Sacks 'n' Stuff

Welcome to the Redskins Chase Young DE Ohio State

1 hour ago, LD0506 said:

....Cracks me up how people always want to **** about players money like it's coming from their own pocket.

Its not that but lookong at it like paying 1 good player elite money will force the team two lose 2 other good players.

Anyway, How many games did Haskins start with Sheriff in there?

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

It's a good point. If you have a great front 4 that consistently gets pressure on the QB you can do way more with coverages. I think it's easier for a good DL to mask deficiencies in a deficient secondary than it is for a good secondary to mask a deficient DL that doesn't get pressure. Even the best CB can only cover a guy for so long and is eventually going to be beaten. And if you add a guy like Young to your DL then you basically give it a shot of steroids because he's a dude that has game planned for and be accounted for on every single down, no matter what. You can only double team so many guys before you're just running max protect every down.

Remember the San Fran narrative.  This is actually not quite true.  Had San Fran's offense been as good last year in the red zone and short area this year along with the health of Jimmy G and the step back by LA, they would likely have been a wild card team in 2018 or at least one of the last teams missing the playoffs. While the San Fran narrative has indications of not being quite true, I could see that given this narrative and the narrative of the Mike Brown being cheap along with his defacto GM status. The possibility of having multiple quality starters playing on rookie contracts in 2022 and 2023 would probably be a cheap way to maximize revenues would be a very strong carrot to dangle in front of Brown,

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

would take more picks than that to move from 16 to 2

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, OVCChairman said:

@bh32 RIGHT? 16, 47, 55, and 78 for no. 2 overall?  Nah, I'm good

Add in their 1st round pick for next year too.

1 minute ago, RWJ said:

Add in their 1st round pick for next year too.

Still not worth it to me.  I don't want to trade out of the top 5... this draft is so good at the top.  

• Like 1

Just now, OVCChairman said:

Still not worth it to me.  I don't want to trade out of the top 5... this draft is so good at the top.  

I agree.  Young is the BAP in the draft, IMO. 

• Like 1

Skins will take DE Chase Young.  The bigger question is if they can get back in the First Round to get a guy like DL Javon Kinlaw.  Having Young and Kinlaw on this team will take this defense to another level.  I hope the team can put a package together that includes Trent Williams and Ryan Kerrigan to the Ravens for a chance to have their First Rounder to get Kinlaw.  Then after releasing guys like Reed, Richardson and Norman, Skins can concentrate on getting top Tackle, Guard and TE in Free Agency.  I hope we can find away to get Young and Kinlaw, future NFL stars and you heard it from me.

Edited by rcjur1