Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Let's have fun! Name the excuse Snyder will use to void Rivera's conract in three years!

Lombardi's_kid_brother

2 hours ago, hail2skins said:

Oh, I wasn't doubting Kevin's thinking that Gibbs might be involved.

And we all love Coach Joe for being a class guy and his accomplishments here. But just the hint of any "appeal to the 80s nostalgia" just seems a bit icky to me. Some in another thread expressed their desire to have Gibbs as team president. Can we move on?

I'll be honest -- when I first heard that Joe was hired for his 2.0 stint my first reaction was "Why?"  This has been done,....find your own way Dan, hire a good GM and have him get a HC and define this your own way.  Such a non-innovative/creative mind he is -- no true vision,....and it seems he's not changed much if at all.  Ugh,....

But, I bought in after a while like everyone else did.  It's the best stretch in Dan's rein, but that's not saying much -- 2 playoff appearances and a 30-34 record in 4 years.

1 minute ago, Probos said:

I'll be honest -- when I first heard that Joe was hired for his 2.0 stint my first reaction was "Why?"  This has been done,....find your own way Dan, hire a good GM and have him get a HC and define this your own way.  Such a non-innovative/creative mind he is -- no true vision,....and it seems he's not changed much if at all.  Ugh,....

But, I bought in after a while like everyone else did.  It's the best stretch in Dan's rein, but that's not saying much -- 2 playoff appearances and a 30-34 record in 4 years.

I was stoked like everyone else but then realized that he was 64 and really wondered if Joe was going to be around long enough to make a difference. I think the decision would've been better if Dan had managed to lure him back in say, 2001.  We needed someone who we thought could realisitically be our coach for close to a decade.  Some have said that Joe was brought here to win instead of build a team, but, as you said, 30-34 and 2 playoff appearances wasn't big enough.

22 hours ago, dyst said:

Snyder fires him because Rivera calls him Dan instead of Mr. Snyder while looking him in the eyes and Danny Boy doesn’t like that.

In this scenario, is Danny Boy standing on a stool?  Otherwise, I don't see him looking him in the eyes, maybe at the the top of his head, but not in the eyes.

Archived