Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ron Rivera to be next Redskins HC (According to CSN Post-game Show)

skinfan2k

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Listening to a guy who covered Rivera in Carolina, he says he's a big music guy especially corny stuff, Brown Eye Girl, Van Morrison is apparently his song and if I heard him right he plays it in practice. 

Probably better than Gruden pretending to like Kevin Gates

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Listening to a guy who covered Rivera in Carolina, he says he's a big music guy especially corny stuff, plays Brown Eye Girl, Van Morrison is apparently his song and if I heard him right he's plays it in practice. 

Van Morrison corny?!  Hmmm, those are fightin words, young man!

32 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Longtime guys like Hess and Santos following Allen out the door DOES make this feel different, I have to say. I really think Rivera knows what kind of structure he wants and is getting it. 

Someone earlier (maybe tso or KDawg?) posted that they wanted to see if Rivera would truly have the power to oust guys like Hess if he wanted...well, here we are. 

Agreed. We were hearing big changes coming to the entire operation. And so far that has come true. Dan is axing people that have been here from basically the beginning with him. This has a very different feel to me then past reboots.

8 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Yhis is a funny joke but the answer is he wouldn’t deal with it because his players would never dream of doing it.  

Its a complete lack of respect thing.  

Players will respect Ron, and would never dream of doing this.

Also, if it did happen, dude played on the 1985 bears defense.  My guess is he’d level a skill position player who did it with furious anger, and perfect tackling technique.  

I agree with you, there's no way it would even be attempted. For ****s and giggles this is how I think Rivera would react to it. 

Rivera: "What the **** do you think you're ****ing doing?! Have some ****ing professionalism, you're on the bench until you pull your head out of your ass". 

Then I hope he would stop practice and explain to everyone that's not how a professional acts at his job. Then he says, If it happens again, I'll put your ass on the injury report for diarrhea. 

19 hours ago, mistertim said:

Wait, what about the Rooney rule?

Also, how do we have a HC before a GM?

I'm somewhat unenthusiastic about Rivera but I suppose it could be worse. I just hope he doesn't try to force us into a Tampa 2, because you need really specific personnel for that and I don't think we have it. Hopefully he'll work with what we have and build the defensive system accordingly. 

Ron  Rivera I believe is considered a minority thus covering the Rooney rule

Just because things can often go this way...

Below is the list of Panthers set to become free agents (the new league year begins March 18, 2020):

UNRESTRICTED FREE AGENTS

10 minutes ago, trap said:

Ron  Rivera I believe is considered a minority thus covering the Rooney rule

Do you believe Ron Rivera is considered a minority because, you know, he is a minority?   Or are blacks it for ya?

15 hours ago, A Skinhead in Saints Land said:

This right here is what I think is most important and why I’m 100% down with him being the head coach. He is going to show this organization how a football team is supposed to be ran. 

So he's going to do something Gibbs and Shanahan couldn't ?

1 hour ago, Art said:

I think this is unfair.   I do not think Norman played to his contract value, but for a couple years he was a pretty good player.   This year he seriously tailed off.  But here is why we should appreciate him.   When this year went under and he was basically thrown under the bus by Manusky, he didn't come back at it hard.   He didn't become a problem child.   Manusky has people rumbling against him on that side of the ball all the time, especially in private.   But Normal gracefully handled his situation and never made it blow.   He deserves some respect for that.   I do not see him returning, but, if Rivera wants him to, and he wants to, you have to be ok with it because he never was an ass while here.

We're supposed to be thankful that Norman didn't act like a spolied brat when he was benched for getting torched every 6th snap?

Norman has pocketed a tonne of money and played like a JAG in DC. This year like an incredibly bad JAG.

He was never an ass whilst here? OK, how about the time he risked his damn career jumping over a bull?

6 minutes ago, Mooka said:

Yea, stop drinking those suckers for breakfast and get some OJ in your life.

I'll be honest, I'm pretty sure hanging out with OJ ain't going to do much for your life expectancy

5 minutes ago, UKskins said:

We're supposed to be thankful that Norman didn't act like a spolied brat when he was benched for getting torched every 6th snap?

Norman has pocketed a tonne of money and played like a JAG in DC. This year like an incredibly bad JAG.

He was never an ass whilst here? OK, how about the time he risked his damn career jumping over a bull?

I see you are a fella who thinks he should orchestrate the lives of players such that they act at all times by a list of approved items.   I watched Norman jump over a bull and at no point did he seem at any risk.   I hear Norman also drives a car and, thus, puts his career and life in jeopardy constantly because people get in accidents.   Obviously it's good he's the only guy who would take such risks.   Oh, uh, nevermind.

Yes, I think he deserves GREAT credit for not hammering at an incompetent defensive coordinator when that coordinator was throwing him under the bus.   I still like DJ and appreciate his willingness to tell the truth we all knew about the organization but doing it how he did in that venue is what a team can't live with.   Norman handled his situation professionally and with grace.   Period.   It's ok not to like his level of play and still thank him for doing something right.   

7 minutes ago, Art said:

I see you are a fella who thinks he should orchestrate the lives of players such that they act at all times by a list of approved items.   I watched Norman jump over a bull and at no point did he seem at any risk.   I hear Norman also drives a car and, thus, puts his career and life in jeopardy constantly because people get in accidents.   Obviously it's good hes' the only guy who would take such risks.   Oh, uh, nevermind.

Yes, I think he deserves GREAT credit for not hammering at an incompetent defensive coordinator when that coordinator was throwing him under the bus.   I still like DJ and appreciate his willingness to tell the truth we all knew about the organization but doing it how he did in that venue is what a team can't live with.   Norman handle his situation professionally and with grace.   Period.   It's ok not to like his level of play and still thank him for doing something right.   

Norman is on a huge contract. If he's cut due to bashing the organisation publically, I'm pretty sure he loses that. Ain't nobody else paying him big money considering he's played like a scrub. What a martyr though, not having a tantrum for $16million per year. Sounds like a real tough gig.

Not at all in favour of orchestrating. We always hear what a short career window players have blah blah balh and I just think there's acceptable risk, and then there is choosing to jump over a ****ing bull. If you don't see a difference between driving a car and jumping over a bull, I don't know what to say. If he wants to do it so bad, do it 5 years down the line when he's retired. This year 13 people were gored by bulls during the "risk-free" bull run Josh participated in. Plus hundreds of injuries that were not related to gorings, but people getting trampled in the crush. Plus the fact the bull run is horrifically abusive to the animals - I'm from the UK and we don't really do hunting etc like you guys, so our views on animal rights tend to be slightly different to y'all, but its hard for anyone to justify participating in an event that comes from getting bulls angry by stabbing the **** out of them, so people can run away from them.

But yeah, dude is a stand up guy, playing like ****, pocketing 16mill a year to do it, and not throwing a tantrum (which would jeopardise his 16mill).

2 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Gotta give credit to Dan when credit is due.  He pulled the strings here.  

I've never been much of a Dan basher. The guy wants to win and he's given plenty of time and thrown a lot of money at it. I can't image him not being involved at all with his multibillion dollar baby, being such a huge fan himself. Maybe this is finally the turn and he gets it. Time will tell.

Archived