Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Thieving Maras at Redskins


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, dyst said:

Nope it still does not make sense. This team, former players, and fans need to move on from the "glory years", which is almost 30+ years ago. Stop chasing ghosts and forge a new damn identity. 

You'll never identify me as a REDSKINS FAN to root for the ****ing cowpukes never ever ****ing regardless 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

You'll never identify me as a REDSKINS FAN to root for the ****ing cowpukes never ever ****ing regardless 

Fair enough. For me it is different. I want what is best for the Redskins. I am not worried about the Cowboys at all. It's all about this team and the best possible scenario for the Redskins. If I have to root for the Cowboys to get us into the playoffs or in this case yield a higher draft pick, them I'm all in. I know some people hate Dallas more than what is best for the Redskins and there is nothing wrong with that.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Dissident2 said:

 

Yes. It's going to take Bruce Allen gone, it's going to take a new coach, and it's going to take some great new talent like you can get with a #2 pick. 

 

It hurts to lose to a division rival, but this is EXACTLY what the team needed to make the three things above a lot more likely. The rookies and young guys played well. There's a lot to look forward to with the right additions and additions by subtractions. 

 

Winning this game meant NOTHING beyond a few good feels for the rest of the day. In fact, it would've hurt us. See above. I'm very happy with how this turned out. I feel very good about Haskins, I love our core of young players, and I want Allen GONE and Chase Young HERE. Big picture, baby!

 

I understand where your coming from. Losses will hopefully force Snyder to make changes.

 

Rooting against Redskins... even despite the circumstances..... I just can't do it man. No matter what. I watch the redskins hoping we win the game.  Even when the season is over by October, a victory still feels great and a loose still stings.

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

And you have been waiting for 20 plus years...and will continue to wait with Daniel at the helm....go ahead, I'll wait..

 

That has literally nothing to do with how a worthless win sets a team up better than the #2 overall pick.

 

So I guess you have no point.

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

 

I've said this on other threads.  I went to the game in Dallas at the end of the 2015 season where we beat them to end the season.  A Cowboy friend of mine told me afterwards he was relieved the Redskins won.  Who did we put in the Cowboys lap?  E. Elliot.  Dallas has been better than us ever since.

 

Yeah, but we'll cherish that victory just like Super Bowls XVII, XXII, and XXVI.  All equally important.  Don't you GET IT?!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Curious how the board is feeling about Daniel Jones this morning?  Is anyone changing their opinion of him?  I don't have an opinion either way... I just recall the kid receiving many less than favorable reviews leading up the the draft and jokes at the Giants expense when they moved up to get him.  But he did alright yesterday and 352 yds & 5 TD's is non too shabby with the clincher being the game winner. 

 

Aaaand, before you say "yeah but that was a bad defense he was playing against"... isn't that what a good quarterback is supposed to do to a bad defense? Rip it a new one?

 

He's definitely had an up and down year but to me it seems like the Giants have good reason to be optimistic about their rookie.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mike42 said:

 

I understand where your coming from. Losses will hopefully force Snyder to make changes.

 

Rooting against Redskins... even despite the circumstances..... I just can't do it man. No matter what. I watch the redskins hoping we win the game.  Even when the season is over by October, a victory still feels great and a loose still stings.

Hopefully, you will have to deal with the sting of one more loss.  It's for the best.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FuriousD said:

Curious how the board is feeling about Daniel Jones this morning?  Is anyone changing their opinion of him?  I don't have an opinion either way... I just recall the kid receiving many less than favorable reviews leading up the the draft and jokes at the Giants expense when they moved up to get him.  But he did alright yesterday and 352 yds & 5 TD's is non too shabby with the clincher being the game winner. 

 

Aaaand, before you say "yeah but that was a bad defense he was playing against"... isn't that what a good quarterback is supposed to do to a bad defense? Rip it a new one?

 

He's definitely had an up and down year but to me it seems like the Giants have good reason to be optimistic about their rookie.

That wasn't a bad defense, that was some kind of tenth stringers playing DB he faced... Sensabaugh, Colvin and Webster...

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

That wasn't a bad defense, that was some kind of tenth stringers playing DB he faced... Sensabaugh, Colvin and Webster...

Fair enough, but that doesn't take into consideration what's going on up at the line of scrimmage.  He still had to make reads and hit targets with defenders in his face....

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, FuriousD said:

Curious how the board is feeling about Daniel Jones this morning?  Is anyone changing their opinion of him?  I don't have an opinion either way... I just recall the kid receiving many less than favorable reviews leading up the the draft and jokes at the Giants expense when they moved up to get him.  But he did alright yesterday and 352 yds & 5 TD's is non too shabby with the clincher being the game winner. 

 

Aaaand, before you say "yeah but that was a bad defense he was playing against"... isn't that what a good quarterback is supposed to do to a bad defense? Rip it a new one?

 

He's definitely had an up and down year but to me it seems like the Giants have good reason to be optimistic about their rookie.

 

In all honesty i think people are overreacting, he was literally throwing against a secondary comprised of players who were not even in the league a week ago, a secondary that continues to have mass confusion.  He had the benefit of a tremendous running game and played against a defense that had obviously given up  I think he will be a pretty good QB over time, nothing more. And pretty good gives you Andy Daulton, Mathew Stafford, in other words a player who are just good enough to get you beat.  

Edited by Darrell Green Fan
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, mike42 said:

 

Even when the season is over by October, a victory still feels great and a loose still stings.

 

Not when you haven't watched a snap in 3-4 years. Try it out.

 

It's not like you can't imagine the dumpster fire without actually seeing it and roasting marshmallows on it. :rofl89:

17 hours ago, cakmoney61 said:

Hopefully, you will have to deal with the sting of one more loss.  It's for the best.

 

Bruce's 100th.

 

Dan needs to produce a trophy for his guy.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...