Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Chase Young DE Ohio State

Sacks 'n' Stuff

13 minutes ago, OVCChairman said:

Jameis Winston level maturity issues?  Do you remember what Winston did... before he even got to the NFL?  The two are not comparable.   He was accused of sexual assault, got caught stealing crab legs, then stood on a table in the middle of the FSU quad and screamed an obscenity that would get me a timeout from this board if i were to type it out.  He then got accused of touching a woman inappropriately, and suspended 3 games for it in 2018.  

Haskins missed the final snap of his first win because he was taking a selfie with some fans... 

Where do they compare? Did i miss something? 

Haskins didn't work hard until midway thru the season, threw McLaurin under the bus after one of the games, charged people to attend his draft party (how many prospects have done that?), retweets praise of himself on social media (how many QBs do that?) and was ignored by his teammates when he tried to lead them

• Haha 2
  • Confused 4

17 minutes ago, method man said:

Haskins didn't work hard until midway thru the season, threw McLaurin under the bus after one of the games, charged people to attend his draft party (how many prospects have done that?), retweets praise of himself on social media (how many QBs do that?) and was ignored by his teammates when he tried to lead them

I don't remember him specifically throwing McLaurin under the bus...  and the rest of it is pretty immature, but none of that comes CLOSE to what Jameis did.  He had LITERALLY multiple CRIMINAL INVESTIGATIONS while he was still in college, then 5 years later gets suspended for the same thing.   

Haskins didn't work hard?  He also wasn't getting ANY team reps, so how can we truly judge his work ethic, if he's not studying the same playbook that the rest of the team is?  He was running scout team.  AP supposedly, even though he came out and basically said "if you dont hear it from my mouth, dont put any stock in it", called him out and he got progressively better.  He's also a 22 years old and learning exactly how hard you do have to work to make it in the NFL.  That's something MOST QBs coming into the league go through.   The narrative about Haskins and his ability to grasp the playbook changed mightily once he was given first team reps. 

BTW, Guice retweets praise on twitter too.. i'd imagine there is a very large contingent of professional athletes that enjoy retweeting praise.... Just because Haskins is a QB, it means he's immature, but Guice isn't? 

Edited by OVCChairman
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, method man said:

This is dog whistling if I've seen it.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, 757SeanTaylor21 said:

What? I need a head slap emoji. So we gonna trade....a what...23 yrs old qb on a rookie deal...that was progressing...a borderline great homegrown cb and a 3rd round pick....for matthew stafford and his 30 mil contract and 32? This is an alex smith all over again idea. Bruce is this you?! 

Method man. Really HOW HIGH are you?

Dude, it's Method Man. Do you really need to ask that question?

f884fb43953f57de2865e87ec9e446e5.jpg

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, method man said:

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

On 2/12/2020 at 10:51 AM, HTTRDynasty said:

From michael christopher (@Bigdogz1318): If Chase Young was in last year draft who would have went first Nick Bosa or Chase Young. Who do you think Jets top free agent signing will be with joe Douglas running them now?

Michael, I love Nick Bosa. But I believe Chase Young would’ve gone first, if it was Chase Young right now, coming off the year he just had. Both guys are incredibly technically sound (Buckeyes DL coach Larry Johnson deserves credit for that), play with great effort, and are good enough to build a defense around. So the key word here is “traits”. Bosa’s are elite. Young’s are generational.

When I’ve talked to scouts the last couple months, Young’s compared physically to Jadeveon Clowney, Julius Peppers and Mario Williams. That’s what would separate him from Bosa, in what I think would be a relatively close call.

In Keim's latest podcast he interviewed a reporter who covered Ohio state for years, he said he interviewed Larry Johnson their esteemed D line coach who told him after the Wisconsin game, Chase had the best game of any player he's had.   Keim mentioned something to the effect of Larry suggested he's the best pass rusher he's had. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

to argue against my own post just made in the haskins thread, the idea of young with the other d linemen we have, and given our new coaching staff, is pretty mesmerizing....but i think peter schrager has a solid record on his draft evaluations over recent years and on gmfb this morning he has young as his #1 now...if that perception becomes widespread it potentially puts us in a more interesting situation 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jumbo said:

to argue against my own post just made in the haskins thread, the idea of young with the other d linemen we have, and given our new coaching staff, is pretty mesmerizing....but i think peter schrager has a solid record on his draft evaluations over recent years and on gmfb this morning he has young as his #1 now...if that perception becomes widespread it potentially puts us in a more interesting situation 

If the Bengals did go with Chase Young I'm curious what they'd do at QB. From what I've read they're basically already in the works of getting Dalton traded so I see very little chance of him being there this season. I kinda doubt they think Finley is the answer but maybe they think they could roll with him for a year and try to get a QB next draft?

Only problem there is that a team is incredibly unlikely to have the #1 draft pick two years in a row. So they either go with the best QB in the class now while they have that option or roll the dice and potentially have to choose from the second tier QBs in the next draft class. Because outside of a devastating injury, nobody is going to trade out of #1 and pass on a prospect like Lawrence so a trade up is more or less out of the question IMO. 

• Like 2

Just now, Warhead36 said:

Stop it. The Bengals are not passing on Joe Burrow. You don't pass on a franchise QB prospect ever.

I think Burrow goes #1 to somebody.  Cincy COULD theoretically want Tua, or if they felt they could get Tua and a few assests, they might be fine with that instead of Burrow.  

I think almost no matter what it goes #1 Burrow, #2 Young (to us), #3 Tua.  

The question is which team.  Most likely (again, because the most obvious answer is often the right one), Cincy takes Burrow, we take Young, and Miami trades up to 3 to grab Tua.  

However, if Cincy likes Tua, and Miami, San Diego, Chicago, the Raiders REALLY want Burrow, you could probably work a 3 way trade and have that team move up to #1, and then trade back up to #3 to get Tua.  

We did this with the Saints and Bears.  The Saints traded us their entire draft to move up and grab Ricky Williams, and then we traded half of it to Chicago to move back up to grab Champ Bailey.  Everybody kindof won except Ditka who was stupid.  

Is that likely?  No.  But it's possible.  

The thing is, we're the ones who probably don't move at all because we don't need a QB, and we have the ability to stay right where we are and pick the best player in the draft.  

Activity could come ahead or behind us.  

5 minutes ago, Stefanskins said:

I was listening to Doc n Galdi and the guest had Tua 1rst and Burrow 2nd. What if Cinci took Tua and Young and Burrow fell to the number two pick, who would you take or what would you do?...I'd take Burrow.

I would only trade with the Lions. That way we still get Young. Assuming the Lions take Burrow.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Stefanskins said:

I was listening to Doc n Galdi and the guest had Tua 1rst and Burrow 2nd. What if Cinci took Tua and Young and Burrow fell to the number two pick, who would you take or what would you do?...I'd take Burrow.

It entirely depends on your evaluation.  If you think Burrow is Rodgers, then you pick Burrow no matter what.  If you don't think Burrow is Rodgers, you pick Young.  

If you think Burrow is Rodgers and Young is Reggie White, then you STILL pick Burrow because a franchise QB is more important than a franchise pass rusher.

If you think both of them are overrated, you find a sucker to trade down with and get a king's ransom.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stefanskins said:

That's a tough call since there are a few options.

1) Take Burrow

2) Take Young

3) Trade out of #2 for a haul of picks

I really do like Burrow and think he's an excellent prospect but IMO he isn't a Luck or Lawrence generational level prospect, whereas Chase Young is that sort of prospect. But then of course positional value comes into play. QB is more valuable than pass rusher but they're #1 and #2 so it's pretty close, especially if you have a QB already.

Then it would depend on a few other things. How do we rate Burrow compared to what Haskins looked like in his last couple of games? How confident are we that Haskins will continue to grow and get better? How confident are we that Chase Young is going to be Bosa level or better and really turn the defense into a formidable unit? What sort of offers are we getting from people who want to move up for Burrow? Is it worth it when compared to having a potential perennial All-Pro pass rusher that could transform our defense or a potential franchise QB if we truly thought Burrow was that much better than Haskins?

I'd probably do either #2 or #3, but lean towards #2. But it depends on what kind of offer we got. It would be hard to turn down something absurd like 3 1sts and 2 2nds and a couple of extra mid rounders (basically RG3 level or more), but it would also be hard to pass on a guy who could be an elite pass rusher for the next decade plus.

That being said, I don't see any RG3 level offers to move up, even for Burrow. We were the last team to do something that absurd and the league learned from us. We'd probably get an offer like swap picks, and a 1st next year or swap picks and a couple of 2nd rounders depending on who it is trying to move up and where they are. To me that wouldn't be worth it. I'd take Young and call it a day.

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 1

Young's coaches, scouts, teammates all say that young was a better player than bosa even though there are minuscule differences in technique. Now...no one knows how he will pan out let alone any rookie. But trading back allows us to simply take more lesser tier players . Yeah we have holes..every team does. But you DON'T trade back from a GREAT PROSPECT just cause teams offer u something. Texans traded UP for watt...he was dpoy what...3x? When is the last time any redskin player has won anything? Rg3 rookie of year? Our last great defensive player was sean Taylor and even tho his early years we sucked he was a joy to watch. Has kerrigan ever just been a joy to watch? Or how about our d line now...has it been joyful? Most of yall...including me will say no.

You take young and his potential and if he maximizes it like I believe he will...we will all be happy we didnt trade back for a good player that just fills a hole. Make your life simple. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

It entirely depends on your evaluation.  If you think Burrow is Rodgers, then you pick Burrow no matter what.  If you don't think Burrow is Rodgers, you pick Young.  

If you think Burrow is Rodgers and Young is Reggie White, then you STILL pick Burrow because a franchise QB is more important than a franchise pass rusher.

If you think both of them are overrated, you find a sucker to trade down with and get a king's ransom.  

If Burrow is Rodgers, whose going to start for the next 3 years?  When we go 6-10 in 2023, what is our reaction?

I think it would really be funny if Cincinnati took Tua and the guy who helped make that decision came to the same organization that takes Burrow as HC.

I wonder if Alex Smith passes his physical if McCarthy still thinks Smith is better than Rodgers?

Edited by Darth Tater