Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Redskins at Packers

TK

1 minute ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Not sure what you’re trying to ask or say...

are you saying “really? Is just winning better than losing?” Or are you stating that winning is better than losing? 

Either way, not sure what either phrase has to do with what i said 😂😂😂😂

its why anyone has any hope. your trying to make an excuse for why people are saying maybe we can make the playoffs....its because they just want to win and theres a 1 in a million chance

3 minutes ago, Gibbit said:

its why anyone has any hope. your trying to make an excuse for why people are saying maybe we can make the playoffs....its because they just want to win and theres a 1 in a million chance

I wasnt making an excuse for anything 😂 you simply misunderstood what I was saying. I was saying that nobody actually thought the playoffs was a possibility, hence it shouldn’t be viewed as idiocy. It was simply just people wanting to have fun, in a crappy season. Nothing more, nothing less, at 3-9 🤷🏻‍♂️

15 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I think it was more just people having fun due to the crappy division, during a crappy season, more than people actually believing we had any chance 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

Can’t argue with you there. Then thankful this smacks Snyder and Allen into reality because I am certain they thought playoffs was close

I really think the Guice injury took our plan away from us. Then the Haskins injury piled up on it. He did deliver some nice throws in that last drive. Sims had some nice catches and looked like a good slot option, but that incomplete pass / fumble hurt. 

2 hours ago, profusion said:

The D played well, I thought, but Rodgers missed wide open guys.

You mean the packets D right because ours was getting marched all over. In the second half when the game was still in reach, they ran like a 20 play drive against us. 

I think Skins fans get what we deserve, on the way home, listening to the post game calls, we have some of the dumbest fans on earth. People saying we need to draft WR(s) that can separate in this draft and that Callahan is holding back the "sports" car in Haskins and he needs to open it up. We have a fan base that knows nothing about football, its embarrassing!

3 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I bet fans would PACK FedEx Field next weekend if Bruce is fired this week 😂 

(ok, maybe an exaggeration)

We could have a press conference watch party... open the concessions and make some extra money.  Take a page out of the book from the Nats and Caps

It is very disappointing that Cally doesn't try any trick plays to jump start our listless offense. We don't run any pick plays to get our WR free. 

But  Hella catch by TMC17!   That was our super blow. 

1 hour ago, Thinking Skins said:

I really think the Guice injury took our plan away from us....

It seemed like Guice wasn't even in the game plan... I had him some DFS lineups and I saw a  heavy dose of AP to start mixed in with CT, before I can even recall seeing Guice.  I may be mistaken, as its hard to pay attention with all the commercials forcing some of us to Red Zone....

21 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

It is very disappointing that Cally doesn't try any trick plays to jump start our listless offense. We don't run any pick plays to get our WR free. 

But  Hella catch by TMC17!   That was our super blow. 

It seemed like Guice wasn't even in the game plan... I had him some DFS lineups and I saw a  heavy dose of AP to start mixed in with CT, before I can even recall seeing Guice.  I may be mistaken, as its hard to pay attention with all the commercials forcing some of us to Red Zone....

I think thats just a part of the whole 2 back system. They did the same thing last week. And Guice was getting into his own especially on that last run, then he went down. 

25 minutes ago, Vanguard said:

I don’t like this idea.  But it is an idea.  How about we borrow some plays from other offenses to help kickstart things. @RandyHolt has a point.  Some rub routes to get our guys open would work.  It works for everybody else.  It’s like announcers used to say, it’s a copycat league.

I often think we copy the least. When hurry up became all the rage, teams that used it the most were busy in the playoffs every year, I knew we would eventually copy it.  I knew nothing.

Apparently Haskins ran a lot of hurry to in college to the tune of 50 TDs.  The fad has largely come and gone and figured that may be when we start to use it.  I figured wrong.

Apparently the Pats run a very limited number of plays, but just will run the same play from 7 formations. Meanwhile, Gruden could scheme guys open sure but it was via a very complex offense. Callahan runs a 1970's playbook while Belly is calling fleas and half back options. Will Callahan ever try to copy Belichek? Never, and I figure I may finally get one right.

2 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

Callahan runs a 1970's playbook while Belly is calling fleas and half back options.

This made me laugh, because my brother is always telling me about how they call him “old man Callahan”on 980, playfully.  He is very old school.  Nice guy, but I wouldn’t want him to be my head coach.  Keep him on as something else of course.

Just now, Vanguard said:

This made me laugh, because my brother is always telling me about how they call him “old man Callahan”on 980, playfully.  He is very old school.  Nice guy, but I wouldn’t want him to be my head coach.  Keep him on as something else of course.

Anything but HC, OC, or OL coach.  

You know Callahan HATES the bye week, reviews, head to head calls, calling defensive timeouts to get an extra possession at the end of the first half, players having mobile phones.... I could go on.   

Archived