Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ron Rivera to be next Redskins HC (According to CSN Post-game Show)

skinfan2k

4 minutes ago, redskinss said:

I was happy with the steve wilks pick because I figured they put a good defense together before so why not but then I was very excited about the prospect of getting del rio.

Now that the rumors have come full circle back to wilks I'd be pretty bummed about it.

Wait, wut? I thought Del Rio was coming.

I dont get why PFT is going off on the Redskins about being dysfunctional BECAUSE of the Schaefer stuff. They didnt fire him, apparently he said he is leaving in May, so its not like the media found out something before the Redskins told him. And seems like its pretty normal for staff to stay through the draft before changing out.

That's why we have to wait for the legit tweeters to post (Schefter, Rapaport, Keim). 

Just now, MisterPinstripe said:

I dont get why PFT is going off on the Redskins about being dysfunctional BECAUSE of the Schaefer stuff. They didnt fire him, apparently he said he is leaving in May, so its not like the media found out something before the Redskins told him. And seems like its pretty normal for staff to stay through the draft before changing out.

Because the owner/main guy on that sight HATE the Redskins and have for a long time.

4 minutes ago, Andre The Giant said:

Holy bejeezus that organization is such a monumental cluster**** that simply cannot get un****ed no matter what it does. I guess we can always say that at least we're not the Browns. And we can just go right back to the well for this one:

Gotta give Dan some credit for this process. He fired Jay in season and gave the Redskins the first mover advantage. He struck fast and used it to his advantage. Now Ron can use the same advantage to pluck the best available staff before the musical chairs start. Finally some strategic moves...

17 minutes ago, Veretax said:

btw the junkies had this add, that I thought this morning suggested there had been no holdouts/controversy during Allen's tenure>

And I said what?

How about McNabb?
HaynesWorth/Cap Gate?
S'ua Cravens?
RG3 vs Cousins
Cousins Extension
I'm sure I missed something.

The Trent Williams fiasco. 

5 minutes ago, MisterPinstripe said:

P.f.t. is the one that's dysfunctional.

Their the ones who deleted the del rio rumor and then updated the wilks coming here article.

Then 5 minutes later the del rio one was back and wilks was the older article. 

**** mike florio, he has a huge ax to grind and I hope del rio brings his with him and buries it in florios leg.

3 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Gotta give Dan some credit for this process. He fired Jay in season and gave the Redskins the first mover advantage. He struck fast and used it to his advantage. Now Ron can use the same advantage to pluck the best available staff before the musical chairs start. Finally some strategic moves...

I wonder who the actual brains was behind this whole thing. No way is Dan that clever or strategic. We know there are several reports that he was apparently consulting with an outside group during this whole thing. I wouldn't be surprised if he's basically getting the credit for their plan. lol

16 minutes ago, redskinss said:

I was happy with the steve wilks pick because I figured they put a good defense together before so why not but then I was very excited about the prospect of getting del rio.

Now that the rumors have come full circle back to wilks I'd be pretty bummed about it.

Dude, this is where the Wilks mishap started.  He is not a candidate but Jack Del Rio is the target for the Redskins DC.

1 minute ago, mistertim said:

I wonder who the actual brains was behind this whole thing. No way is Dan that clever or strategic. We know there are several reports that he was apparently consulting with an outside group during this whole thing. I wouldn't be surprised if he's basically getting the credit for their plan. lol

It’s basically the same strategy as signing free agents at 12:01 am. That was so effective it lead to the 3 day tampering window. You gotta use any advantage available.

4 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Give him credit for what, LOL???  The Redskins have been terrible for over twenty years.  He fired them because he had no other choice.

15 minutes ago, MisterPinstripe said:

You can bring in someone via FA or a later round pick spent on CB. You dont pass on someone that could be a generational talent at one of the most important and impactful positions on the field, especially as that position can make your existing DBs look a lot better.

You won’t find anyone capable in FA during the season. I just hate the depth we have in our secondary. I love Moreland and Moreau and Dunbar but I’m not 100% confident in any of them on an island. Do I think Chase gives them an ppportunity to be better? Absolutely. I would take Chase in a heartbeat. I’m not opposed to his being drafted. But I would at least consider dropping a couple of spots and grabbing an Okudah or Simmons and adding a couple more first rounders. I don’t buy the “generational” moniker until they’ve shown it in the bigs.

1 minute ago, emoore0222 said:

Give him credit for what, LOL???  The Redskins have been terrible for over twenty years.  He fired them because he had no other choice.

How about credit on doing it the right way this time around?  Hiring outside football minds weeks ago, not tied to the organization to help with the next head coach and needed changes to the organizational structure, while placing Bruce in exile and keeping his distance from him. 

And listening to the agents of HC candidates that their client would not consider coming there if Bruce was still with the organization, regardless of what role he would take over.  Then firing Bruce and starting the full rebuild by hiring a top HC target in Rivera.  Which should also lead to a stud DC coming aboard in Jack Del Rio.

4 minutes ago, emoore0222 said:

He had no other choice? :ols: He got the very first, most desirable candidate before some teams could even start firing guys. Literally every single other coach was an option for us. :ols: 

14 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Dan has his faults but chasing things in the off season has been his wheel house with some exceptions.  I'll give him this he put this organization is such a deep hole that at least he recognized that fact and that he needed to move fast to ensure his top candidate isn't making much of an apples to apples decision. 

16 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Holy bejeezus that organization is such a monumental cluster**** that simply cannot get un****ed no matter what it does. I guess we can always say that at least we're not the Browns. And we can just go right back to the well for this one:

Well, on one hand, while Dorsey wasnt lighting things up, it does seem kind of sad to fire the first guy in 16 years to bring you back to back 6 wins or more seasons.  

On the other hand, he decided to hire Freddie Kitchens as HC, so he kind of made his own immense screw up.

So, will Rivera's hiring revive the now dead rumors of a few months ago that the Skins will go after Cam Newton...this time as a backup/mentor for Haskins? I can't imagine they will keep McCoy and deciding whether to keep Keenum must be a question also.

Newton's status in Carolina is apparently still in question though but there are probably a number of teams that would still make him a starter. Also, Alex Smith probably keeps the role of Haskins' mentor and Newton would probably be too expensive as a backup for the Skins. Still, I wonder if Ron might try to fit him in somehow here.

11 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Dude, this is where the Wilks mishap started.  He is not a candidate but Jack Del Rio is the target for the Redskins DC.

There are a couple articles out there that Rivera wants wilks to join him in DC.  I'd love to see del Rio as DC and wilks as d backs coach.

1 minute ago, Koolblue13 said:

He had no other choice? :ols: He got the very first, most desirable candidate before some teams could even start firing guys. Literally every single other coach was an option for us. :ols: 

I'm not talking about the chosen candidate but the firings to get that candidate.  Do you truly believe he would have fired Bruce Allen without the media and fan base pushing him? 

Archived