Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread -Eagles at Redskins

TK

So today Haskins is learning that being hot doesn’t mean you’re going to stay hot. Forcing throws because you had success early doesn’t work. You have to continue to play within the system and maintain mechanics. 

Still, I’ll take rookie mistakes any day. He’s playing a good game and that shouldn’t be overlooked. Hoping it continues.

Just now, justice98 said:

If he sets his feet instead of throwing of a backpedal, he probably drops it right in there.  And it was a little late.

I think he was talking about the play before where Sims broke toward the endzone and Haskins threw it like he was running a deep in route

Hot take from someone who doesn't know WTF he's talking about:

Haskins's play today is making what were typical mistakes in previous weeks really stand out.  Those last two throws actually looked bad because the other ones have looked, for the most part, first-round worthy.

Maybe I'm wrong about the guy.  I hope so!

2 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Not miscommunication. Haskins missed the throw because of horrendous footwork and mechanics.

Make a few plays then back to normal. Look Haskins its touchdown was a decent throw but that was Mac who ran that in. But OK pass was there. Second touchdown was OK although the DB didn't even know the ball was coming because he never turned around but it was still a good throw. But back to normal after a few good plays. I would hope a 1st rounder could complete a few 20 yard passes. But can he do it consistently . I don't think so.

Just now, KDawg said:

So today Haskins is learning that being hot doesn’t mean you’re going to stay hot. Forcing throws because you had success early doesn’t work. You have to continue to play within the system and maintain mechanics. 

Still, I’ll take rookie mistakes any day. He’s playing a good game and that shouldn’t be overlooked. Hoping it continues.

that almost int by Jenkins was ugly

1 minute ago, justice98 said:

If he sets his feet instead of throwing of a backpedal, he probably drops it right in there.  And it was a little late.

No, no. I'm talking about that almost got picked before that last throw.

The last throw was all Haskins not setting his feet, you're correct.

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

Not miscommunication. Haskins missed the throw because of horrendous footwork and mechanics.

Better blocking upfront and he’s not forced to throw off backfoot. Rook looks pretty good after one half. Not worried about a bad throw or two.

1 minute ago, justice98 said:

On that particular play it was miss communication. Simms broke it outside, Haskins thought he was staying in.  

If they were on the same page (on the outside break) it would have been 6 for sure.  

4 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Goddamit. Set your damn feet, Dwayne. Footwork is getting better but **** like that keeps popping up. 

Probably becuase he is a rookie? This is very common... Not sure why everyone is losing their **** about it.

Its improving..  And hopefully a key focus and gets better in the offseason

Today is a great example of why Haskins, good or bad, is still an inexperienced rookie.  He has pretty much had his best NFL game of his career so far, through the 1st half, but he has still left so much out there on the field that could have been made.   The Sims adjustment was an easy TD pass had Haskins read the coverage correctly.  Then the wide open pass that he under threw because he is throwing off his back foot while pedaling his feet backwards. 

Those are two big plays that can potentially change the outcome of the game that weren't made because Haskins is still developing.  On the flip side he has also shown things today that a lot of people have been wanting to see for the last month.

With what little experience Haskins has so far at the QB position, it is both true that he can show signs of development, but also show he is not there yet.  It is okay to think both things as opposed to having already made up our minds on him either way.

Archived