skins island connection

Redskins vs Cowboys Prediction Thread: 2019 Nightmare Season Finale'

Who wins?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. What triumphs, possible postseason play or pride?

• Redskins
    • Cowboys
    • All I want for XMas is Bruce Allen thrown into a dumpster
    • I've checked out long ago, i'm here for the beer

When: December 29th  3:00 p.m.

Where: The biggest whorehouse in Texas a.k.a. AT&T Stadium

This Sunday, the Washington Redskins finish their 2019 nightmare of a season playing against the Cowboys in Dallas.

The Cowboys lead the series 72-45-2, the Redskins are 1-4 in the last 5 games and 2-8 in the last 10 against Dallas.

The Cowboys offense is ranked 8th in points, 1st in yds, 2nd in passing and 8th in rushing.

The defense is ranked 11th in points allowed, 11th in yds, 11th in passing and 14th against the rush.

This past sunday, the Cowboys were stymied by a stubborn Eagles team and lost their chance to secure the NFC East division by a score of 17-9.

Nothing seemed to go their way, they simply were out-played by a desperate Eagles team who wasn't ready to give up.  In ways it was a sloppy game, lackluster, mostly a lot of jockeying for field position, but Carson Wentz made more plays than the Cowboys could.

Prescott went 25-44 for 265 yds, and RB Elliott only rushed for 47 yds in the losing effort, while Wentz went 31-40 for 319 yds and 1 TD, and RB Sanders, their newest toy, rushed for 79 yds and 1 TD. Wentz went away from Ertz and to their other TE Goedert, and that strategy seemed to work out pretty well for the Eagles.

The Redskins fell short against the Giants 41-35 in OT.

The giants jumped out to a big lead in the first half 28-14, and it appeared this would be an  early exit for the few Redskin die hards, but Case Keenum came in for an injured Haskins and brought the team back to tie the game late in the 4th, forcing OT, but alas the Giants took the ball and threw it at will into a depleted and defective defensive secondary and scored the winning TD in OT to end the game.

Haskins went 12-15 for 80 yds and 2 TDs and Keenum threw for 16-22 for 158 yds and 1 TD and ran a TD in.

The rushing attack was just not there, mostly because the Giants had taken the running game away by jumping out to a big lead.

Peterson and Thompson combined for only 70 yds on the ground, and Peterson did get a TD. Overall this game turned out to be one of the most entertaining games, albeit a battle between two 3-win teams, still was fun to watch { except for OT }.

Defensively, what can be said? Manusky was on the sidelines coloring in his book, as he is so lost in how to counter an opponent's strength or player. The secondary was picked apart like a cold piece of fried chicken.  Giant receivers were wide open all over the place, and often you would see 3 Redskin defenders surrounding 1 guy while another was cleaning off his shoes with no one around him for 15 yds. Whoever the coach is for the secondary should take up trampoline repair as a job because he is obviously clueless on how to coach players.

So, the old rivalry. Washington vs Dallas.  There might be some way that the Redskins could spoil the Cowboys' chances of postseason play { not enthused enough to look } but knowing the Redskins they would collapse like a WalMart tent. But maybe not!  The Redskins have always been a thorn in the Cowboys side when Dallas has a chance to make postseason, so with that in mind it could turn out to be a very interesting and fun game.

Look for Dallas to be keeping an eye on the Giants/Eagles score frequently, and playing accordingly. If they have a chance, and the Eagles fall to the Giants { which is a very strong possibility } the Cowboys will try to turn it up as much as they can. Its only a matter of pride now regarding the Redskins, and nothing would be better than to drive the final nail in their coffin for this season.

When the dust settles and the Brokeback Mountain DVDs are put away,

the Redskins pull off the improbable victory, to everyone's surprise.

Final score:

Redskins 33

Cowboys 30

First correct score prediction wins a new Redskins cap, beanie or golf towel.

And a special message for everyone. With Christmas right around the corner and New Year's Day next week, be especially careful on the roads, enjoy the time with family or friends, give your keys to someone else if you have too much, and really try to embrace the holiday season with a smile, because we all need you back here next season.

Good luck to all, and as always,  G  O    R  E  D  S  K  I  N  S  !  !  !

Edited by skins island connection
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Cowboys 28

Redskins 24

Eagles win convincingly, allowing us to enjoy one final moment of Jerry Jones Grimace Face this season.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, skins island connection said:

The Cowboys lead the series 72-45-2, the Redskins are 1-4 in the last 5 games and 2-8 in the last 10 against Dallas.

Neither team has made the NFCCG since the Cowboys appearance after the 1995 season (and subsequent victory in Super Bowl 30).

From 1996 on, Dallas is 33-14 (.702) in the series.

That is vomit inducing. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I HATE the Dallas Cowboys,  I mean I absolutely HATE everything about that entire organization from that weasel looking Jerry Jones to their their delusional fanbase. If Russia had a NFL team then I would without hesitation root for the Russians.  America's team my ass!!!! Who the hell came up with that by the way??? Yeah, I'm guilty for being in the tank for Chase camp, but it will be a COLD day in hell before I ever root for that god awful team.  So with that I say HTTR!!!! But sadly,  the chase for Chase will be safe 😢😢

Cowgirls 27

My battered beloved skins 14

P.S. 

If a male that doesn't live in the state of Texas says hes a cowboys fan,  then hes probably not a male. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Redskins with a chance to deprive Dallas of the playoffs. In Dallas.  ..... Anyone who doesn't want that just blows my mind as to what they truly get out of being a fan of this team?

Regardless, I sincerely hope, after the last two weeks heartbreakers, the HC and his young team get to end the season befitting of their efforts. 

Redskins 27 Cowboys 23.

Hail. 

• Thanks 1

I care more about maintaining the Choke for Chase mantra. Either way I don't see any of our secondary stopping Cooper. 30 to 17 Cowboys. See you next year Dak with our new QB killer.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Redskins with a chance to deprive Dallas of the playoffs. In Dallas.  ..... Anyone who doesn't want that just blows my mind as to what they truly get out of being a fan of this team?

I want Callahan's squad to continue the improved play they've shown for the past five weeks and if it results in a victory, I'm ok with that.

The Dallas angle is beyond irrevelant to me. Maybe if both teams were in contention, but they're not. See my post above. 33-14 over the past 24 seasons. That is domination on the level of what the Pats have inflicted on their divisional opponents...…...and the Cowboys ain't the NE Pats!

48 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Regardless, I sincerely hope, after the last two weeks heartbreakers, the HC and his young team get to end the season befitting of their efforts. 

Redskins 27 Cowboys 23.

Hail. 

Haha I made my prediction just before reading your post..thank you for saying something..I appreciate it..Go Redskins!!!

1 hour ago, skins island connection said:

Where: The biggest whorehouse in Texas a.k.a. AT&T Stadium

Defensively, what can be said? Manusky was on the sidelines coloring in his book, The secondary was picked apart like a cold piece of fried chicken.  Redskin defenders surrounding 1 guy while another was cleaning off his shoes with no one around him for 15 yds. Whoever the coach is for the secondary should take up trampoline repair as a job because he is obviously clueless on how to coach players.

but knowing the Redskins they would collapse like a WalMart tent. 

When the dust settles and the Brokeback Mountain DVDs are put away,

And a special message for everyone. With Christmas right around the corner and New Year's Day next week, be especially careful on the roads, enjoy the time with family or friends, give your keys to someone else if you have too much, and really try to embrace the holiday season with a smile, because we all need you back here next season.

Thank you for that special message..and as well for you fellow skins fan..all my friends and family are having family home for Christmas my best friend randy was surprised by his daughter showing up on the porch..it was awesome. Thank you again.

Your other **** cracks me the   up..good stuff lol..

2 hours ago, DazedSkinsfan said:

America's team my ass!!!! Who the hell came up with that by the way??? 

I always heard John Facenda of NFL films was the one who gave them the name and it  just stuck, kinda  like something else that always sticks to bathroom paper 

• Haha 2

Disregarding the draft position shenanigans...my ideal scenario would be that philly loses and we beat dallas just so we can give them another week 17 fail.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Redskins 27 Cowboys 23.

Hail. 

Gotta say, it would be a very Merry Christmas to see the Redskins shutting down the Cowboys in their stadium, just for the quick camera pans that point to Jerruh throwing **** in his suite, shooting the finger at Garrett then watching his skull split in half to reveal a creature from another planet.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, rumplestilskin said:

I care more about maintaining the Choke for Chase mantra. Either way I don't see any of our secondary stopping Cooper. 30 to 17 Cowboys. See you next year Dak with our new QB killer.

THE CowboyKiller!!!

I cant root for a loss... But I know the prize for one benefits the next decade of beating the cow****s- and that is more inportant. Even if they squeak into the playoffs, one and done is funny AF to see! 

*Thank you GB! Lollllz

• Like 1

With Haskins ruled out for this game, and the Eagles likely beating the Giants up and down the field at the same time, it means the Cowboys are going to be eliminated regardless of the outcome of this game.   

In season's past I would have said the pride in seeing the 'Skins beat the Cowboys was worth a possible lower draft pick, but those days are over.  The Cowboys have been a disappointing broken record all on their own by themselves.  At this point, losing to the 'Skins isn't going to change that really.  

At least if Haskins had been playing, and he turned in another very good performance and it led to an upset? Ok fine, but since he is not playing, the last thing I care to see is Case Keenum of all people, lead the time to a lower spot in the draft.

Cowboys 28

Redskins 17

It’s says good things about Haskins that I’m terribly disappointed by the news he isn’t playing.  His last two outings were exciting.  The sudden turn around in his play represent a reason for optimism, or at the very least an interesting development to track in a otherwise dreary season.  I’m sure I’ll still tune in though, I find it hard not to.  

before the game I will want the redskins to lose.  I want that 2nd overall pick more than this victory.  As soon as the game starts however, I will find it impossible to root for anything but a Redskins victory.  Sense will return after the final play.  Doublethink, is freeing. 

Redskins 17

Cowboys 31

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1