HoggLife

1st Home Game. Help Please.

Recommended Posts

I'm taking my wife and 2 year old daughter to all of our very 1st Redskins Home game. So excited to see Haskins and Jones go at it for the 1st time of what should be many games they play against each other. Since we are traveling I cant bring stuff to tailgate. Is there an ES tailgate that I can chip in for food? If so what parking lot should I buy a parking pass for? Thank you all and we are excited for this game!

Edited by HoggLife
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish I could help you out but I've only been to one game at FedEx and didn't tailgate. 

There should be plenty of people around here who can point you in the right direction. 

 

Based on what I've read lately about home team attendance my first thought is you may want to wear the opponents colors to prevent any chance of getting beat up by a mob.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You should probably send a PM to Huly or Pez.

 

It's been a few years since I've been able to get down there...but they at least used to run the Tailgate at FedEx. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah usually before each game there's a tailgate thread up..congrats hogglife... I appreciate your post..especially being a positive one...lord knows we need more of it around here...I hope yall enjoy yourselves!..if ya get a chance throw a tater on the field for me lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is pinned to the top of the Stadium. I am pretty sure they just have the wrong date. The Extreme Skins Tailgate info is pinned every week - just for adventurous souls like yourself. Updated with accurate link. 

 

I truly hope you enjoy the game. If you have the option i would suggest taking metro unless your kids are really young. It's about a 1 mile walk to the stadium. If not, not sure where the tailgate is but either way I would but an Orange parking pass and come in Central Avenue not Arena Drive. It will be much less crowded. 

 

 

Edited by goskins10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You should note that this will be an abbreviated tailgate, and no bar. A few of us core members are breaking it down early, to go inside for a Fan Captain activity. There should still be a decent amount of people and food.

@pez will be posting the ES tailgate thread soon.  As for a parking pass, get a Redzone pass.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ES Tailgate is in REDZONE lot.  When you drive in you want to head to the corner closest to the stadium as that is where we will be set up. 

A few of us will be going in early for a Fan Captain picture on the field but there will be other members there to help out.

Feel free to bring something you can carry or donate money to our charity. 

 

See ya Sunday,

Jackie

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I like to arrive 2 hours early so I can get good & drunk... the only way to cope with the pain of having to watch yet another Redskins game.

But on the flip side if it's a game like last week ya got a game to enjoy drunk...well 55 minutes of it any way lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

Yeah usually before each game there's a tailgate thread up..congrats hogglife... I appreciate your post..especially being a positive one...lord knows we need more of it around here...I hope yall enjoy yourselves!..if ya get a chance throw a tater on the field for me lol

Thank you very much. And my brother has a tater food truck so we support the taters bro.

output.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You are bringing a 2 year old to a divisional game in a 3-11 season?

 

I am not sure if this is a joke post or not.

 

You have some balls if you aren't joking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, purbeast said:

You are bringing a 2 year old to a divisional game in a 3-11 season?

 

I am not sure if this is a joke post or not.

 

You have some balls if you aren't joking.

Heck no I'm not joking. And we are gonna have a blast. I've looked forward to 3 things in life. Going to a Gordon Ramsay restaurant, going to s Skins home game and going to New York. I'm doing all 3 of those things for Christmas AND get to tailgate with fellow ESers. The last and only ES tailgate I went to was in San Diego and it was soooooo fun. I still talk about it till this day. I just got my Redzone parking pass. Excited to see you all out there. If you see an ugly dude walking around looking lost with an amazingly beautiful wife and adorable daughter then call me over cause that will be us :)

Edited by HoggLife
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tailgate thread is posted in Stadium Forum... Sorry... its been crazy couple of days...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, purbeast said:

You are bringing a 2 year old to a divisional game in a 3-11 season?

 

I am not sure if this is a joke post or not.

 

You have some balls if you aren't joking.

C'mon now..what kind of post is this?..I swear, some people....or wait is this a joke?...I'd absolutely love to make it out there for a game.. if someone came to me and said all inclusive I would do absolutely everything bending over backwards to go.. or if I even had the money I would put it up to go, yes to this coming up game against the Giants... I would have absolutely loved to seen that touchdown by Terry or that touchdown by Peterson or any other plays that happened, the strip sack recovery from defense.. lots of big plays out there I would have been ecstatic to be apart of cheering with what couple Redskins fans were there lol. Good for you Hogglife, I'm jealous.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, pez said:

Tailgate thread is posted in Stadium Forum... Sorry... its been crazy couple of days...

Thank you and we are excited to see you out there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, purbeast said:

You are bringing a 2 year old to a divisional game in a 3-11 season?

 

I am not sure if this is a joke post or not.

 

You have some balls if you aren't joking.

....? What’s wrong with wanting to bring a 2 year old to a redskins game? So what if both teams are 3-11? I doubt the guy will put him or his daughter in any danger at the game. And if they’re fans of the team, why not celebrate the holiday season by seeing a game?  

 

Doesn’t have to take “balls” to decide to do that 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

....? What’s wrong with wanting to bring a 2 year old to a redskins game? So what if both teams are 3-11? I doubt the guy will put him or his daughter in any danger at the game. And if they’re fans of the team, why not celebrate the holiday season by seeing a game?  

 

Doesn’t have to take “balls” to decide to do that 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

It’s about the atmosphere created by swarms of drunk Giants fans cursing and generally being repugnant around your child.  I assume that’s what he meant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, HoggLife said:

Heck no I'm not joking. And we are gonna have a blast. I've looked forward to 3 things in life. Going to a Gordon Ramsay restaurant, going to s Skins home game and going to New York. I'm doing all 3 of those things for Christmas AND get to tailgate with fellow ESers. The last and only ES tailgate I went to was in San Diego and it was soooooo fun. I still talk about it till this day. I just got my Redzone parking pass. Excited to see you all out there. If you see an ugly dude walking around looking lost with an amazingly beautiful wife and adorable daughter then call me over cause that will be us :)

Bro you inspire me to be a better fan 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

It’s about the atmosphere created by swarms of drunk Giants fans cursing and generally being repugnant around your child.  I assume that’s what he meant.

And if he’s a good parent he’ll find a way to not let that have a negative affect on the daughter or their time at the game 🤷🏻‍♂️ Going to a game with a child isn’t as big a deal as most fans make it out to be. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, max21 said:

I’m about to go to the game wearing every piece of redskins gear I own 

Have a great time, I  took my daughter earlier this season, we go every year and it's a chance for me to spend a day with her, she likes to go to the endzone and try to get on the TV by standing behind the CSN post game crew 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've never been stateside so unable to help with logistics - but just to say that the ES tailgate is definitely the place to be - Rick, Pez, Huly and Jackie were all over for the UK game at Wembley a few years ago, and are absolutely some of the greatest people you're likely to meet.

 

We're yet to make any firm decision on where we go for a holiday next year - I'm going to see if I can push an October/Christmas trip to DC to see the sights and some Redskin football, along with these amazing folks (pending the football schedule working out as I don't have any flexibility on vacation dates as I'm a teacher!).

Edited by UKskins
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been to about 600 NFL games in my life (Eagles season tickets since the sixties/lots of road games too), and I gotta tell you...I've never seen a two year old at a game who didn't have a horrible time. It's cool for them for about the first fifteen minutes, but they're guaranteed to cry and complain and be miserable for the next three hours. Mom disappears for a minute to go get snacks, and then cries of "I want my mommy!" (I witnessed this very thing recently). On top of that, it's December, so they're bound to be cold too, which will only add to the misery.

 

I don't want to say you shouldn't bring your child, but you should prepare yourself for some unpleasantness.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Franklin60 said:

I've been to about 600 NFL games in my life (Eagles season tickets since the sixties/lots of road games too), and I gotta tell you...I've never seen a two year old at a game who didn't have a horrible time. It's cool for them for about the first fifteen minutes, but they're guaranteed to cry and complain and be miserable for the next three hours. Mom disappears for a minute to go get snacks, and then cries of "I want my mommy!" (I witnessed this very thing recently). On top of that, it's December, so they're bound to be cold too, which will only add to the misery.

 

I don't want to say you shouldn't bring your child, but you should prepare yourself for some unpleasantness.

It might be my daughters first football game but been to plenty of sporting events and not once did she act up or cry. She loves being around people and crowds and she watches football games with me every sunday. And she has her own seat not sitting in our laps.

Edited by HoggLife

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.