Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ron Rivera to be next Redskins HC (According to CSN Post-game Show)

skinfan2k

Firing Bruce; getting a fresh start in the training department; hiring a proven respected culture changing coach like Rivera; retaining KOC; bringing in an entire new defensive staff headed by a proven DC; and giving Kyle Smith a chance to prove his worth and test his relationship with Ron as a future GM candidate... 

that all is as close to the best case scenario as any fan could possibly hope for given the toxic culture of the 2019 Skins. It’s close to the ideal scenario in my mind, if it all plays out this way. 

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

If you weren't an English composition professor at some artsy-fartsy liberal arts college, you missed your calling.  Your use of language is spectacular.  (This is a genuine compliment, not sarcasm.)

i teach "soothing the soul with underwater basket-weaving" at a very well known liberal arts college famous for its caucasian rastafarians 

but i'm looking for another job if you know anyone---preferably something involving throwing knives

15 minutes ago, Dissident2 said:

My biggest question - and I'm sure yours as well - is what this will mean for Rob Ryan, i.e., what sort of promotion will he be getting? One thing's for sure: this team needs to bank up the Brinks for this football colossus if they don't want someone in our division stealing him away quickly! 

Seriously? I hope he's shown the door. He's never been very successful at any of his stops. We can do much better.

1 minute ago, Riggo#44 said:

Now Shanny was saddled with Allen--who knew then what we know now. So we'll see...

Shanny had a few issues himself. He had gone soft when compared to his reputation. Went from a hard ass to a buddy coach for some strange reason. I dont know if it was age or him trying to fit in with this younger softer generation or what. But he wasnt the man he was when he won 2 rings. A few of his past players in the media would often say how they wouldnt never get away with some of the **** they saw the skins doing. I saying that knowing he had something against Fat Al. 

He also was a liar. He either drafted Griffin himself or was told too. It couldnt be both and he said it was both at different times. You cant trust a man who lies in the open like that and his players reportedly didnt trust him. 

He had his own issues, for sure. Im hoping a character guy like Ron can avoid that. 

I’m in utter shock. We landed an actual coach, I was sure that we’d have to dumpster dive and that was a big reason why I didn’t hate gruden. For those who don’t love this hire I’m wondering who you would have preferred? River was one of, if not the top coach candidates out there. Between this news, Bruce getting canned, training staff getting cleaned up, and solidifying the #2 pick, I have a true feeling of optimism for the future. Certainly wasn’t a feeling I had just over a week ago and not one I expected to have for quite some time.

7 minutes ago, Sknsnation said:
Source close to Steve Wilks said at this time he does not expect him to join Ron Rivera in Washington as the DC. Had coached with him in Carolina.

Give answers. I just hate this Twitter type of reporting. Just pumping out news without any real info. Why not? Who is then in the run for the position? 

22 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Great news that this is done.  I hope keeping KOC is for real, as well as bringing in Wilks.

The franchise got better today.  I liked Gruden, but he was an Allen/Snyder lapdog.  "Club Jay" was a thing, no wonder the teams were always soft.  Allen is sent packing.  We got a real football guy in here now, this is great to see.

Obviously there's a lot to do but this is a good step in the right direction.  I hear great things about Bienemy but I was afraid that they'd go that route, the hot assistant/coordinator with no experience.  Rivera is a 2 time coach of the year, has a superbowl appearance and seems to have a lot of gas left in the tank.  I'm stoked.

Jay was a decent enough person, but not suited for a HC job. He was a tampa connection crony hire if there ever was one. As soon as his name was announced as a "candidate" everyone knew the fix was in. Brucifer left guys like Greg Roman swinging in the wind after requesting an interview, then not even bothering to cancel/explain it after he found his guy with "fire in the belly"

1 minute ago, crabbypatty said:

Jay was a decent enough person, but not suited for a HC job. He was a tampa connection crony hire if there ever was one. As soon as his name was announced as a "candidate" everyone knew the fix was in. Brucifer left guys like Greg Roman swinging in the wind after requesting an interview, then not even bothering to cancel/explain it after he found his guy with "fire in the belly"

I agree, when I say I liked Jay it was because he was a good dude.  As a person, a likable guy.  And probably a good coordinator, I think what he did for the Bengals was about as good as it'll get for him.  He's not HC material.  Never got that "I'm the dude in charge here," vibe from him.

Just now, MisterPinstripe said:

Maybe we should try to bring Williams back as DC, great history here, still has a good relationship with Dan, and did very well with the Jets.

If Wilks doesn't come with Rivera, I'd be down.  Williams gets results wherever he goes.  Bountygate is an unfortunate stain on him, Cleveland should have kept him as coach last year but I think that's the reason they didn't and gave it to Gump Kitchens.

Just now, wilco_holland said:

So could we be waiting until Carolina fires there personnel? They probally want a new HC before they let go of there coordinators and position coaches. 

I don't know why we have to wait until Carolina fires personnel.  Coaches can't turn in resignation and go where they want?

1 minute ago, MisterPinstripe said:

Maybe we should try to bring Williams back as DC, great history here, still has a good relationship with Dan, and did very well with the Jets.

Double gg is better than the dumpster fire DC's we've had the last 10 years, and I wouldn't mind him one bit, but

I think he's got his sights set on a HC gig anyway, doubtful he'd come back here to be a dc as he is currently employed as one with the Jets..

I’ll admit, I didn’t watch many of the games down the stretch, but in the games I did watch, I wasn’t overly impressed, or at all impressed with our offensive playcalling. I assume we worked off of grudens vanilla playbook, so that certainly didn’t help, but my question is why is everyone so head over heals with KOC? Is there something that I’m completely missing? All that I see is gruden 2.0. When gruden allowed mcvay to start working in his scheme, we saw some originality, but I haven’t seen anything with KOC. Hearing that he may be staying is actually one of the very few reasons that I don’t feel optimism.

3 minutes ago, Gibbit said:

Im sure Ron has his list of candidates. We probably don't have to get involved at this time

Ohh but we will lol

1 minute ago, CTskin said:

I’ll admit, I didn’t watch many of the games down the stretch, but in the games I did watch, I wasn’t overly impressed, or at all impressed with our offensive playcalling. I assume we worked off of grudens vanilla playbook, so that certainly didn’t help, but my question is why is everyone so head over heals with KOC? Is there something that I’m completely missing? All that I see is gruden 2.0. When gruden allowed mcvay to start working in his scheme, we saw some originality, but I haven’t seen anything with KOC. Hearing that he may be staying is actually one of the very few reasons that I don’t feel optimism.

I dont know if you watched the last 3 games but apparently those were all KOC and Haskins had his most NFL looking performances in them. We looked efficient. Chunk yardage, YAC , TOP (i think) and even some misdirection and screens. I think the optimism on him is coming from those games specifically. 

6 minutes ago, CTskin said:

Not my opinion. People like the development they saw from Haskins. He worked in the rookie WRs and found ways to utilise the speed of a guy like Sims. There looked to be some ritme and fans think Bill took a step back in O playcalling a couple of games ago because we saw more attack passing attack. Before it was run heavy. So they give KOC praise for that. 

So most people want to build on what they saw from Haskins. 

Personally I'm very sceptical. We didn't play amazing teams and where still inconsistent. 

7 minutes ago, CTskin said:

Last 3 when KOC took over the play calling rather than what Callihan dictated there was a major difference. All of the sudden we werent running every first down and easily predictable. All of the sudden Haskins started looking REALLY good. Outside of those games, Callihan was making KOC call the games a certain way.

Averaged 26 points a game the last 3 games KOC was calling plays, even including the last game where we were without Terry and Haskins and the other injuries.

Over the other 13 games we averaged 14 points a game.

6 minutes ago, CTskin said:

He was hampered by grudens playbook and Callahan probably dictated the offensive gameplan.  

Id like to see KOC unleashed

Archived