Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins vs Giants Prediction Thread: 2019 " Home" Game Finale'

skins island connection

Who wins?   

39 members have voted

1. 1. Maybe the question should be, who WANTS to win ?

• Redskins
    • Giants
    • I'll be hittin' the egg nog at breakfast
    • A very possible tie ?

After reading that article by Steve Serby, it is official.  A Giant tank job is coming!!!  The Redskins need to somehow out-tank them or tank outside the box to pull this off.

But you know what?  I realized I'm incapable of rooting against the Redskins, so I will watch the game and root for them.  So if they win, I win.  And if they lose, I win.  The only way I can't enjoy watching is if both teams play like the Three Stooges.  For entertainment value, I would take another game similar to last week's...win or lose.

So I've got a few questions more than predictions. 

This is probably just me being selfish but what can I say.

- Will Haskins repeat his performance? 

- How much will we see of the young guys we've signed: In particular Josh Ferguson, Caleb Wilson, ?Emanuel Hall? Those are the guys I'm interested in on offense because I think they could both give me some hope heading into next year as well as be helpful to Haskins and his development.

WIlson is a guy who I wanted in the draft thinking he'd be a good receiving TE to develop but maybe not much of a blocker. I'm not sure how much action he'll see because of this and Callihan's desire to run the ball as well as how new he is to the team. 

Emanuel Hall is on the practice squad so its unlikely but he can still get promoted on gameday. Its unlikely but I liked him as well in the draft and he's another guy with size and speed. 

Josh Ferguson is the guy most likely to see some time, but the question is how much. Thompson said he was a good receiving back and we saw some explosion on one of his runs last week so I have some hope. 

- On defense I'm intrigued with Colty Sensabaugh and Kayvon Webster. They've got 4.3 and 4.4 speed respectively. That's not saying much as far as football skills but at minimum they're not going to get burned on a go route. They were mid round picks so that means they have some skills and could do something. I'm not saying that I have much hope in them but I love seeing young players get opportunities. 

- Who will emerge from Sweat, Anderson, Odom and Orchid? We've seen sweat have big games, then Odom and Orchid and then Anderson. So who's next? 

- How will Wes Martin do against Leonard Williams and the Giants DL? 

@Thinking Skins I’m glad you mentioned Emmanuel Hall - I hadn’t realized we signed him.  I was a big fan when he came out - blazing fast and very good in the open field.  If he’s afforded time to develop his route running and improves his hands from College (do some work with Terry young man!), he could be a pretty special player.  Much like Ferguson, if he emerges, it takes some pressure off our need to draft the position.  

This game could have significance in the NFC East for the next 10 years or more given that the loser is in prime position to draft Chase Young. If we can lose this game, get Chase Young, a new head coach and a new GM it will be the greatest off-season in team history. 

That being said:

Skins   26

Giants  24

Please, please, PLEASE lose out, for the love of all things holy. Last week was the perfect scenario. Two more times is all I ask. Get blown out again, too, I don't care. Just get those L's. 

Btw, how insane was last week? The first time I can ever remember where Redskins fans (many of them) wanted the team to lose and Cowboys fans wanted us to win. What a world. Thanks, Dan!

On 12/17/2019 at 7:01 PM, bakedtater1 said:

I do hope to god eli plays...

Itll be like playing the lottery..

We'll either sack the **** out of him pick him off force fumbles or he'll carve us up throwing multiple td's..

I will not place my self with the crowd that wants to send eli off a big wiener in his last game at fed ex!

When it comes to the 5th pick or 2nd pick in next years draft, I would definitely send Eli off a winner.  We will be facing Jones though.  Skins cannot win this game or we will be facing Chase 2 times a year for years to come by gift wrapping the 2nd pick to the Giants. Even Miami and Detroit jump in front of us.  

First game, I feel conflicted about. I always prefer the Redskins to win, not to mention I want to see Haskins continue to progress, and the Giants have had our number for a while, plus F Mara... but still, I can't help thinking a loss (like last week's would do us better.

12 minutes ago, Burgold said:

First game, I feel conflicted about. I always prefer the Redskins to win, not to mention I want to see Haskins continue to progress, and the Giants have had our number for a while, plus F Mara... but still, I can't help thinking a loss (like last week's would do us better.

With quite a few of us, I believe this is the situation.  We want them to win, but we need them to lose.  Losing would be way more beneficial to long-term overall success and it will go a long way towards beating the Giants more frequently in the very near future.

2 hours ago, Burgold said:

If you really want to "F Mara", you won't want them picking ahead of us in the draft, and you DEFINITELY won't want them getting Chase Young. 

This year no longer matters. Only the future matters. 

The Giants WR's should eat our secondary up today. It's almost like we purposely are deactivating guys in the secondary just to let them do just that. We may see names back there today that last played football in high school. I wouldn't be surprised if Daniel Jones has a big, big day. 

On ‎12‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 3:20 PM, skins island connection said:

UPDATE::

Saquon Barkley will be a non factor.

He has officially joined the Campbell's Soup Syndrome by being in their commercial.

Therefore, he will fumble at least 2 times, and quite possibly run for under 50 yds.

CSS is real, folks...

HA !!  I TOLD YOU GUYS!!        :silly:

He didn't even complete a single pass!    Now, where did I put my gallon of egg nog & rum ?

Archived