Sign in to follow this  
justice98

The NFL Top 100

I've got people arguing with me on Facebook about Grimm and Jacoby not being included.  Look, I love Grimm and Jacoby as much as the next guy, they are not top 100.  

The Redskins broke the Superbowl rushing record TWICE, with two different RBs.

Grimm probably didn't play long enough to make top 100, but he did beat the **** out of Randy White, who did.

If Lachey had been able to stay healthy, he would be top 100 easy.

You can argue Jacoby - I do think he belongs in the HoF and I would put him above more recent guys like Walter Jones.

The Hogs are probably the most well known and legendary offensive line in NFL history.

The fact that not even one of them... just one... didn't make the cut, invalidates this list for me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, justice98 said:

I've got people arguing with me on Facebook about Grimm and Jacoby not being included.  Look, I love Grimm and Jacoby as much as the next guy, they are not top 100.  

Didn't Grimm get on the All-Decade team?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The argument isnt were they great or not, because they definitely were.  But having said that, neither Grimm, nor Jacoby are top 5-7 all time at their position.  They just arent and that's not a slight to them, but once you go down the list of guys in front of them, it seems less egregious.  

The only argument are the old timers being on.  But even then, there'd be other guys I'd put on first.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ghost of Nibbs McPimpin said:

Didn't Grimm get on the All-Decade team?

He did, but they played a lot of decades of football.  There's about 35 guards named.  

Who gives a crap the list is ridiculously subjective anyway. I don't understand how Marshall Faulk and LT aren't on it but some dude who played during like World War I is.

• Like 1

The only Redskin who might be on the list is Sammy Baugh.

I'm pretty sure that nobody on here ever saw him play a live game.

6 hours ago, SkinsFTW said:

The only Redskin who might be on the list is Sammy Baugh.

I'm pretty sure that nobody on here ever saw him play a live game.

Darrell Green and Ken Houston made it so far as players, but they're not done revealing the list.  And the Joe Gibbs made it as coach.

1 hour ago, Riggo-toni said:

Favre doesn't belong there, but I agree with the others.

I think Favre belongs. To most people, he looks and sounds like the red-blooded, beer-swilling, blue-collar QB that's easier to relate to than the elite specially trained and dieted QBs like Brady. It may not be entirely true, but it doesn't need to be to make them famous and iconic.

Once Holmgren left, Favre was a perennial choker. He never put back to back solid seasons, and you could always count on him to throw an interception whenever a playoff game was on the line. Always.

Rodgers and Brees are both better than Favre, though Rodgers isn't as durable.