Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What is a realistic trade offer for Trent Williams in a few months?

Skinsota

4 hours ago, FrFan said:

I think TW is making a mountain out of a mole hill. See anyone worth their weight in the medical field could look at something and say... bruh you need to go get that checked. But if it's small and is nothing but a mole most medical people would say ... looks like a mole but if you want to get it checked go get it checked. My point is Skin doctors take their job like it's heart surgery. Walk into an office and they start staring you over looking for $$$. Then they will tell you its life threatening if you don't get it taken care of with in the next few weeks. Unless he had part of his head removed and was put on chemo for numerous weeks it was most likely no big deal. TW simply is the 5th person in the top 5 and he wants to get paid more then them even though he is out of the game 1/3rd of the season. 

On 12/28/2019 at 10:21 PM, nonniey said:

If there isn't Trent will still retire as a Redskin.

How crazy is it that, if Trent comes back and leads us to the playoffs, we may have to thank Bruce for not trading him? Or did Dan overrule Bruce and refuse to trade him? Can't wait to hear about how this all plays out. 

Time heals all wounds, come back Trent. I, for one, will forgive you for some of the selfish behavior. Handle your business with the franchise, a lot of the fan base will certainly welcome you back

See the doc, get your sheet right and start playing for the burgundy and gold again

On 12/25/2019 at 6:17 PM, 50yrSKINSfan said:

If I owned the Redskins I would have a sit down with mr Trent and his agent and without mr Allen. In my mind I do not want to use a draft choice on a LT when I have a good one on my team. So much harder to build a team when guys quit on you when they have value left. I would tell him I want him to retire a Redskin, have his name on the circle and maybe get in the HOF as a skin. I would tell him life is too short to harbor hate for the things that are out of your control. I would find out what is really bugging him and I would offer to tear up his contract and write a new one for 2-3 more years. Funny how cash can fix a lot of past petty problems. We will have some cash by getting rid of Reed and Norman. Trent is good those other guys are not. Get Trent back and our O line looks better already. I do not want to keep wasting picks on guys who quit on us.

Came to this thread to say this........I TOTALLY agree.......

And to add, TW is a tough nasty dude, on and off the field. I dont know specifically how this would help Haskins, but I know he would benefit from TWs presence. Plus TW would be coming in fresh. If we were able to use the high pick we were gonna use on LT, on another position of need, that would be huge. Offer a sincere apology. Offer him an extension, nothin crazy, but something respectable that wont hinder us. If that's not good enough, **** it, trade him. But at least make a strong final attempt. 

I dont agree with the people hoping Trent is coming back now that Allen is gone. Trent has burned his bridge here, and now its time to move on. He is a great talent when healthy, but he is no longer someone that can be counted on for 16 games. A huge contract for a player that is banged up on the sidelines half the year is not worth it. Get some decent draft picks while we still can out of this aging player.

VRIEL1, with all due respect, YOU ARE NOT HELPING THE CAUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!🤫

IMO, getting Trent back is like recouping the Redskins' second-round pick since few to no one thought he would be back.  Odds are that they would get no higher than a third or fourth in a trade due to the circumstances.  Reconcile with this pro bowl LT now then draft Chase Young.  These two moves alone make the Redskins a much better team.

5 hours ago, skins2victory said:

I dont agree with the people hoping Trent is coming back now that Allen is gone. Trent has burned his bridge here, and now its time to move on. He is a great talent when healthy, but he is no longer someone that can be counted on for 16 games. A huge contract for a player that is banged up on the sidelines half the year is not worth it. Get some decent draft picks while we still can out of this aging player.

yeah.. dude needs to hit the road.

If I were the owner and this guy tried to bang more money out of me by pulling **** like this, his ass would be on the train out of town asap.

The dude has changed his story 3 times at least already now, and it seems like the real problem is what was speculated in the beginning of this fiasco.. MONEY.

Trent was butthurt his contract that HE SIGNED had no more guaranteed money, so he felt like he would be playing "for free" He was more than happy to sign that contract when he was getting all that guaranteed money, but as soon as that ended, he wants to act like, "what contract??"

**** trent. Get your ass out of town.

I know there are a lot of mixed sentiments regarding TW but I am only interested in what he can bring to the field at this point.  He has had a year off which if you ask me his body seemed to need.  He is going to be healthy.  We do not have a second round pick in this draft and there is no way we are going to pick up a LT as good as TW in any round in this particular draft. I am sure Danny has discussed Trent with Rivera who will definitely get him back in the fold if it is doable and I think it is.  Add an incentive or two to his contract and you have stabilized his emotions and the O line.  

And they have to go after Brandon Scherff and lock him down as well.  Pay him what he is worth.  A shift in coaching, with Brucie gone, it is going to help all the way around.  Without a stable O line in the league today you wind up with your QB hurt like Haskins did towards the end of the season after how many games?  Look at Indy?  They had one of the worst O lines and a very good QB is now out of the league in Andrew Luck.

And i get some posters who are pissed off at Trent but I doubt we know the whole story and I don't care. He has been a very good Redskins player for the most part until this incident.   People act all sorts of ways when they hear the "C" word.  I am willing to look at his whole body of work and the dislike everyone has for Bruce Allen because of how he conducts business and I fall more on his side.  I want him back.

At this point, idc what we do with TW, but he just can’t sit out another year. Come to an agreement and play or ship him out for hopefully a 2nd rounder.

i laugh at the browns for their stockpiling of playmakers while disregarding their OL, but i fear we may be only a year away from that. TW could be gone, penn is old, Moses is avg-at-best, and scherff could walk. Its not an unrealistic hypothetical. Not to go off on a tangent, I know many hold scherff in high regard, but in my eyes he’s not worth #1 G money. 

Fortunately at this time, we don’t have many glaring holes. TE and maybe CB are the only ones that jump out. We have to be locked into chase with the #2 pick so hopefully we find some OL gold in the mid-rounds.

1 minute ago, CTskin said:

TW could be gone, penn is old, Moses is avg-at-best, and scherff could walk. Its not an unrealistic hypothetical. Not to go off on a tangent, I know many hold scherff in high regard, but in my eyes he’s not worth #1 G money. 

I’m fine with cutting Moses. Any value he has is outweighed by the two penalties and two blown assignments a game. 

Willliams I am willing to forgive and welcome back.  Neither side was perfect but I can understand his concerns. 

Scherff is great but he has been injured and you don’t allocate that many resources to an OG unless you’re window is now. 

I would rather have three OL at $5 million a year than one at $15. 

52 minutes ago, Master Blaster said:

I’m fine with cutting Moses. Any value he has is outweighed by the two penalties and two blown assignments a game. 

Willliams I am willing to forgive and welcome back.  Neither side was perfect but I can understand his concerns. 

Scherff is great but he has been injured and you don’t allocate that many resources to an OG unless you’re window is now. 

I believe we have tried that philosophy and bombed

A bag of wet socks?  At this point take whatever is offered and move on with a player who wants to be here.  Williams was once a fine left tackle but what is he now?  I don't know.  Who knows what to expect from him given his; age, history of injuries and suspensions, plus his current holdout status.

How much will he commit and how much does he have to commit to his next team?  Even if his spirit is willing is his flesh sound?  I wouldn't expect too much of him if I was managing another team so I don't think the Skins should expect that much in compensation.  Trade him for whatever is offered, be done with it, and bring into the fold a young player who will welcome a chance to play for the Skins.

9 hours ago, skins2victory said:

I disagree, until I hear Dan say the bridge is burned I think Dan wants him back. I don't disagree about getting younger and picks for him but if he comes back I won't be upset. 

3 hours ago, skinsmania123 said:

And i get some posters who are pissed off at Trent but I doubt we know the whole story and I don't care. He has been a very good Redskins player for the most part until this incident.   People act all sorts of ways when they hear the "C" word.  I am willing to look at his whole body of work and the dislike everyone has for Bruce Allen because of how he conducts business and I fall more on his side.  I want him back.

I want Trent back. I would take a pick if this is undoable, but we aw Penn fall off in the end and we have no guarantees of a first or second rounder coming in and being able to play to the level that Trent can play. I would be concerned about his injury history so I'd probably invest in a T somewhere, but more of a hybrid tackle like Christian or somebody who can compete with Christian and Moses than making LT a need again. 

2 hours ago, Master Blaster said:

That's what you'll get then:

Shawn_Lauvao_2015.jpg

1 hour ago, Thinking Skins said:

I want Trent back. I would take a pick if this is undoable, but we aw Penn fall off in the end and we have no guarantees of a first or second rounder coming in and being able to play to the level that Trent can play. I would be concerned about his injury history so I'd probably invest in a T somewhere, but more of a hybrid tackle like Christian or somebody who can compete with Christian and Moses than making LT a need again. 

And I really think with a year off and good conditioning he is going to be fresh.  Haskins heavily recruiting him on twitter because lets face it, Haskins was taking a bit of beating back there.  It is hard to be a solid team in the fast paced NFL without a good O line.   We need him and we need sign Scherff.  Him and TW together will be fortify that line.  Then you get some younger talent to hopefully groom.

On 12/25/2019 at 12:05 AM, DCSaints_fan said:

No ones giving up a 1st for Trent Williams. He’s been out of football a year, is 32 , hasn’t played a full seasom

since 2013 and is on the last year of his contract.

That's 1 yr of healing with our recent history who says he makes it through the yr I agree a 1st isn't likely at this time but I'd love to regroup our 2nd

Tackle is no longer a young guys only position.  Several of the top tackles in the league these days are in their late 30s.   Andrew Whitworth is 39 he played 99 % of his teams snaps, Jason Peters is 38 and played 75%, Penn played 95% for us

Dorsey leaving Cleveland takes away a huge partner for TW in any trade. I believe Trent will stay here next season. Bruce will be right, Trent will play for us but Bruce left out the part that he won't be here to see it......and I LOVE it!!!!!!!

I also believe that the Dan wouldn't let Bruce deal Trent....that's why we weren't taking calls on him. 

8 hours ago, Master Blaster said:

If I were Rivera what I'd do is I would have private conversations with players on the team. If the team feels that Williams screwed them and hung them out to dry then I would trade or cut him. If they back him then I would be open to bring him back. At the same time, I'd listen to trade offers and if someone was willing to offer a Tunsilectomy worth of draft picks, I'd take the scoops of ice cream.

3 hours ago, carex said:

Tackle is no longer a young guys only position.  Several of the top tackles in the league these days are in their late 30s.   Andrew Whitworth is 39 he played 99 % of his teams snaps, Jason Peters is 38 and played 75%, Penn played 95% for us

Man... been screaming about this point, but you here the same old rhetoric about his age. Williams is a freak and will easily play into his mid 30s at a high level. He also hasn’t experienced any significant lower body injuries. 

1 hour ago, wit33 said:

Man... been screaming about this point, but you here the same old rhetoric about his age. Williams is a freak and will easily play into his mid 30s at a high level. He also hasn’t experienced any significant lower body injuries. 

I've flipped on trading Trent.  If they can't get a first for him, I am hoping to keep him.  I think there is a decent chance they go with Chase in the first and if so the next shot at a LT is the third round which isn't an easy round to find a good one.  FA doesn't look hot on the LT front either. 

Archived