Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What is a realistic trade offer for Trent Williams in a few months?

Skinsota

11 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

With the way the team has played the last few weeks, if we find a competent DC, grab Chase Young and manage to convince Trent to return, could this team be a fringe contender next year?

That will depend on Haskins growth, health of our players and the defense.  That being said, in the NFC East I think I'd answer yes to your question. 

19 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

I mean you could basically say that about every team.

Ha, ha....hardly. For one, most teams don't have rookie QB's who we don't know how good they will be. Also, there are only 4 teams in the NFC East. The injury part  I agree with, but Haskins will need to be good for the Skins to be contenders. And the defense needs to be vastly improved.

17 hours ago, PartyPosse said:

With the way the team has played the last few weeks, if we find a competent DC, grab Chase Young and manage to convince Trent to return, could this team be a fringe contender next year?

I would say yes, but, and its a huge BUT, it really depends on the development of Haskins and if we can get some immediate improvement on defense. 

On 12/28/2019 at 9:33 PM, tmandoug1 said:

If there is a new GM and head coach on Monday Trent will retire a Redskin......bank it.

I'd say both Trent and Scherff are heading for new deals at the Redskins.

Personally I would prefer that we trade Trent, but it may well be his trade value has diminished to the point his remaining value to us is greater.

I wouldn't keep Trent. I think he lied about the timeline around his tumor and he continues to not take responsibility for things in his life.

No idea on what his value is or what other teams think. I'm sure his comments and then the NFLPA backing off so quickly has made some suspicious.

Get the best pick you can for him and move on. I want guys who don't skip the offseason programs and mini-camps. Guys who want to be in Ashburn working out as much as the CBA allows.

54 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

I wouldn't keep Trent. I think he lied about the timeline around his tumor and he continues to not take responsibility for things in his life.

No idea on what his value is or what other teams think. I'm sure his comments and then the NFLPA backing off so quickly has made some suspicious.

Get the best pick you can for him and move on. I want guys who don't skip the offseason programs and mini-camps. Guys who want to be in Ashburn working out as much as the CBA allows.

Not sure we have that luxury.   If Penn retires we just don't have the bodies at Tackle.   Chase Young is our first pick.  If we use our 3rd round pick on a Tackle there is no guarantee you get a player ready and we were not able to use that pick on an OLB or CB.

5 minutes ago, philibusters said:

Not sure we have that luxury.   If Penn retires we just don't have the bodies at Tackle.   Chase Young is our first pick.  If we use our 3rd round pick on a Tackle there is no guarantee you get a player ready and we were not able to use that pick on an OLB or CB.

there's a few free agent LT's.  Older guys who would be stop gaps for a year mostly

4 minutes ago, philibusters said:

Even if they get everything right this offseason, it's not a quick fix. Letting Trent come and go whenever he pleases isn't fixing the culture issues there. There might be some tackles in FA like a Conklin. You might roll with Christian next year. Maybe you trade Trent to get another day 2 pick and use that for a rookie? https://walterfootball.com/draft2020OT.php

So now his issue was the business side. I thought before it was strictly medical?

Whatever, I'd trade him in a heartbeat. Good or not good, he's dead weight as far as I'm concerned. The team can lose double digits games with or without him as had been proven multiple times.

Let him walk, get a youngster in his place.. someone not makes Christian. That dude is a marshmallow.

Someone on the Junkies this morning, Hoffman maybe, said the relationship between Trent and Dan soured after he returned to the team.  Something along the lines of Dan seemed more focused on trying to get Trent to suit up again for the team and not focused on understanding what Trent went through.  they gave it a slim chance he plays again here.  

Everybody, except perhaps the owner, that Trent has a problem will most likely be gone.  I think if the day after Ron gets the job he reaches out to Trent he'll start at LT for the Redskins on opening day.  If Ron doesn't get a warm fuzzy, trade him for whatever you can get for him.  Like Trent says,  it's just business.

Archived