Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread -Eagles at Redskins

Just now, KDawg said:

/ Holcomb gets downhill pretty well. I like how he closes. 

if we could let him read and react and get rid of this man coverage we keep asking him to do, I think he can be something.  He's not suited for man to man coverage, so we need to let that go.  We REALLY need a FS we trust in coverage who can slide up and cover a TE or RB 

15 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I get a kick out of posts like the one you quoted. It goes both ways, right? Where were all these guys who have excused Haskins all season long during the games that he as terrible? They were quiet. Same for today, except I’ve seen Haskins biggest “hater” in here even saying Haskins is having a good game. 

That’s just the way things go. Good post, dyst.

There were a lot of people defending Haskins when he played bad, myself included.  I'm certainly not sold on the guy but there were lots of people saying to give up on him after five games was ridiculous and premature 

That's the whole reason we had so much flak flying around mid-season.

Just now, TommyWilson said:

There were a lot of people defending Haskins when he played bad, myself included.  I'm certainly not sold on the guy but there were lots of people saying to give up on him after five games was ridiculous and premature 

That's the whole reason we had so much flak flying around mid-season.

You just made my point. 

• Like 1

That 3rd & 7 conversion by the Eagles there happened specifically because Manusky has Collins playing way too deep.  Dude is a strong safety, he should be much closer to the line of scrimmage.  Did you see the ground he has to make up once the ball is handed off?  If he is in proper position that play ends after a yard or two.

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

I get a kick out of posts like the one you quoted. It goes both ways, right? Where were all these guys who have excused Haskins all season long during the games that he as terrible? They were quiet. Same for today, except I’ve seen Haskins biggest “hater” in here even saying Haskins is having a good game. 

That’s just the way things go. Good post, dyst.

If you're deemed a "hater", you're then not allowed to ever be complimentary.  lol  You must be a hater at all times.

• Haha 2
4 minutes ago, Stadium-Armory said:

I am more convinced than ever that the defensive problems are scheme / coaching related. Guys make individual plays when they're in position so the talent is there. They're just out of position and out schemed frequently.

While I agree with a lot of what you are saying. A lot of guys have been disappointing this year especially on the DL. Allen in particular has been average at best. 

1 minute ago, justice98 said:

If you're deemed a "hater", you're then not allowed to ever be complimentary.  lol  You must be a hater at all times.

I don’t mind those who say he hasn’t played well (which he hasn’t). I have an issue with those who claim he’s already a bust and will never be any good and we should trade him for a 3rd if we can blah blah blah.

• Like 1
Just now, PartyPosse said:

I don’t mind those who say he hasn’t played well (which he hasn’t). I have an issue with those who claim he’s already a bust and will never be any good and we should trade him for a 3rd if we can blah blah blah.

Let’s be real. There were maybe 3 of those people.