Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread -Eagles at Redskins

TK

1 minute ago, JSSkinz said:

This thing about Chase staying cant be for real, didn't he take economics?

Its not. He didn't even say anything but that he was focusing on the bowl. It was a super click baity article. He is 100% coming out. He literally has no upside not to. He's gonna either be the #2 pick this year to Burrow or the #2 pick next year to Lawrence.

Gotta love anyone going haywire over Haskins trying to make some desperate play on the last play of the game while about to be sacked. It was over. Even if someone got the lateral it wouldn't have mattered. He easily had his best game as a pro, and he wasn't responsible for the defense imploding (or the number of blatant drops his guys had on excellent throws).

3 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

We need to do everything in our power to lose next week. Onside kick every time, go for every 4th down, who gives an F. It is potentially franchise altering game. Yes, Chase Young is THAT good. Do you really want to see the Giants have the next LT again?

McLaurin, Peterson, Allen, Ionnadis, any of them have so much as a hangnail or a nose itch should be put on IR.

2 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Oh come on. Who gives a ****? The game was over. Haskins was desperate to try something. It's whatever.

2 minutes ago, Burgold said:

The game was over. He had no chance. He hoped for a miracle. Give me a break.

Haskins had his first good NFL game. If Simms catches a few of those drops. If the refs don't call BS roughing the passer calls. Who knows? As it is, this was a great potential audition game for Urban Meyer and we didn't lose draft ground.

I also think that was a PI. The defender hit the receiver well before the ball ever arrived. He interfered with his route, pinned his arm for a second, and that ought to be pass interference.

1 minute ago, Llevron said:

Dawg pls stop you are embarrassing yourself lol

I call them as I see them. He had a fine game before, but that doesn't stop me from finding the humor in our QBs still experiencing Kirk-isms.

Just now, TommyWilson said:

Take the sack with 0:00 on the clock in the 4th??

There's been some really dumb stuff said in this forum but this is right up there 

1 minute ago, Berggy9598 said:

There wouldn’t have been any time left by the time he got to the ground. You separated a shoulder with that reach. 

There was very clearly 2 seconds left on the clock when he was going to the ground. I'd pay money to see Haskins do a hail mary. Looks looks like I'll have to wait for next week.

1 minute ago, Birdlives said:

Do you honestly believe that? This is this season. Unless drastic changes are made you’ll be saying that at the end of next season too.

.....are you asking him if he honestly believes there’s just two weeks left of this (this, meaning this horrible season)? He’s right....there ARE only two weeks left of this miserable season 😂 pretty sure that’s all he meant by it 🤷🏻‍♂️

Just now, Rufus T Firefly said:

McLaurin, Peterson, Allen, Ionnadis, any of them have so much as a hangnail or a nose itch should be put on IR.

I'd still play McLaurin because he's just legitimately exciting to watch and I still value Haskins development(and he needs his best WR out there).

Play as many backups on D as possible. I mean the starters suck enough as it is so it shouldn't really be a big drop off anyway.

4 minutes ago, Dissident2 said:

Why? I think there was a ton to like on the field today. Hard play on both sides of the ball, a hard-fought game, guys playing with passion. I haven't seen that in far too long. What's clear is that the coaching - on defense especially - is terrible. And he should already know about the craptacular front office. A new coach should see a lot of promise in this team IF they can run things the way they see fit ... with no Bruce Allen in sight. 

That's the big deterrent right there.  No real candidate knows he's a big part of the problem and if Snyder keeps him, then it's turn around, don't drown

15 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

It's not up for debate and you sound silly as hell. It's math. The hit rate is the highest in the 1st round and decreases the further into the draft you go. Obviously all six of the other rounds added TOGETHER gives you more hits. That's useless information. 

So what point are you trying to make?  That one first round pick is going to change our franchise?  We’re picking another QB?  What?

2 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Its not. He didn't even say anything but that he was focusing on the bowl. It was a super click baity article. He is 100% coming out. He literally has no upside not to. He's gonna either be the #2 pick this year to Burrow or the #2 pick next year to Lawrence.

May not even be top 4 next year if Fields comes out and Tua stays.

11 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Dwayne's lateral for the last play was Kirk Cousins level destruction. Just take the sack dude. You lateraled it WHERE?

Sometimes I wonder if people watching the game even understand what they're watching or even understand football for that matter. 

2 minutes ago, Dissident2 said:

Why? I think there was a ton to like on the field today. Hard play on both sides of the ball, a hard-fought game, guys playing with passion. I haven't seen that in far too long. What's clear is that the coaching - on defense especially - is terrible. And he should already know about the craptacular front office. A new coach should see a lot of promise in this team IF they can run things the way they see fit ... with no Bruce Allen in sight. 

I agree.  A semi-competent coaching staff makes this team instantly better.  Callahan I think does have some positives and has had the team more competitive but you can tell there’s something missing.  The lack of a time out while Philly was driving is a pretty good example.  

Meyer was probably thinking “I’ll hire good people around me”.

Haskins played well. I don't really take the last play seriously at all, its a complete miracle toss up situation, there is nothing to really evaluate.

For the most part he made good throws. He missed a couple but he was also let down by Sims quite a few times. He looked good running the option too.

This was the perfect tank loss. Haskins made strides in his game, we play close and competitive, but lose at the end.

Good day.

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

I'd still play McLaurin because he's just legitimately exciting to watch and I still value Haskins development(and he needs his best WR out there).

Play as many backups on D as possible. I mean the starters suck enough as it is so it shouldn't really be a big drop off anyway.

Josh Norman should play absolutely every snap.

Just now, NickyJ said:

I call them as I see them. He had a fine game before, but that doesn't stop me from finding the humor in our QBs still experiencing Kirk-isms.

There was very clearly 2 seconds left on the clock when he was going to the ground. I'd pay money to see Haskins do a hail mary. Looks looks like I'll have to wait for next week.

You're right. While Haskins was in the middle of getting sacked by an unblocked guy on what was supposed to be an easy pass pro situation he should have looked up at the clock, quickly thought to himself "oh, there are 2 seconds left, I should take the sack and within .5 seconds call a timeout" and then done so and gone for another hail mary afterwards.

Seriously, are you listening to how stupid you sound? 

14 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

The refs have to actually see the timeout signal then blow their whistle to stop the clock.  That takes longer than two seconds.  There's not going to be some booth review to look for when the signal was sent in 

This isn't a video game, that's not how it works 

Archived