

I understand that.  Drafts are weird at times and teams over think.  I do assume Rivera is excited knowing Young will be his guy.  I'll worry 50 percent and feel confident 50 % till April.  If Williams commits to come back then there will be no odd Andrew Thomas picks.  It looks locked as locked can be though overall. A 15-20 sacks per year dude is coming.  (I'm 99% sure)  lol

Yeah that's actually one of the reasons I'm really hoping that with all that's going on they can convince Trent to come back. Then we won't have to worry about any boneheaded panic moves to take Thomas at #2 which would be a death star size reach. "That's no moon...it's a draft reach"

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Yeah that's actually one of the reasons I'm really hoping that with all that's going on they can convince Trent to come back. Then we won't have to worry about any boneheaded panic moves to take Thomas at #2 which would be a death star size reach. "That's no moon...it's a draft reach"

Dan canned the trainer as well so I assume that should appease Trent.  Hope he signs an extension since he will be good another 3 years.  Haskins played well so no Tua reach either.  *shudder*  All signs point to Young.  WHole defense will improve.  Allen's sacks will go up as will Ioannidis.  (had to look up the spelling)  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I think I prefer the opinion of certain ES’ers who think Chase Young is a lazy bum, but I’ll post this anyway...

Shut the hell up Watt. The hell do you know about pass rushing? You had ZERO SACKS IN YOUR BOWL GAME, you bust. Leave this to the ES experts you loser. 

Edited by mistertim
  • Haha 13

6 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

This whole thread is tempting fate. 

Don’t tempt fate. 

It will kick you in the nuts.  

I'm kinda torn. On one hand I sorta agree about tempting fate but on the other it's a fun thread. Maybe it should just be renamed "The Chase Young Hope Thread" or something. 

Another mock I like 😀

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2868979-2020-nfl-mock-draft-matt-millers-post-regular-season-predictions?share=twitter#slide2

2. Washington Redskins

2 OF 34

469f01cb8deed0594ccb9c30834817e2_crop_ex
Paul Sancya/Associated Press

The Pick: EDGE Chase Young, Ohio State

Congratulations to whomever is running the Washington Redskins next season. You get to pair Chase Young with Montez Sweat at pass-rusher, already have a good young quarterback in Dwayne Haskins and boast a player who looks like a potentially dominant wide receiver in Terry McLaurin.

The rebuild isn’t done in Washington. A new head coach is still needed, and direction from ownership and the front office will determine many of the team’s decisions. But there’s promise here, and creating one of the NFL’s best young rushing duos is a great first step.

Young is an easy selection for owner Daniel Snyder and Co. given his athleticism and production, and you can even add that he’s a local guy as he played high school football in nearby Hyattsville, Maryland. 

The Redskins have made a lot of mistakes in the last 30 years. This won’t be one of them.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, mistertim said:

I'm kinda torn. On one hand I sorta agree about tempting fate but on the other it's a fun thread. Maybe it should just be renamed "The Chase Young Hope Thread" or something. 

I’d be fine with that.  

This feels like poking a stick stick in the eye of the football gods who is going to either going to make us nit get Chase Young somehow and then have him terrorize is for a decade, or have him blow out his knee walking up to shake Goodell’s hand.  

16 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

You can sacrifice the turkey this time

How about pigs.  I like pork more than turkey. 

EDIT: I’m nothing if not consistent in my superstitions.  I wonder how many people have no idea what’s going on because they didn’t visit the tailgate in October.  

Edited by Voice_of_Reason
  • Haha 2

I'm all for picking him, but nobody is a guaranteed lock. My apologies if anyone already mentioned this, but in the three biggest games of the year (Michigan, Wisconsin and Clemson) he finished with a total of eight tackles and zero sacks.

He checks the boxes physically: a lanky guy with freaky athleticism. Hopefully he plays more like a Julius Peppers and less like an Alonzo Spellman.

If Sweat and him reach their potential, Dak, Wentz and Jones better have their heads on a swivel.

20 minutes ago, michiskin said:

I'm all for picking him, but nobody is a guaranteed lock. My apologies if anyone already mentioned this, but in the three biggest games of the year (Michigan, Wisconsin and Clemson) he finished with a total of eight tackles and zero sacks.

He checks the boxes physically: a lanky guy with freaky athleticism. Hopefully he plays more like a Julius Peppers and less like an Alonzo Spellman.

If Sweat and him reach their potential, Dak, Wentz and Jones better have their heads on a swivel.

Nick Bosa had a rookie record 11 pressures against Seattle yesterday, but zero sacks.

Clowney is not a big sacks guy but affects the game big-time. 

Young is the same way.