Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The QB Thread- Change is Name of the QB game

88Comrade2000

2020 saw alot of QBs move around.  That continued into 2021. It will continue into 2022 and maybe even 2023.

Original post below:

>>>>This offseason will be an interesting one for QBs.

Drees Brees is a free agent, I think. Do the Saints give him one final deal?

Tom Brady is a free agent, I think. Does he stay with the Pats or finish his career elsewhere?

Do the Panthers move on from Cam Newton?

Do the Chargers move on from Phil Rivers?

Is anyone stupid enough to give Eli Manning, one last ****?

How will Ben Rothlisburger recovery go?

Does Tampa keep J. Winston?

Marcus Mariota will be cut, career backup is all that’s left?

Ryan Tannehill appears to have new life in Tennessee.

Will be interesting this offseason.<<<

Edited by 88Comrade2000

Teddy Bridgewater and the Saints is pretty intriguing to me. He played very well for them when Bree's was out and should have a few teams interested. They could be looking at signing Bridgewater long term vs Brees short term. Doubt they can afford both. That would be a tough decision to make. 

If they were to let Brees walk he could sign with the Bucs or Panthers and make them a relevant contender for a couple years. That would be fun to follow. 

I can't see Brady leaving the Patriots. but him playing with the Raiders in their new Death Star-Stadium in Vegas would be entertaining. Or Brady could win a Superbowl with the Colts.. wait..what?

23 hours ago, SkinsFTW said:

Yeah, add in Trubiski, Brisett, Carr, Foles, Dalton. Mayfield, Cousins, and Goff are going to be interesting situations as well.

Bears may go after Cam Newton.

I think Colts will draft someone to compete with Brisett.

Jon will probably wants to move on from Carr but will he be able to?

Foles is only a backup. Everyone involved in that fiasco will be gone from Jacksonville.  Jacksonville may have to keep Foles one more year, due to that contract. 

Cincy is drafting Andy's replacement.

Mayfield?  He isn't going anywhere yet. Browns just need a head coach.

Cousins? I think the Vikings will want to get rid of him but his contract means he'll probably play his final year of his contract. 

Goff?  Stay tuned.

Edited by Rdskns2000

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

Chicago and Pittsburgh need to be aggressive in addressing QB. Both should go hard after Newton if he's healthy.

I think if Cam is available (which I think he will be), Pittsburgh would be the best fit IMO.  Tomlin is safe and they run a scheme that isn’t QB run heavy but does need a QB that can shift around when needed and some short runs.  And I think his personality will fit in well there.

I’d stay away from the Bears.  I don’t think they are an organization going on a great path.  They will have some success but not Lombardi worthy.  I’d bet the Steelers over the Bears going there.

On 12/25/2019 at 9:15 AM, Rdskns2000 said:

This offseason will be an interesting one for QBs.

Tom Brady is a free agent, I think. Does he stay with the Pats or finish his career elsewhere?

Will be interesting this offseason.

Imagine Brees moving to the Patriots, and Brady moving to the Saints (I hear Brady put his house up for sale).

Then Cam Newton is out, and Phillip Rivers goes back home to North Carolina to play for the Panthers.

Jameis Winston goes to San Diego, and Eli Manning to Tampa.

That would be an interesting QB carousel.

On 12/25/2019 at 6:15 AM, Rdskns2000 said:

This offseason will be an interesting one for QBs.

Will be interesting this offseason.

FYI - Marcus will be a Free Agent and will move on, so he will not be cut.  I think he will resurface in a better position for him to regain his confidence and form that he displayed during his 2016 season.  

Both Chicago and Pitt would be pretty good with Cam at QB. It would be fun to watch him and Lamar battle for the next several years.

Cleveland isn’t going to move on from Baker but they’d be in the playoffs with a better QB and they will have options available this Offseason

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001096139/article/sean-payton-says-drew-brees-will-be-back-in-2020

Sean Payton says Drew Brees will be back in 2020

"No, I see him on the field this upcoming season," Payton said.

Payton clarified that he believes Brees will return to the Saints and is likely to speak with his longtime QB on Monday.

At the least, it's a line that bodes well for the future as Saints fans and record books are concerned.

The NFL's career leader in touchdown passes and passing yards, Brees captained the Saints to another NFC South title this season before third-seeded New Orleans was upset by the sixth-seeded Vikings in the NFC Wild Card Round.

Brees, who turns 41 on Wednesday, led the NFL with a 74.3 completion percentage this past season and had 2,979 yards and 27 touchdown passes in 11 games (he missed five games with a thumb injury).

Set to make his 13th trip to the Pro Bowl, Brees won't be playing his last game or representing the Saints one final time in the annual all-star game if his coach's words hold true.

• 2 weeks later...

with the Dolphins liking Fitzpatrick and them probably drafting a QB like Tua early, could Josh Rosen be going to his third team in three years?  I would feel sorry for the guy ending up a bust without actually getting onto a team that either has some quality or is going to try to build something around him

On 1/21/2020 at 9:59 PM, carex said:

with the Dolphins liking Fitzpatrick and them probably drafting a QB like Tua early, could Josh Rosen be going to his third team in three years?  I would feel sorry for the guy ending up a bust without actually getting onto a team that either has some quality or is going to try to build something around him

I feel a little sorry for him, but with opportunities on both teams, he showed absolutely nothing to build on. Daniel Jones and Dwayne Haskins both showed flashes, as did many other young QBs this season, drafted or undrafted. Rosen got a change of scenery and did far less than even Ryan Fitzpatrick could. He'll never be a priority for anyone until he makes himself a priority.

• 2 weeks later...

credibility level unknown to me, but interesting 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/report-raiders-prepared-to-offer-tom-brady-two-year-dollar60-million-contract/ar-BB1015JO?li=BBnb7Kz

Report: Raiders prepared to offer Tom Brady two-year, $60 million contract

The Las Vegas Raiders have been rumored to be interested in  Tom Brady, and a report emerged indicating they may pay handsomely to land the future Hall of Fame quarterback.

Veteran NFL reporter Larry Fitzgerald Sr., the father of the Arizona Cardinals receiver, provided this interesting nugget on Friday:

Larry Fitzgerald Sr.@FitzBeatSr

I’m told Las Vegas is prepared to offer @TomBrady $60 million over 2 years.

10:35 AM - Feb 14, 2020

Twitter Ads info and privacy

836 people are talking about this

Now, $30 million a year isn’t exactly top dollar these days, and there are reports that $40 million a year could soon be reached for another top QB.

But there’s more than just a lot of money for Brady in Vegas, if he should choose to play for Jon Gruden and Co. We dove into some of that recently, and the gist of it is that it’s not unfathomable to envision Rob Gronkowski coming out of retirement to join Brady in Vegas for the 2020 campaign.

There’s a lot of smoke about Brady to the Raiders right now, regardless of anything Gronk may do. Given the team’s move to Vegas just happened and the Raiders would love to break in their shiny new stadium with a legendary season, we’re not ruling it out, to be sure.

16 hours ago, Jumbo said:

credibility level unknown to me, but interesting 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/report-raiders-prepared-to-offer-tom-brady-two-year-dollar60-million-contract/ar-BB1015JO?li=BBnb7Kz

Report: Raiders prepared to offer Tom Brady two-year, $60 million contract

Big mistake if that happens.  Father time has caught up to Brady.  He won't be able to beat the Chiefs. At best, maybe Raiders get a wild card berth.  Brady's play will decline further in 2020 wherever he plays.