Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Chase Young DE Ohio State

Sacks 'n' Stuff

6 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Sure I'll trade #2 to the Giants. Just give me your next two 1sts...and Saquon.

New York fans always believe they're entitled to every superstar in every sport and every other team should just be a farm system for them. Its a joke. Newsflash: your city's teams are all trash except the Yankees who spend a billion dollars a year and still haven't won a World Series this decade.

That I might consider. 1st, 2nd, and 3rd this year. 1st, 2nd, and 3rd next year. And Barkley. 

Edited by mistertim

49 minutes ago, Pick6 said:

I think the fact now Rivera is HC and JDR is DC you have to take Chase Young without question. I might have a different opinion if this was still Jay Gruden in charge. 

I can see why a lot of people would think he would pick Young.  I would hope he would try to figure out what are our three or four greatest needs that our team has

and decide if its in the best interest of the team to try to get more picks instead of going after Young.   Either way our team is going to improve from this pick for sure.

I think Gruden would have gone offense pick as you suggested.

• Like 1

I just don't see Young as the next great pass rusher??? He doesn't possess the explosion you want to see out of a great pass rusher or the power, and he looks like the type NFL tackles will blow off the line of scrimmage, he has more of a lean body type like an oversized WR, I think he's another overhyped college player! 

For my money I would draft Andrew Thomas OT Georgia, offensives go no where without studs up front, then either convince Trent to return and move him to RT or Thomas, then get a RB, or we trade Trent for a 2nd and possibly a 4th or 5th rd pick. 

• Haha 8
  • Confused 2

If our new defensive minded coaches are worth their salt, I think they can scheme up a viable front with pressure, between Allen Ion Settle Payne Sweat Kerrigan and Orchard.  My hunch is young is not going to make that crew THAT much better, because they are damn good already. Ok, maybe like our culture.

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Like 1

Why on earth would anyone think that Ron is tied to Haskins when the only thing Ron has said he wants is control over the players that get to play? 

Seriously guys, its not always a conspiracy. I know its hard but try to go with the information available to you and not something that you have literally zero evidence of. And believe me I get its hard to trust Dan. But you have a brand new guy who EVERYONE says is honest and trust worthy. He wont stop being that just because he is here now. Atleast give him the benefit of a doubt. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, THE HAMMER'IN HOG said:

I just don't see Young as the next great pass rusher??? He doesn't possess the explosion you want to see out of a great pass rusher or the power, and he looks like the type NFL tackles will blow off the line of scrimmage, he has more of a lean body type like an oversized WR, I think he's another overhyped college player! 

For my money I would draft Andrew Thomas OT Georgia, offensives go no where without studs up front, then either convince Trent to return and move him to RT or Thomas, then get a RB, or we trade Trent for a 2nd and possibly a 4th or 5th rd pick. 

Is this post sarcasm? Serious question because I honestly can't tell. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Everybody knows that Im a “trade down/acquire fat boys” lifer, but I paid close attention to Chase Young while watching the Clemson semifinal and...he was impressive.

I think he’s coming to DC and I think that possibility is another reason why Rivera/Del Rio found the Redskins job so appealing.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Everybody knows that Im a “trade down/acquire fat boys” lifer, but I paid close attention to Chase Young while watching the Clemson semifinal and...he was impressive.

I think he’s coming to DC and I think that possibility is another reason why Rivera/Del Rio found the Redskins job so appealing.

If Trent and Scherff comes back which seems according to some a possibility the fat boy situation might not be too bad.  Their O line was ranked 13th this year according to PFF without Trent.

I am a big fan of building through the trenches and that also includes the D line.   Young IMO can make the D line special.  Right now the D line is good but it hasn't been playing special yet.  There are some parallels to our situation and the SF one IMO.  SF had some big time defensive tackles but that wasn't translating to a big time D line or defense.  they added Bosa and things dramatically changed.   I think Chase can tip the balance, too.  

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 7

Young's presence, combined with an aggressive defensive scheme, will make the entire Dline better. And it was already really good, just held back. Payne/Allen/Ioaniddis rotation inside will clog up running lanes and make it difficult for QBs to step up into a nonexistent pocket. Young will command double teams and extra attention. Sweat will have the best chance to reach his potential with Young rushing opposite of him. 

The impact of the pressure up front will ripple through the whole defense. You can simply things for the secondary (sooo many blown coverages the past few years) with man coverage, even with mediocre talent. Linebackers will be able to be aggressive in their coverage and playing the run, again helping to overcome some talent deficiencies. 

With the talent up front and an aggressive scheme, we should be able to improve by at least 5 wins next year. At least. IMO we could be kind of like the 2018 Bears. Got by with mediocre rookie QB play because of strengths elsewhere, especially on defense. I think the 2020 Skins have that potential. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

If Trent and Scherff comes back which seems according to some a possibility the fat boy situation might not be too bad.  Their O line was ranked 13th this year according to PFF without Trent.

I am a big fan of building through the trenches and that also includes the D line.   Young IMO can make the D line special.  Right now the D line is good but it hasn't been playing special yet.  There are some parallels to our situation and the SF one IMO.  SF had some big time defensive tackles but that wasn't translating to a big time D line or defense.  they added Bosa and things dramatically changed.   I think Chase can tip the balance, too.  

I agree with this in full and would also state that getting a year under Sweat's belt and having a real DC could make all of the difference. If we can shore up our LB and secondary situation, this defense could really be special with Chase. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Not hard to gather that Del Rio sees an opportunity to take this unit to new heights while improving his stock to be considered for a head coaching position. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

Young's presence, combined with an aggressive defensive scheme, will make the entire Dline better. And it was already really good, just held back. Payne/Allen/Ioaniddis rotation inside will clog up running lanes and make it difficult for QBs to step up into a nonexistent pocket. Young will command double teams and extra attention. Sweat will have the best chance to reach his potential with Young rushing opposite of him. 

The impact of the pressure up front will ripple through the whole defense. You can simply things for the secondary (sooo many blown coverages the past few years) with man coverage, even with mediocre talent. Linebackers will be able to be aggressive in their coverage and playing the run, again helping to overcome some talent deficiencies. 

With the talent up front and an aggressive scheme, we should be able to improve by at least 5 wins next year. At least. IMO we could be kind of like the 2018 Bears. Got by with mediocre rookie QB play because of strengths elsewhere, especially on defense. I think the 2020 Skins have that potential. 

I'm really hoping it actually will be aggressive and not just gap stuffing, especially on the interior. I don't want Payne/Allen/Ioan to just clog running lanes. Those guys are all very good interior pass rushers so I'd like to see them shooting gaps and not just 2 gapping. With the potential talent on that line, someone is always going to be doubled...if not two people with extra blockers. If they're concentrating on Young then our interior guys and Sweat should be single blocked and they can destroy people. I hope the scheme is flexible and they bring pressure from everywhere depending on the situation. 

• Like 2