Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ron Rivera to be next Redskins HC (According to CSN Post-game Show)

skinfan2k

1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

What's this now?

Not a judgment call on O'Connell by me. Just saying that Brown made the call and recommended O'Connell to the FO as a up-and-coming talent on the offensive side of the ball. The owner likes Brown. Gruden never wanted to hire an OC (thought he could handle HC and OC duties all on his own, never even utilized Cavanaugh's strengths in the latter capacity). Bringing O'Connell on staff was a precursor to his becoming OC; it's why Cavanaugh was later reassigned.

47 minutes ago, tmandoug1 said:

Tomorrow's press conference results.

1. Ron Rivera hired as HC.

2. Former President Obama is tiny tiny part owner.

3. Team name changed to Washington Democrats.

Just a little humor for everyone.....

Nah... Gonna name them...

The Washington Bureaucrats

36 minutes ago, skinzplay said:

Eager to see the guys who comprise Rivera's staff, if he is, indeed, ultimately the hire. Let the HC choose his own people, including his OC.

No idea who the GM will be, but if it's Morocco Brown, there's a greater chance that O'Connell remains. He's the reason O'Connell ended up in Ashburn in the first place, despite the fact that Gruden didn't want to bring him aboard.

I would much rather see Jim Caldwell than O’Connell. Callahan as o line coach is the only guy I would keep.

Edit. Just googled it. Didn’t realize Caldwell was on staff with the Dolphins. I thought he was taking the year off for health reasons.

31 minutes ago, skinzplay said:

Not a judgment call on O'Connell by me. Just saying that Brown made the call and recommended O'Connell to the FO as a up-and-coming talent on the offensive side of the ball. The owner likes Brown. Gruden never wanted to hire an OC (thought he could handle HC and OC duties all on his own, never even utilized Cavanaugh's strengths in the latter capacity). Bringing O'Connell on staff was a precursor to his becoming OC; it's why Cavanaugh was later reassigned.

I don't have any recollection of this happening, are you sure? Hasn't Morocco Brown been gone for years? 

1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I don't have any recollection of this happening, are you sure? Hasn't Morocco Brown been gone for years? 

Yeah, he's been out of Ashburn for a while now. He's bounced around -- Cleveland, Indy. He was in Cleveland with O'Connell.

8 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

I would much rather see Jim Caldwell than O’Connell. Callahan as o line coach is the only guy I would keep.

Edit. Just googled it. Didn’t realize Caldwell was on staff with the Dolphins. I thought he was taking the year off for health reasons.

Nah. If I could only keep one I'd keep Ike Hilliard. He did a hell of a job with our rookie receivers. They all improved so much and were a viable NFL force by the time Haskins was able to put a game together.

6 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Caldwell is solid gold, in my book!! What that man was able to do in Detroit was nothing short of miraculous, considering what he had to work with (both on the field and in that FO. And he knows how to develop QBs.

Yeah, he did take the year off, before the season even started. He wanted no part of what was definitely a tanking operation early on. He's "healthy" and ready to roll now, so maybe the Dolphins will release him from his contract. He had an Asst HC title, so the only upgrade would be Associate HC or HC; we'll see.

Coaches, front office, and players have bad seasons what we have lacked here is someone we could defend and be proud of during the bad times. we have been so unprofessional many of us stopped openly supporting the skins because it represented Danny, Vinny, Bruce, etc...after watching the farewell presser we may have just found that guy we can root for through thick and thin

There haven’t been any announcements of assistant coach firings yet have there? 

I don't think they officially have to “fire” Callahan or Manusky.  I believe Manusky was in the last year of his contract, and Callahan’s interim HC contract also ran out.

I think same for Tomsula, who I believe is going to retire.  

I haven’t seen news on anybody else...

Archived