Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

More Ryan Anderson please.

wtfskins

4 minutes ago, wtfskins said:

Oh hell ya of course if we can draft chase young we go get him for sure for sure.  Look at the honey badger still playing in the NFL we drafted corners ahead of that guy.  

But we cut Collins he is not worth the money.  No more free agency splashes he is not making 90 million dollar plays out there no one is except Lamar Jackson.  

Can't cut Collins after just one year into his contract, it would annihilate our cap.

Collins isn't a bad player, but he needs to be put in the right scheme. He can wreck havoc in the box but he ain't a cover guy.

4 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Can't cut Collins after just one year into his contract, it would annihilate our cap.

Collins isn't a bad player, but he needs to be put in the right scheme. He can wreck havoc in the box but he ain't a cover guy.

Ok you obviously understand the cap hit and the business part that I don’t so I agree with you.  Keep him then but get rid of him when it is best for us.  

7 minutes ago, wtfskins said:

Ok you obviously understand the cap hit and the business part that I don’t so I agree with you.  Keep him then but get rid of him when it is best for us.  

Couldn’t agree more. I could give a damn about a box tackling safety. That’s a commodity these days. He can’t run and can’t cover which is what you need out of a $90M safety.

On 12/9/2019 at 11:25 PM, wtfskins said:

Why is this guy not playing more?  He would be a pro bowler on any other team in the NFL.  Teams run right at Sweat cause he can’t handle the run.  But guess who can handle the run? Ryan Anderson can. 

Both Ryan’s should be starting over Sweat.  Sweat should be a situational player.  Pass rush downs and he should get Ryan’s work load while Ryan gets Sweats duties.  I do like Sweat but dude gets pushed back every run play. 

If he don't start on the Dline then turn him into the hardest hitting meanest MLB in the league that stuffs runs and clogs up holes.  

What a waste of good talent on the bench something this organization is known for.  

Love Ryan Anderson’s motor and physicality at the point of attack. Would love to see him and Young on the edges next year! 

18 minutes ago, pico926 said:

Love Ryan Anderson’s motor and physicality at the point of attack. Would love to see him and Young on the edges next year! 

Yes the dude puts his head down and shoulder into guys.  Let him be our enforcer.  

How about on every play in the NFL on defense we spy a screen play cause those screen plays are killers in this league they gut every team.  Just look at the round of highlights this week 3 screens for touchdowns.

1 hour ago, skinny21 said:

Kudos to Anderson this game, he made some serious plays.  

I’m not letting this really change my tune on him though as Lane Johnson was out.  He’s a solid player, particularly as a rotational guy, but we need legit pass rushers ahead of him.  I hope Sweat gets there and I’d love to land Young.  

I think he had a decent game last week, had a strip sack in that game also. I believe that’s three fumbles he’s caused in two weeks. He also had a tackle for a loss  behind the line of scrimmage today on a running play. Seems to be coming around.

On 12/10/2019 at 8:42 AM, Warhead36 said:

Pro Bowler...lolol yeah okay. He's an okay run stopper but has no real upside. Guys like Anderson can be found every year in the mid to late rounds. See Cole Holcomb.

Where you at genius 3 sacks 3 forced fumbles.

On 12/9/2019 at 9:45 PM, 757SeanTaylor21 said:

Pro bowler ay? Wake up. 

What did I say 3 sacks 3 forced fumbles.

On 12/9/2019 at 10:32 PM, JoggingGod said:

I’m sorry, what?

He’s useless as a pass rusher and mediocre as a run stopper. That’s why he’s not playing.

Where you at 3 sacks 3 forced fumbles 

On 12/10/2019 at 4:52 PM, method man said:

The reason I hated this pick is because this guy had bottom quartile physical tools for the position if you look at the combine numbers. He was overdrafted by a few rounds (pundits called this out at the time) and this is playing out here

Where you at?

On 12/10/2019 at 5:20 PM, JoggingGod said:

He’s a bottom percentile athlete. He’s never gonna be anything.

Where you at?

On 12/11/2019 at 7:59 AM, Audible_Red40 said:

Homerism got the best of the OP no doubt.

Where you at homer? 

1 hour ago, wtfskins said:

Lol I mean what do they have to say now.  I want to hear their excuses.  

Skins fans are jaded.  Good players leave and suddenly they are great when put in position to succeed.  Good to see Ryan Anderson make the most of his opportunities.  That's how we need a second round pick to produce.

On 12/15/2019 at 2:58 PM, wtfskins said:

Collins has played rather well this year but because of how poor the corners have played plus how awful the scheme has been he's looked worse than he's played. Our secondary would look much worse without him there.

HOWEVER, if the team were to ever cut him the earliest they would feasibly do it is after the 2021 season when he's got a cap hit of only 6 million. The more i look at his contract the more i realize how team friendly it was.

1 hour ago, PartyPosse said:

Collins has played rather well this year but because of how poor the corners have played plus how awful the scheme has been he's looked worse than he's played. Our secondary would look much worse without him there.

HOWEVER, if the team were to ever cut him the earliest they would feasibly do it is after the 2021 season when he's got a cap hit of only 6 million. The more i look at his contract the more i realize how team friendly it was.

I’m respectfully disagree. He is supposed to be a premier box safety but misses way too many tackles In the box and every game is guilty of taking bad angles to ball. To top it off he gets beat like a drum in coverage and looks like he’s lost a couple steps.

2 hours ago, 757SeanTaylor21 said:

So hey you remember that one time where a player has a good game against a backup rt? Can you tell me his full stats of his past years too? 

You don’t know talent when you see it.  It’s not his fault his coaches played him sparingly.  You act like our coaches know what there doing. I also thought Danny Johnson looked good to.  What do you think about Danny #41?

On 12/15/2019 at 6:58 PM, wtfskins said:

Pretty sure hes leading the team in tackles and is one of the only guys not missing on them. Hes expensive because hes good and was a FA. Hes also a leader on Defense. Collins has been great for us.

12 minutes ago, pico926 said:

I’m respectfully disagree. He is supposed to be a premier box safety but misses way too many tackles In the box and every game is guilty of taking bad angles to ball. To top it off he gets beat like a drum in coverage and looks like he’s lost a couple steps.

No he was a good safety but once these kids get paid their performance goes down.  That’s why we can not make big splashes in free agency.  These millennials or whatever they are don’t care after that big contract signing .

Just now, Koolblue13 said:

Pretty sure hes leading the team in tackles and is one of the only guys not missing on them. Hes expensive because hes good and was a FA. Hes also a leader on Defense. Collins has been great for us.

Ok I’ll give you that one. Is he worth 90 million though?  

1 hour ago, kingdaddy said:

The pieces we have on the defensive side are great pieces to build around. We need someone who can buy the groceries and build this defense right. Free agency and the draft could really help this offseason. I'd love to get a real free safety to go with Chase Young. 

Nicholson must have dirt on Someone, because hes garbage. Apke looked better in his time back there.

2 minutes ago, wtfskins said:

No he was a good safety but once these kids get paid their performance goes down.  That’s why we can not make big splashes in free agency.  These millennials or whatever they are don’t care after that big contract signing .

Ok I’ll give you that one. Is he worth 90 million though?  

That post is retarded. Millennials? Theres nothing wrong with signing the right FAs and getting talent. Weve been excellent at that. You cant just look at a contracts total number and use it as a barometer. 

1 minute ago, Koolblue13 said:

Nicholson must have dirt on Someone, because hes garbage. Apke looked better in his time back there.

Idk I kinda like Nicholson he has been an improvement from what we put out there in past years.  But Apke did look pretty good when he played.  And Nicholson is always in trouble so ya let’s start limiting his playing time cause in two years he will be in prison probably.

4 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

That post is retarded. Millennials? Theres nothing wrong with signing the right FAs and getting talent. Weve been excellent at that. You cant just look at a contracts total number and use it as a barometer. 

You obviously don’t own a business like me and Dan do but you cannot pay guys lots of money to get below average production.  And tell me how we’ve been good at signing free agents.  In your words excellent what are you smoking.  Our free agent signings have been dudo.  Excellent  huh? Coo coo coo coo! 

The players that are trying to make the team and make a big contract are playing harder and faster trying to make that money.  Once they make that money they don’t work as hard in my opinion.  That’s the trend of the NFL that I’m noticing. 

Archived