Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ron Rivera to be next Redskins HC (According to CSN Post-game Show)

skinfan2k

21 minutes ago, skinzplay said:

If Rivera is the hire, I'd love to see Ken Zampese at QB Coach and Mike Shula at OC.

Why did he make a lateral move in 2017 from Carolina to new york?

If rivera didn't want him anymore then, why would he be interested now?

Honest question because I don't know any of the details.

4 minutes ago, redskinss said:

Guessing it has to do with Norv and his son 

1 hour ago, HigSkin said:

Interesting discussion on Redskins Talk - Season Wrap up yesterday with JP, BMitch, Julie and Mitch.  JP said there was horrible communication all year between Manusky/Tomsula and Horton/Ryan and that everybody felt Rob Ryan had the best game plan every week but there was absolutely no cohesion between any of the coaches.  At least on the defensive side on the ball which makes sense given their lousy year.

Yep, thanks, I ironically watched that this morning. 

Just now, Koolblue13 said:

That makes little sense, unless Barry's buying in.

Which I would support bit time. But even then, us just hearing about this makes me question that. Its hard to hide that the previous first African American president of the united states would be the first African American owner of a football team. I would think, atleast. 

But you talk about bringing the fans back....

Naw I dont want to think about that. So much drama would come with that lol. Maybe they change the name to the ObamaSkins and piss everybody off. (its a joke i love everyone except cowboys fans please dont @ me) 

8 hours ago, LetMeSeeYourWarFace21 said:

Sorry if this was posted, but here's Riveras farewell press conference after he got fired from Carolina. Definitely a good watch for anyone interested.....

Should be required watching for everyone.  Gruden didn't communicate this well.  I don't think he had this outlook on life and...gulp...culture...that Rivera has.  Shanny didn't, I don't think.

And if anyone thought for real that Snyder, Rivera and Obama were really out to dinner and that Smoot broke the story...I've got a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you.

8 minutes ago, redskinss said:

As I understand it (could be wrong.......wouldn't be the first time, just ask my wife!), Hurney wanted Shula and Dorsey out as staff changes and Rivera's extension was contingent on those changes.

27 minutes ago, Andre The Giant said:

I’m not sold on Rivera as HC, but I’m definitely not sold on him as team builder, he’s never done it.

Ian Rappaport is on the Junkies right now explaining exactly how Rivera came into Carolina and turned the team around.

34 minutes ago, skinzplay said:

If Rivera is the hire, I'd love to see Ken Zampese at QB Coach and Mike Shula at OC.

KOC need to be retained due to the good relationship with the quarterback and there is no need to change the offensive system for the offense.  In fact the quarterback has gestured that KOC be retained.

1 minute ago, purbeast said:

Ian Rappaport is on the Junkies right now explaining exactly how Rivera came into Carolina and turned the team around.

But he wasn’t GM.  Plus, John Fox had also taken the quality Panthers organization to the Super Bowl as well. 

I’m not saying Rivera is a Zorn-level hire (he’s not), just that he’ll likely need some help.  Based on draft results, I’d be OK with the existing Front Office if Snyder let’s them do their job.

Bruce didn’t get it done, but my gut says he was able to stop some of Snyder’s impulsive decisions.  They need someone else there that can do that. 

So we're still waiting for Ron Rivera's hire but still haven't fired the whole actual coaching staff... Obviously we're letting that to the new HC, then I'll wonder if he'll have carte blanche regarding the new coaching staff. If yes, then perfect, if not, still same ol'...

Archived