TK

Game Day Thread -Eagles at Redskins

6 minutes ago, Cantankerous said:

When using the Eagles D as a barometer of some growth - it might not be a wise decision to use it as such.  Horrible. Just horrible D 

Where does this idea that the Eagles defense is absolutely terrible come from?

They're #3 in rushing yards allowed per game, #10 in overall yards allowed per game, and #17 in passing yards allowed per game. Their pass D isn't good but it's not at the bottom of the league. 

And you also have to actually watch the QB as well as just measure against how good the D he's playing against is when looking for growth. Is he making the right reads? Are his passes accurate? Is he going through progressions? Does he look confident and in control? Is he throwing with anticipation? Do his mechanics look ok? There's a lot more that goes into evaluating QB growth than "meh, the defense he played wasn't that good". That's straight up lazy.

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Warhead36 said:

I love how you use kirkism.

Kirk is a top 5-10 QB in the league this year. He's been in the top 10 for a couple years now.

One can only hope Haskins develops some "kirkisms".

Like I said, hurt feelings lol. But I'd hope for more than developing to the point of making funny mistakes. I'd hope for a hall of fame career.

Just now, Vanguard said:

Sigh.  Yea, would have been nice to win it though.  ☹️

In some respects, the best outcome was exactly what happened. We get the great game, show we can win/compete, but keep the draft slot.

I hear ya though. I would have taken the W just to mess with Eagles' playoff chances.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, NickyJ said:

Like I said, hurt feelings lol. But I'd hope for more than developing to the point of making funny mistakes. I'd hope for a hall of fame career.

I have no hurt feelings. You're agonizing over one play when the game was over, then claiming "lol your feelings are just hurt" when people call you out for your absurd take.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I love how you use kirkism.

Kirk is a top 5-10 QB in the league this year. He's been in the top 10 for a couple years now.

One can only hope Haskins develops some "kirkisms".

Eh. I'd rather Haskins not develop the proclivity to lay eggs in the most important games. He has enough other things to develop first.  :ols:

• Like 2

Just now, mistertim said:

Eh. I'd rather Haskins not develop the proclivity to lay eggs in the most important games. He has enough other things to develop first.  :ols:

We'll never even play important games at the rate Haskins is developing. We'd be lucky if he even got to the same universe as Cousins right now.

Norman played a total of what? 5 plays?

And still managed to cost us!

All in all, offense played well, Haskins looked really good, defense showed we have some good players, and our draft position stayed strong and I was entertained for 3 hours 

As an Eagles fan (who often comes down for games against Washington but didn't today), I have to say that I'm especially thankful that the Redskins let the clock run when the Eagles were inside the ten yard line with about a minute and a half left in the game. I were a Skins fan, I'd be really ticked off at that. The Eagles are either going to score or they're not. If not, you can (most likely) run out the clock anyway. If they do (which is what happened), you'll at least have time left to try for a winning touchdown. As it turned out, the Skins get the ball with only eighteen seconds left. (And as an Eagles fan, I was especially annoyed that they willingly gave the Skins about fifteen free yards on first down, enabling them to get into Hail Mary territory.)

• Confused 1

37 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

I call them as I see them. He had a fine game before, but that doesn't stop me from finding the humor in our QBs still experiencing Kirk-isms.

There was very clearly 2 seconds left on the clock when he was going to the ground. I'd pay money to see Haskins do a hail mary. Looks looks like I'll have to wait for next week.

Easy to notice all that from the couch. 

8 minutes ago, max21 said:

I just hope Urban Meyer saw enough to come over and coach

He did saw enough 🤮and off to Dallas

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Berggy9598 said:

Easy to notice all that from the couch. 

Apparently it isn't that easy, since so many people got bent out of shape at the first mention of it lol

For reference:

12 minutes ago, mistertim said:

They're #3 in rushing yards allowed per game, #10 in overall yards allowed per game, and #17 in passing yards allowed per game. Their pass D isn't good but it's not at the bottom of the league

I watched Eli torch th for a half last week. 

Ergo they suck 

2 minutes ago, FrFan said:

He did saw enough 🤮and off to Dallas

I dunno. Maybe he did see enough flashes to tell Dan that he might take the job if Bruce is gone. He's one of the guys who would likely have the clout to say it and possibly have it taken seriously. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, max21 said:

I just hope Urban Meyer saw enough to come over and coach

Meyer:  "Get me the #2 pick in the draft and you have yourself a new head coach...for $25M a year."

2 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Apparently it isn't that easy, since so many people got bent out of shape at the first mention of it lol

For reference:

Wow. Apparently, this is a hill you want to die on. Let it go.

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Most don't man. The overall football IQ of this fan base has plummeted recently. These are the same people who chased out a top 10(this year top 5)QB in Cousins for not being Tom Brady.

To be fair, the idiot who didn’t sign Kirk was Bruce.  Had nothing to do with the fans running him off.

Just now, Burgold said:

Wow. Apparently, this is a hill you want to die on. Let it go.

35 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

I'm not dying on a hill about how whether it lost the game, I'm dying from laughing at a bad choice at the end of a lost game.

So much talk about death when it comes to making Kirk mistakes lol. Y'all need to get into the Christmas spirit and find something fun to enjoy lol

Disclaimer: Nobody died in the making of this post.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Where does this idea that the Eagles defense is absolutely terrible come from?

They're #3 in rushing yards allowed per game, #10 in overall yards allowed per game, and #17 in passing yards allowed per game. Their pass D isn't good but it's not at the bottom of the league. 

And you also have to actually watch the QB as well as just measure against how good the D he's playing against is when looking for growth. Is he making the right reads? Are his passes accurate? Is he going through progressions? Does he look confident and in control? Is he throwing with anticipation? Do his mechanics look ok? There's a lot more that goes into evaluating QB growth than "meh, the defense he played wasn't that good". That's straight up lazy.

Eagles D have only allowed over 17 pts once since week 8.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, NickyJ said:

So much talk about death when it comes to making Kirk mistakes lol. Y'all need to get into the Christmas spirit and find something fun to enjoy lol

Disclaimer: Nobody died in the making of this post.

As long as we're not talking about "dying" in the Elizabethan/Shakespearean sense, then we're good here, I think.    :ols:

50 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

You didn't read a word of my post. The referee wouldn't have to sprint to Callahan, because Callahan was beside him the whole time. The whole point of having that timeout was to use it if you need it. Like if your QB takes a sack.

I've got to admit I'm surprised. The amount of people getting bent out of shape because Haskins got the slightest criticism about a mistake is unexpected. Dude made a mistake, nobody is killing him for it lol.

A delusional person saying someone made a mistake does not make that a reality 

I'm just going to leave you to your dreams of watching Haskins throw the ball over them mountains 

8 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

To be fair, the idiot who didn’t sign Kirk was Bruce.  Had nothing to do with the fans running him off.

Snyder has shown he is impacted severely by fan reaction. Remember Jim Fassel in 2008?

Make no mistakes about it, the fact that this fan base was so split on Kirk and he had so many unjustified haters made it easier for Snyder to not keep him. And ultimately Snyder runs the show, not Allen.

The only thing that sucks is that I hate  Eagles fans, other than that I loved that game. Haskins has potential foreal, and Mclaurin is a maniac 

23 minutes ago, Vanguard said:

Sigh.  Yea, would have been nice to win it though.  ☹️

Yeah, after that kind of game I was hoping they'd win it too. Wasn't too upset though thinking on the other about the draft position. If the Giants beat us next week, we'll probably be locked in for the #2 pick. I want us to beat the Giants, but a loss won't be so bad. I doubt we'll beat the Cowboys in Dallas with their playoffs situation at hand.

• Like 1