Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Chase Young DE Ohio State

Sacks 'n' Stuff

1 minute ago, -JB- said:

Yea, I’d say a guy like Chase Young honestly comes out once every year nowadays.  Garrett, Bosa, Young In back to back to back years is pretty impressive.

I don't think the Bosa brothers were as good coming out. I thought they were very good prospects but not franchise players. Nick Bosa is currently reaping the benefits of playing alongside DeForest Buckner and Arik Armstead. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

I don't think the Bosa brothers were as good coming out. I thought they were very good prospects but not franchise players. Nick Bosa is currently reaping the benefits of playing alongside DeForest Buckner and Arik Armstead. 

No doubt.  LT In 81.  No pass rushing prospect of that caliber in the 90’s.  Early

2000’s Peppers and then Von Miller & Chase Young.  That’s once a decade talent!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, -JB- said:

No doubt.  LT In 81.  No pass rushing prospect of that caliber in the 90’s.  Early

2000’s Peppers and then Von Miller & Chase Young.  That’s once a decade talent!

We definitely have to take him. Mario Williams was an elite prospect too, I think the elite ones coming out were Peppers, Mario Williams, Von Miller, and Myles Garrett in the last 20 years. You could throw Clowney in there too, but I wasn't high on him. His junior season was a big red flag, he only had like 3 or 4 sacks. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda

17 minutes ago, Stefanskins said:

i wasn't too impressed with him...def not LT

/ id take burrow

Cincy will.

30 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

We definitely have to take him. Mario Williams was an elite prospect too, I think the elite ones coming out were Peppers, Mario Williams, Von Miller, and Myles Garrett in the last 20 years. You could throw Clowney in there too, but I wasn't high on him. His junior season was a big red flag, he only had like 3 or 4 sacks. 

Yea, I felt the same way about Clowney.  Honestly was much higher on Mack.  Hindsight is 20/20 but I called that one.  Still makes me shake my head when Suggs slid because of size issues when he had more than 20 sacks his last college season.

Edited by -JB-

2 hours ago, Art said:

Just exactly how rare a prospect is Young exactly?   Peppers, Clowney, Garrett, one of the Bosa brothers?   Better, worse, where?   I'm not a huge draft guy and don't start tuning in for it until February really, but this guy seems to have buzz regardless of the fact we are in the running for him.   I know Shannon Sharpe felt Young got dominated by the Clemson right tackle.    Which would be worrisome.   But the Big Ten has good offensive linemen generally so it's not like he went up against slouches.   Regardless, I really only want him if we're actually running a 4-3.   Then go nuts :).

But if you make him a stand up linebacker I'm gonna be pissy.

Well that is worrisome...cowboys o line are all first rounders....there no slouches either...im calling bust already..I agree with stephanskins..

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Conversation between two kids from Southeast DC...

Kid #1 : Young

Kid #2 : What up?

Kid #2 : I’m want curry out.

Kid #1: You Jah lunchin moe,

you just ate!

Kid #2: Young,  I’m starving!

Kid #1: Yo, they just drafted Young, Young!

Kid #2: Moe, stop playin! Young!

Kid #1: Thats what I’m saying Young.  

Kid #2: Wait what?

Kid #1: Young!

Kid #2: What? 

Kid #1: Chase Young, moe

Kid #2: Oh 😳

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Art said:

.....   Regardless, I really only want him if we're actually running a 4-3.   Then go nuts :).

But if you make him a stand up linebacker I'm gonna be pissy.

Given, if he does indeed get the gig, Rivera's penchant for the 3-4. One of the contributing factors to his Panthers demise .....

Hail. 

This is entirely too early to be posting this - and even worse to title it as if it's already happened. There is so much that can happen between now and then. 

Someone could trade ahead of the Skins to take him at 1. Not really likely as I think Borrows is the clear #1 pick. But look at a team like Green Bay. They do not need a QB but what would a player like Young do for them overall? 

Let's say CN takes Burrow and GB offers a boat load of picks for #2 so they can take Young? Say 2 1sts, 2nds (this years and next yrs for both) and a few later rd picks (yes this easily adds up of you figure them to be even the 20th pick - which they will not be with their record). 

What about the Falcons who will be in win now mode moving from 16? You could still get 2sts and 2 2nds (this years and next). That is at a minimum. 

I personally hope they trade out of the pick and get a bunch of picks. This team has way too many needs to focusing on one player. Now if there are no good deals like the Leonard Williams draft (or so we were told), then fine you take him. 

Don't get me wrong, he at least appears to be a generational type player. But how many times have we heard that about guys coming out of college only to have them be OK to good, maybe even really good but not generational. The more picks you have the better chance you have of getting players that will contribute long term. 

If I were an incoming HC/GM, my focus would be on OLine, TE and the secondary. Our Dline is good enough if they had some support - and that's without Ryan K who I would let go unless he signs a very team friendly contract.. I hate to do that as he is one of my favorite all time Redskins. But it would be best for the team long term. I would stop arguing with Trent - ask him once - new sheriff in town are you in or out? If he is out move him. Mosses needs to be gone. At this point you probably let Scherrf go too. McCoy gone, Reed gone, Davis gone. So if Alex can play well enough to be a back-up. If so Keenum is gone. And we know Norman is gone. Of course this is what I wanted them to do last year outside Sherrf who I would have resigned last yr so it's unlikely. But it's time to clean house at Oline, TE and get rid of some of those other top heavy contracts. 

Those moves add $50M to the $43M already projected without a raise in the CAP announced (expected to be about $10M.). With near $100M in CAP space and armed with several draft picks for this yr and next, you could transform this team literally over night. Get LT/ RT and TE early in the draft maybe even CB if you get the right trades. Then supplement your remaining needs, including depth with FAs and late rd draft picks.  

Assuming Chase Young is on the team already takes a lot of potential away from the team to make more wholesale changes. Yea, you can still let all those guys go and get CAP space with Young, but it narrows your ability to maneuver as you have more needs and you always overpay for FAs. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, mistertim said:

Then it would mean Rivera had suffered a recent tragic head injury and we'd keep him in our thoughts/prayers as we look for a different head coach. 

Seriously, a defensive guy like Rivera not wanting possibly the best pass rushing prospect to come out in the past 10 years would be insane. That's like an offensive coach saying they'd pass on Calvin Johnson. 

Rivera had Luke Kuechly in Carolina. I can bet you a guy like Isaiah Thomas would absolutely be on his radar. Not quite the same player, but very versatile. 

I think this thread is a touch premature.

I don't *think* we pass on Young, but I think other players are going to get some consideration.

I say load up on picks this year and next for sure and bail out of #2. I want flexibility  next year after a year in a new system and an identity installed.  Plus I want a chance to draft Lawrence (not ideal but in case needed) and Micah Parsons who is only a sophomore but a stud.

4 hours ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

He's a once every 5 or so year pass rusher. That's pretty damn good, he's better than the Bosa brothers and Clowney coming out in my opinion, I never bought into the Clowney hype. He's not as good as Peppers coming out but he's on the level of Von Miller and Myles Garrett coming out if we're talking prospects. I'd say since 2011 there have only been 2 pass rushers on his level entering the draft. 

Interesting that you mention Peppers because Walter Football went and asked a bunch of NFL people who Young reminded them of coming out (Clowney, Garrett, Bosa, etc) and one of the guys said none of those guys...Peppers is the guy he reminds him of the most. And that's also who Walter Football made as a pro comparison. Said they're very hesitant to make comparisons to future HoF players in their comps, that's the guy they think fits the most. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, goskins10 said:

This is entirely too early to be posting this - and even worse to title it as if it's already happened. There is so much that can happen between now and then. 

Someone could trade ahead of the Skins to take him at 1. Not really likely as I think Borrows is the clear #1 pick. But look at a team like Green Bay. They do not need a QB but what would a player like Young do for them overall? 

Let's say CN takes Burrow and GB offers a boat load of picks for #2 so they can take Young? Say 2 1sts, 2nds (this years and next yrs for both) and a few later rd picks (yes this easily adds up of you figure them to be even the 20th pick - which they will not be with their record). 

What about the Falcons who will be in win now mode moving from 16? You could still get 2sts and 2 2nds (this years and next). That is at a minimum. 

I personally hope they trade out of the pick and get a bunch of picks. This team has way too many needs to focusing on one player. Now if there are no good deals like the Leonard Williams draft (or so we were told), then fine you take him. 

Don't get me wrong, he at least appears to be a generational type player. But how many times have we heard that about guys coming out of college only to have them be OK to good, maybe even really good but not generational. The more picks you have the better chance you have of getting players that will contribute long term. 

You posted what I planned to post.  To add, there always seems to be some great prospect every year.  Some pan out, some do not.  You all mentioned Peppers, Mario Williams, Myles Garrett, Clowney, the Bosas, Von Miller.  What about JJ Watt, also good.  Further, remember Vernon Gholston?  People look at the draft and think of hope and promises compared to actual production.  That is fine as I still believe you build through the draft.  When you have as many holes as we do, however, you need to see if your good pick can be turned into more picks.  

If we do land Ron Rivera, we know that he is a competent, defensive minded coach.  We are not one player away from the Super Bowl and we have competent rushers in Kerrigan, Sweat, Anderson.  OL, CB, TE, those should be the focus.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Timberob said:

I say load up on picks this year and next for sure and bail out of #2. I want flexibility  next year after a year in a new system and an identity installed.  Plus I want a chance to draft Lawrence (not ideal but in case needed) and Micah Parsons who is only a sophomore but a stud.

No way are we getting Lawrence unless literally half of our team is on IR by week 2. Assuming we'll have better coaching, Haskins continues his upward trend (as do the rookie WRs), and we have a few nice additions via draft and FA then I'm guessing we'll be around an 8-8 team with some possibility of losing a couple more or winning a couple more depending. So we should forget about Lawrence because we won't be drafting #1 overall next season and NOBODY is going to give up that pick. Anyone with that pick is either going to be in need of a QB or in a situation where they could jettison the QB they have for Lawrence. 

Just keep it simple. Stay at 2, and draft Young. The only other option would be if Cincy does something unexpected and takes Young at #1 and we have Burrow sitting there. Then we get a big haul with people trying to move up.

11 minutes ago, Mr. S said:

OL, CB, TE, those should be the focus.

Everyone neglects ILB. But I'm not sure why. Our linebackers are not filling running lanes and they aren't great in coverage. Linebacker is our absolute largest need.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Given, if he does indeed get the gig, Rivera's penchant for the 3-4. One of the contributing factors to his Panthers demise .....

Hail. 

I think you meant 4-3? He switched to a 3-4 this season, and ran one in San Diego... but most of his career has been as a 4-3 guy - including his Carolina tenure aside from 2019.

Edited by KDawg

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I think you meant 4-3? He switched to a 3-4 this season, and ran one in San Diego... but most of his career has been as a 4-3 guy - including his Carolina tenure aside from 2019.

I know his background ta Coach. 

And I also now that right here, right now, he's madly moved to being a stubborn 3-4 guy and that contributed to how poor the Panthers run D was, and his ultimate binning. 

Hail. 

• Sad 1

22 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Everyone neglects ILB. But I'm not sure why. Our linebackers are not filling running lanes and they aren't great in coverage. Linebacker is our absolute largest need.

We like the way Hamilton and Holcomb play, both should get better next year, plus Rueben Foster may be around next year, plus we may only need one MLB instead of 2 ILB next year

4 minutes ago, carex said:

We like the way Hamilton and Holcomb play, both should get better next year, plus Rueben Foster may be around next year, plus we may only need one MLB instead of 2 ILB next year

Neither attack downhill very well. Both serviceable back ups.

Relying on Reuben is a mistake. Injury prone, loose cannon. There's a reason he was available.

Plus, the best guy for the ILB spot is Isaiah Simmons. Should the Skins get him, he can play FS, MIKE, slot corner, SAM and WILL. He is versatile. He could even do a little edge rushing, though I'd limit that. So if Holcomb develops into a downhill player, you still have options with him.

I'd love to hear what people think is the reason the run D was so bad. Part was the DL, sure. But more was the ILBs.

I'd also ask the question: Who plays SAM and WILL in a 4-3 style D?

Edited by KDawg
  • Like 1