Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread -Eagles at Redskins

1 minute ago, pico926 said:

Based on what the D did? Your not running option routes that deep in the field and adjusting based on coverage. Clearly Simms add libbed and broke off his route.

I’m encouraged because they were talking it up on sidelines and getting on same page.

This is where I was leaning based on how the safety dropped.    Simms made an off-schedual call.

What's impressive is that ball dropped where it was supposed to , in the pocket between the linebackers and safety (which proves that it was a good read and pass by Haskens).

1 minute ago, Captain James said:

Serious question: if "mechanics" and footwork are fundamental basics of playing QB, how does one actually become a starting QB in the NFL or even NCAA for that matter, if their mechanics are poor? 

College is an entirely different animal, first off. You can redshirt. It’s also a different style of football (largely depending on division and then conference). But the game is slower in college than the NFL, so poor mechanics can be passable. 

• Like 2
Just now, Captain James said:

Serious question: if "mechanics" and footwork are fundamental basics of playing QB, how does one actually become a starting QB in the NFL or even NCAA for that matter, if their mechanics are poor? 

Tim Tebow had some of the worst mechanics i've ever seen, with a SUPER long delivery that simply could not sustain success in the NFL.  Schematically you can do so much to benefit and set the player up for success.  The game is slower so the margin for error is larger. 

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Not sure you have the right read here. But not sure I do either, to be honest. So your take is just as valid as mine :ols:

You’re presuming just as much as I am :ols:

I didn’t mean THAT play was a Haskins issue. I meant that is one of Haskins issues. He waits for thing to happen and then makes throws. You can almost tell the plays that he reads the D versus the receivers break.

But that was a read play where he threw the ball where the receiver is supposed to be.  

😕

2 minutes ago, dc1 said:

This is where I was leaning based on how the safety dropped.    Simms made an off-schedual call.

What's impressive is that ball dropped
where it was supposed to , in the pocket between the linebackers and safety (which proves that it was a good read and pass by Haskens).

Do you keep saying Haskens as a joke? 

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

College is an entirely different animal, first off. You can redshirt. It’s also a different style of football (largely depending on division and then conference). But the game is slower in college than the NFL, so poor mechanics can be passable. 

Yeah with superior physical gifts, a good system, and/or a weak conference a guy with bad mechanics can easily excel in college. NFL is a different beast entirely. 

2 minutes ago, Captain James said:

He didnt really need them last year at Ohio State. He had all day to throw and used his arm talent to shred college football. It is different in the NFL. he is being forced to move around a lot more. I am not concerned long term with his footwork. We have already seen big advances from him in that department over the past few games. He gets an entire off season to fix it this year AS THE STARTER. It is why I thought bringing in Keenum was so damn dumb. I understand why they did it. Gruden wanted to keep his job. But for the long term good of the Redskins Haskins should have been starting since week one.

• Thanks 1
Just now, dc1 said:

But that was a read play where he threw the ball where the receiver is supposed to be.  

😕

*sigh*

Yes. I didn’t mean that was the only play where I’ve seen that and come to that conclusion in solitary confinement. It’s something I’ve noticed game to game. 

And we still don’t know if that’s where the receiver was supposed to be :ols:

1 minute ago, OVCChairman said:

not a good decision there, he bailed on the play and looked to run way to quickly there.  The window closed FAST

Watch the replay. The receivers were completely blanketed. Nobody to throw to. It was good defense by Philly

• Like 2