Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins vs Giants Prediction Thread: 2019 " Home" Game Finale'

skins island connection

Who wins?   

39 members have voted

1. 1. Maybe the question should be, who WANTS to win ?

• Redskins
    • Giants
    • I'll be hittin' the egg nog at breakfast
    • A very possible tie ?

On 12/17/2019 at 9:18 AM, ILikeBilly said:

23 - 20 giants win game.  We win second pick in draft.

This is the real goal here. Miami plays Cincy, and should beat them. If we lose to the gnats, we basically lock up the #2 pick going into Dallas the last week, who will be playing balls out to win the division.

This team better not screw it up by winning a meaningless game. Draft positioning is more important to me at this stage.

1 hour ago, thebluefood said:

By all rights, this should be a farce of a game and an insult to sports and the entertainment industry as a whole.

So I'm predicting a thriller: 34-31, 'Skins. 

56-54. Game is tied 35-35 going into overtime. A series of improbable events happen and Giants win by a last second Skins INT turned safety.

6 minutes ago, Bigmuss1 said:

Saquon will go crazy, he loves playing in DC, I know this will happen because I’m playing against him in my FF final.

giants (saquon) - 28

skins - 17 

I hope so.  But I suspect this game we will walk Chase Young right to the Giants locker room in 2020.   Daniel you can do it!

Seem to me that Eli has always had the Skins number. Our run D is not very good.  Eli has also made it clear he wants to play next year so I am thinking the "good" Eli shows up here and Barkley with a fairly quiet season plays well, has a big game and they win. 

24 - Giants

21 - Skins

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I hope so.  But I suspect this game we will walk Chase Young right to the Giants locker room in 2020.   Daniel you can do it!

**** I thought Eli was playing.  If Daniel Jones plays the Skins lose the Chase Young sweepstakes.   I wanted Eli to play.

4 minutes ago, skinsmania123 said:

Seem to me that Eli has always had the Skins number. Our run D is not very good.  Eli has also made it clear he wants to play next year so I am thinking the "good" Eli shows up here and Barkley with a fairly quiet season plays well, has a big game and they win. 

24 - Giants

21 - Skins

**** I thought Eli was playing.  If Daniel Jones plays the Skins lose the Chase Young sweepstakes.   I wanted Eli to play.

I have been going back and forth on that point.  I've watched most of the Giants games.  Jones might be more dangerous to our defense because of his mobility and pocket movement.  I am not a big Jones guy, I slaughtered him in the draft thread last off season.  But he's been better than I expected albeit far from great.

Eli is a statue back there.  Though Eli can be a gamer at times.  Jones is feisty in the pocket.  I frankly don't have a lot of faith in either QB but they might have a better shot with Jones. 

1 hour ago, skinsmania123 said:

24 - Giants

21 - Skins

Yeah i see it opposite..if eli plays we stand a better chance to avoid our chance      at        Chase?...who's already stated something about going back to college and he sees the skins there and he definitely decides to go back..he wants the hiesemn trophy thinks he can beat out that other dude next year. Daniel Jones plays we lose.

1 minute ago, bakedtater1 said:

Yeah i see it opposite..if eli plays we stand a better chance to avoid our chance      at        Chase?...who's already stated something about going back to college and he sees the skins there and he definitely decides to go back..he wants the hiesemn trophy thinks he can beat out that other dude next year. Daniel Jones plays we lose.

Manning has more wins at the Redskins' expense than any other team in the NFL that he has played.  I believe it is 18-9 or 20-9.   So I really don't agree.  I don't think Chase is going back to college but it was the right thing to say because he is staying focused.on the bowl game coming up.  I guess we will see.   That is a lot of money to leave on the table when you can always finish your degree during the off season, and why risk an injury at the college level.  

28 minutes ago, skinsmania123 said:

Manning has more wins at the Redskins' expense than any other team in the NFL that he has played.  I believe it is 18-9 or 20-9.   So I really don't agree.  I don't think Chase is going back to college but it was the right thing to say because he is staying focused.on the bowl game coming up.  I guess we will see.   That is a lot of money to leave on the table when you can always finish your degree during the off season, and why risk an injury at the college level.  

Oh ****...yeah..wow eli does own the skins..that's a crazy stat..thanks for sharing...well...I sure as hell do love when our defense gets to him and tares him up...hehe hes fun to watch go down...speaking of fun...damn, I miss the look alike thread lol

16 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Oh ****...yeah..wow eli does own the skins..that's a crazy stat..thanks for sharing...well...I sure as hell do love when our defense gets to him and tares him up...hehe hes fun to watch go down...speaking of fun...damn, I miss the look alike thread lol

Here is why I know so much about the Giants.  My father while he was alive was HUGE Giants fan.  And he was a helluva father, so my brother and I, who is a diehard Redskins fan like me, would actually fly down to Florida and we would both sit with him during the SB's with little baby boy Manning at the helm and root for his ass just to see the excitement in my father' s face.  Sooooo talk about family loyalty trumping fandom.  Just for a few hours mind you.  

There is always a question of want versus need this time of year. Of course the Giants want to win Sunday at Washington. But do they need to win?

For those hyperventilating about the 2020 draft order, winning might screw up the chance of getting pass-rusher Chase Young, and that is a bad deal. Squeezing out another win or two could be imperative for Pat Shurmur and his coaching staff, as far as saving their jobs.

Then there is Daniel Jones. His desire is to go out and beat the Redskins, but the stakes are higher than that. He needs to close out his rookie year starting and winning another game. He has just two more shots at it.

“It would just really help with next year, on how he feels next year and get him some momentum going into next season, knowing that he knows how to win games,’’ receiver Sterling Shepard told The Post. “I think that would be good for his mentality. It would be good for all of us, for sure, as a team, but especially for him, coming out of his rookie season and just being more comfortable next season.’’

The Eli Manning feel-good farewell festivities have come and gone, and Giants World is now back on its axis. Jones was a full participant in practice on Wednesday and says he “feels good’’ and is “progressing well.’’

A high ankle sprain caused him to miss two games, but now he is back. He took the bulk of the reps with the starting offense, and when it came time for the starting quarterback for the week to stand in front of his locker and speak with the media, Jones was there and Manning was nowhere to be seen.

https://nypost.com/2019/12/18/giants-rookie-daniel-jones-could-use-some-season-ending-wins/

What Giants are saying about awkward Chase Young tank race

December 19, 2019 | 10:41pm

Meet the 3-11 Giants.

They finally won a damn game and now have to listen to many of their fans root for them to lose to the Redskins on Sunday at FedEx Field.

Just so the Giants can win the second-overall pick of the NFL draft on Chase Young, tank you very much.

Sorry, Giants fans. Your team isn’t interested in Just Lose, Baby.

The 3-13 Giants lost enough in 2017, remember, to draft Saquon Barkley with that precious second overall pick.

“[Young is] a heckuva player, and obviously not only Giants fans but any fans of any team that’s not doing that well this season, would love to have a player like that,” Barkley told The Post.

“But I don’t think anyone’s mindset in this locker room or this team is to go out there and lose these last two games.”

Barkley entered the NFL with bright-eyed visions of bringing the Giants back to glory. He is 8-22, same as coach Pat Shurmur and general manager Dave Gettleman.

“It sucks, I guess you could say it’s stressful because of all the hard work that we put in,” Barkley said. “I have a positive mindset, that’s the type of person I am, so I just try to find the positivity in all the negative things. If anything, it’s probably molding me into being a better player.”

Barkley may have been touched by the hand of God, but that didn’t make him immune to the high ankle sprain that played tricks on his mind and compelled him to subconsciously protect it when he returned from the injury. You just don’t show up as a physical freak and withstand the rigors of such a violent sport.

“It’s a lot of wear and tear on your body, but you also put a lot of time, money into keeping your body up to par,” he said. “It’s not easy, but it’s what you sign up for, it’s what you love to do.”

Sterling Shepard, who welcomed his second daughter on Tuesday, has endured two concussions this season.

“If you were here to see how we have to prepare, and some of the stress we put our bodies through throughout the week, mentally and physically, then I’m sure your mind will quickly change on going out and playing a game to lose,” Shepard told The Post.

“We’re never gonna play to lose.”

https://nypost.com/2019/12/19/what-giants-are-saying-about-awkward-chase-young-tank-race/

Archived