Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BR: Bruce Allen Reportedly to Be Fired as Redskins President of Football Operations

Reaper Skins

1 minute ago, ntotoro said:

it feels like a “Your fired/not fired, Brucie. Tee time is at 15:30. Wink, wink.”

I bet Bruce is on the west coast by Tuesday morning.

If it’s true Dan had a group of football people he was discussing the future with and that didn’t include Bruce, that’s an indication Bruce is truly out of favor.  

Just now, spjunkies said:

This is the most confusing organization on the planet. Why is firing a bum this bloody complicated? :(

Danny just wants to be wuvved and he already lost his racquetball buddy.

Otherwise, anyone else in any other office would be fired long ago for these levels of failure.

Until I hear he's been fired, nothing has changed IMO.

Even being 'stripped' of football operations doesn't cut it. Snyder knows good and well the fans despise Bruce Allen, and all this is, is a booty buddy rearrangement, kinda like when a guy divorces his wife but still lives under the roof, and then brings in a new g/f; someone pays the price ultimately, and one thing assured is it will be the fans paying the price.

I would say I can't believe this, but coming from this FO, I can; easily.  Snyder willing to walk up to the line but not cross it. He will pay the price for this manlove crush he has on Allen.

13 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I bet Bruce is on the west coast by Tuesday morning.

If it’s true Dan had a group of football people he was discussing the future with and that didn’t include Bruce, that’s an indication Bruce is truly out of favor.  

West coast of Australia isn't far away enough...

1 hour ago, cakmoney61 said:

If true, maybe Trent Williams will stay and make Snyder and Allen look exponentially smarter than those who criticized them for not trading Williams.

The smart move was trading him for the first round pick that was rumored. 

AS long as Bruce is still in the organization, he has Dan's ear. 

The GM drafts a player Dan didn't want.  Bruce will tell Dan, I would've drafted the player you wanted.  

Said player doesn't work out, you know Bruce will be whispering into Dan's ear; see the GM was wrong and must go.

What if the player Dan wanted becomes a star, Bruce will remind Dan of that.

Bruce still being here, he will slowly undermine the gm/coach and eventually that will led to that gm/coach's firing and Bruce regaining control.

12 minutes ago, Hooper said:

Louis Riddick is on record saying Haskins should sit all year and that Gruden might have ruined him by playing him against the G-Men.

The guy has been thirsty for a FO job forever and hasn’t gotten one for a reason.

I don't want him back at Redskins Park, not under any circumstances. I'm with you there, Hoss.

2 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Eh, maybe.  If he’s basically put out to pasture with a remote work assignment, that’s almost insulting. 

I kinda get the feeling that Dan just didn’t want to say he fires Bruce entirely so he’s been reassigned to Siberia, and then will fade into the background quietly.  

I agree. Are we really going to be that upset that Bruce Allen has been given the assignment of turning around Six Flags? I think he'd also make a great general manager at Johnny Rockets!!!

Archived