Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Should The Redskins Draft A QB?

Veryoldschool

Draft A QB With #1 Pick?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Should The Redskins Use Their Top Pick To Draft A QB?

• Yes, absolutely if they get a chance to draft the best 1 or 2 QBs they should.
    • No, absolutely not they should trade down for multiple picks because they have lots of needs and Haskins may work out.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/29/2019 at 04:36 AM

2 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

I would always looks to draft a QB, but we'll see how our board looks.  I gotta feeling Alex Smith will be on the roster next year to collect that money.  As he should.

The best thing about Haskins improvement, is simply the fact that I will be excited to watch him/Skins play next year.  I was more apathetic about this season than any one in recent memory.  What a dull, lifeless organization Dan has erected.  Merry Christmas.

Alex Smith collects his money if he’s on the roster or not. His salary next year is fully guaranteed.

16 hours ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

Did you really have to embarrass me in front of the whole family?!?  

(Just practicing for tomorrow.)

Get dogs. That’s good advice in general - but mine get very long walks on Christmas Day when I just have to get out of the house before I say something I really shouldn’t ...

I think the answer to backup qb is a UDFA or late rounder. It is the cheapest route to go and is a position of need. Alex Smith will never play football again but we are stuck in that regard. Case and colt need to go as they are not part of our long term future.

hopefully, unlike rg3, Haskins can embrace a team approach and any potential competition that comes with it. If he can’t, he probably won’t succeed here long term anyways.

14 hours ago, MartinC said:

I can understand how you would reply with that, however there was also the "continuity" aspect of my question. My thinking is, when you draft QB, the goal is always that he will be a force of continuity at the position, besides just the talent issue. I think you have to literally go decades beyond even 2012, to find a home-grown QB pick, that was both successful, as well as having solidified the position for at least a reasonable amount of time. I think the most we got out of either of the 2012 QB's was about 2 good years.

13 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I can understand how you would reply with that, however there was also the "continuity" aspect of my question. My thinking is, when you draft QB, the goal is always that he will be a force of continuity at the position, besides just the talent issue. I think you have to literally go decades beyond even 2012, to find a home-grown QB pick, that was both successful, as well as having solidified the position for at least a reasonable amount of time. I think the most we got out of either of the 2012 QB's was about 2 good years.

Yeah the one before that was 1986. So roughly every 25 years ...

Archived