HoggLife

1st Home Game. Help Please.

On 12/17/2019 at 10:35 PM, Franklin60 said:

I've been to about 600 NFL games in my life (Eagles season tickets since the sixties/lots of road games too), and I gotta tell you...I've never seen a two year old at a game who didn't have a horrible time. It's cool for them for about the first fifteen minutes, but they're guaranteed to cry and complain and be miserable for the next three hours. Mom disappears for a minute to go get snacks, and then cries of "I want my mommy!" (I witnessed this very thing recently). On top of that, it's December, so they're bound to be cold too, which will only add to the misery.

I don't want to say you shouldn't bring your child, but you should prepare yourself for some unpleasantness.

I once flew with my 4 year old and 2 and a half year old..by my self...they were fine till we boarded the plane than took flight to have to return because of the smell of electrical burning...kinda scary..we had to unboard and wait for a different plane..when we got back in line to reboard my 2.5 year old was over it..she was in a stroller as my 4 year old was running me ragged...we're in line she's freaking out screaming and some douche says shut that kid up....does it bother you to see these kids at games act like this?

On 12/17/2019 at 11:51 AM, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I like to arrive 2 hours early so I can get good & drunk... the only way to cope with the pain of having to watch yet another Redskins game.

"2 hours early?"

Amateur!

On 12/17/2019 at 11:52 AM, HoggLife said:

Heck no I'm not joking. And we are gonna have a blast. I've looked forward to 3 things in life. Going to a Gordon Ramsay restaurant, going to s Skins home game and going to New York. I'm doing all 3 of those things for Christmas AND get to tailgate with fellow ESers. The last and only ES tailgate I went to was in San Diego and it was soooooo fun. I still talk about it till this day. I just got my Redzone parking pass. Excited to see you all out there. If you see an ugly dude walking around looking lost with an amazingly beautiful wife and adorable daughter then call me over cause that will be us :)

Lmao 

14 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

I once flew with my 4 year old and 2 and a half year old..by my self...they were fine till we boarded the plane than took flight to have to return because of the smell of electrical burning...kinda scary..we had to unboard and wait for a different plane..when we got back in line to reboard my 2.5 year old was over it..she was in a stroller as my 4 year old was running me ragged...we're in line she's freaking out screaming and some douche says shut that kid up....does it bother you to see these kids at games act like this?

Not bothered enough to disrupt my focus on the game. But I'll look over from time to time to notice the kid suffering (cries of "I want to go home!") and think to myself "Why did their parents subject them to this?" 

3 hours ago, Franklin60 said:

Not bothered enough to disrupt my focus on the game. But I'll look over from time to time to notice the kid suffering (cries of "I want to go home!") and think to myself "Why did their parents subject them to this?" 

Like I said shes been to many sports events and also we have flown on at least 15 planes to California and never once even cried a little. She loves crouds and makes friends with everyone around her. Sounds like you have problems with kids. Hope you dont have any or plan on any. It is good to bring children to experience things in life including sporting events.

Edited by HoggLife
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Gibbs828791 said:

Dont go!! Dont be part of the problem!

Your part of the problem..no one wants to hear this b.s when a man is trying to spend time with his family....jesus ****in gods what's the ****in difference between 600 fans and 605 fans?.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HoggLife said:

Like I said shes been to many sports events and also we have flown on at least 15 planes to California and never once even cried a little. She loves crouds and makes friends with everyone around her. Sounds like you have problems with kids. Hope you dont have any or plan on any. It is good to bring children to experience things in life including sporting events.

I wish you well. I hope you all have a wonderful time.

11 hours ago, HoggLife said:

HoggLife...good for you and your family.  Get out there and have a great time.  You obviously know your kid and what she enjoys.  Don't let ole ES meanies get you down.  

HTTR

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Hooterman said:

HoggLife...good for you and your family.  Get out there and have a great time.  You obviously know your kid and what she enjoys.  Don't let ole ES meanies get you down.  

HTTR

Thanks.  Ive been on ES for 12 years and I also an not scared of no wanna be internet tough guys.  My family and I will be headed that way tomorrow and we are more then excited to tailgate with anyone there and enjoy our first home game.  Im hoping to see one 40+ yard TD for Scary Terry. HTTR

7 hours ago, HoggLife said:

Thanks.  Ive been on ES for 12 years and I also an not scared of no wanna be internet tough guys.  My family and I will be headed that way tomorrow and we are more then excited to tailgate with anyone there and enjoy our first home game.  Im hoping to see one 40+ yard TD for Scary Terry. HTTR

We're looking forward to meeting you, and yours, and hope that you enjoy the tailgate and the game.  This will probably be one of the smaller parties, given the teams record and the time of year, but a good time will be had by all.  We always win the tailgate!   A few of us are breaking down a littler earlier than usual, to hold the flag on the field for the National Anthem & flyover, but it won't be crazy early.  We'll probably head in around 11:45, but our lot opens at 8:00am, so there's plenty of time to party.   

It's always a pleasure to meet fellow ES members.  i have the brown truck, (with the speaker and fire-pit), that's parked behind the yellow jeep that's flying the ES & Fan Captain flags. 

Hail!!   

Pictures of my 2 year old even during g the 4th quarter not crying or being a brat lol. She had a blast and was wearing a Haskins jersey. I also got engaged on the trip. We had a great time meeting everyone at the ES tailgate. Look forward to seeing you all again at future games.

20191222_163532.jpg

20191222_162131.jpg

20191223_202301.jpg