Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Chase Young DE Ohio State

Sacks 'n' Stuff

• 4 weeks later...

Man, I think back to a year and a half ago or so when there was a lot of discussion about whether the WFT should draft Tua at #2 or Chase. For a team needing a franchise QB as badly as we do, there was a lot of serious discussion about why we should be getting Tua with that pick.

I’m just *really* glad that choice went the way it did. Could you imagine if today we were stuck with another so-called franchise QB who hasn’t looked that impressive so far and who may be shaping up to be a bust? Even worse, in addition to that we could have been sitting here this year watching Chase playing for some other team instead and making hits like that one against *our* QB?  

Thanks be to the football gods that the WFT made the choice it did.

• Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

On 8/15/2021 at 9:07 PM, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Chase young lands at #61 on the top 100 players of 2021 list 😁 

.....failing to see what’s funny about this,  @RiggosRanger (wrong riggosrangers, his username doesn’t pop up for some reason....that’s odd) 

Funny to me because I would be VERY hard pressed to name 61 players ahead of Chase Young.  He should be much higher imho.  THAT is what I found funny about it.  The list below this where Chase is #40 is closer, but I believe he will be much higher after the 2021 season (from 40-not 61).  The writer agrees.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/top-100-nfl-players-of-2021-patrick-mahomes-holds-on-to-no-1-spot-josh-allen-rockets-into-top-10/

Edited by Riggo'sRangers

10 minutes ago, 757SeanTaylor21 said:

Oh ok that was always my fear of chase goinf to the giants. Lol me and another poster shared that same fear and then they beat us and we all rejoiced 

Two straight years of them missing out on opportunities, suck it Mara and keep the millions.

36 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Hope Chase is focused Week 1 of quieting any talk of us screwing up by not drafting Herbert. 

No matter how good chase gets if Herbert is a franchise quarterback and we don't have one there will always be talk of that.

Even if chase gets 20 sacks a year.

3 hours ago, redskinss said:

No matter how good chase gets if Herbert is a franchise quarterback and we don't have one there will always be talk of that.

Even if chase gets 20 sacks a year.

I suppose so, but I think Herbert has surprised many people in a pretty big way. It's not like he was some Andrew Luck level prospect coming out, where everyone knew he was essentially a can't miss guy and the consensus top QB in the class. He had a decent number of question marks and there were plenty of people who didn't even see him as worth a top 10 pick.

It now appears he was worth the pick (though we'll also need to see how his sophomore season pans out before anointing him) but you could do the hindsight thing with a ton of players who surprised and became upper echelon.

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, mistertim said:

It's not like he was some Andrew Luck level prospect coming out, where everyone knew he was essentially a can't miss guy and the consensus top QB in the class. He had a decent number of question marks and there were plenty of people who didn't even see him as worth a top 10 pick.

No doubt, and if he was that guy I'm quite sure we would have taken him.

I was just saying there will always be people questioning it in hindsight if herbert is a stud even if chase becomes one of the best ever.

Edited by redskinss
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

The argument shouldn't be Herbert vs. Young because NOBODY wanted Herbert or projected him to be near a top 2 pick. It was always Young vs. Tua.

He went 6th overall, I'd say that's close enough to number 2 for debate. 

But you're right tua is the guy that was projected to be the one we picked if we didn't take Chase