Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ron Rivera to be next Redskins HC (According to CSN Post-game Show)

skinfan2k

2 hours ago, Andre The Giant said:

"Credit where it's due"?  I suppose for keeping things under wraps,...sure.

Other than firing Bruce (bravo) and a new HC what exactly has been "re-configured"?  Who is the GM or Pres of Football Ops?  What exactly is the chain of command regarding football operations?

5 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

This sounds like something out of a movie.  I hope Dan isn't doing this because...well, there are other things to be done.  

im glad its happening because leaks continue a toxic culture.

Look at the steelers no leaks at all during Browns tenure.  I can guarantee brown didnt turn into a putz over night

4 minutes ago, Probos said:

Other than firing Bruce (bravo) and a new HC what exactly has been "re-configured"?  Who is the GM or Pres of Football Ops?  What exactly is the chain of command regarding football operations?

Firing Larry Hess was also big.  

FO still in flux a bit.  Ron will have a large say in personnel, and if you are hiring a person from outside the organization, you can't do that until after the draft.  

Just now, TK said:

So was Copeland who broke the Santos fired bit yesterday

So was Copeland who broke the Santos fired bit yesterday

Rodger Rodger.

Yup Yup.

There was an entire Tom Clancy book, I think it was Patriot Games, about using this method of finding a mole.  It was a damn good book.  

Just now, Thinking Skins said:

This is what I've been waiting for since Ron was announced. Its been speclated that we'd keep KOC but speculation isn't worth the time it takes to think about it

Likely and I hope so.  We shall see.  I hope it happens too.

8 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

Josh Norman had the same answer when asked if he played his last game for the Redskins.

Like the guy knows what's going on and the coaches would get fired but not him :)

I’d like to think that I have as much chance to play corner for the Redskins next season as Josh Norman.

5 hours ago, HigSkin said:

Interesting discussion on Redskins Talk - Season Wrap up yesterday with JP, BMitch, Julie and Mitch.  JP said there was horrible communication all year between Manusky/Tomsula and Horton/Ryan and that everybody felt Rob Ryan had the best game plan every week but there was absolutely no cohesion between any of the coaches.  At least on the defensive side on the ball which makes sense given their lousy year.

That's interesting because I didn't hear this yesterday. I know they releases one on the Bruce Allen firing? Are you talking about that. Or are you talking about TV? I'm guessing you mean TV because you mention BMitch and Julie, who are not on the podcast. But thats interesting nonetheless. I wonder if against Dallas they actually listeed to Ryan more and let Sweat play straight pass rush

24 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Blache: 

8-8

4-12

Combined: 12-20,  or a .375 winning percentage

Haz:

6-10

5-11

10-7 (playoff loss)

3-13

4-12

Combined 28-53. WOOF) or a .34 winning percentage

Barry:

9-8 (playoff loss)

8-7-1

Combined 17-15-1 for a .54 winning percentage.  

Amazingly, the best winning percentage, for possibly the worst DC in the history of the league.  That shows how good the offense was.  

Manusky:

7-9

7-9

3-13

Combined 17-31 for a .35 winning percentage.

So, in summary Del Rio's record is better.

Just now, Thinking Skins said:

That's interesting because I didn't hear this yesterday. I know they releases one on the Bruce Allen firing? Are you talking about that. Or are you talking about TV? I'm guessing you mean TV because you mention BMitch and Julie, who are not on the podcast. But thats interesting nonetheless. I wonder if against Dallas they actually listeed to Ryan more and let Sweat play straight pass rush

There's a Redskin Talk - Season Wrap for NBC sports on TV.  It's on again tonight at 10:30p.  🙂

sweet we're back to hunting leaks

i recall one time during a season ticket holder meeting where larry michael and bruce allen went on a rant about how they're stopping leaks. they both came off as complete buffoons. and i watched michael interacting with his staff enough, when he wasn't presenting, to realize he's about the biggest asshole i've ever met. maybe they'll fire him too.

1 minute ago, Thinking Skins said:

I feel like he's the forgotten coordinator, like the gap between Williams and Haslett. But his defenses were good (better than anything since) and he gets so little mentions or memories since. 

I agree.  I didn't appreciate Blache (didn't hate him either) as much as I should have at the time but I do think he was better than any of the D coordinators who came after. 

Archived