Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Redskins at Packers

TK

1 minute ago, Peregrine said:

Callahan is a trash head coach.  Any real head coach would take Haskins out, because right now is how you turn a minor injury into a major one.  Haskins is hurting and cant properly throw, and hes too young and gung ho to know he needs to be out of the game.  Its up to his coach to man up and not Shanahan it.

Maybe Haskins isn't his guy, and this is his way of getting rid of him. 

7 minutes ago, Fred Jones said:

I don't think it matters whether Haskins stays in or not.  I doubt he injures himself more, and kid wants to compete.

What is your alternative?  He can handoff and throw, just can't maneuver. 

He can't throw, his mechanics are bad enough healthy. He can't plant his foot at all now

Seems like everyone has an opinion whether to pull Haskins or not.  As a poster pointed out, I don't think it changes his production at this point.  He can hand off, and drop back and throw.  He just cant' move around much.

Also, at this point doesn't look like he will make the injury worse.  So, let Haskins make the decision.

7 minutes ago, OVCChairman said:

This right here is enough to tell me that Callahan / OConnell shoudl not be in the HC conversation.  It's ridiculous. 

I dont know why everybody is against callahan he is doing a great job, nobody wins with Haskins, no coach next year will agree with Haskins

5 minutes ago, Catatonic said:

Maybe Haskins isn't his guy, and this is his way of getting rid of him. 

Nah. He's just an old school tough guy who is probably listening to Haskins who wants to gut it out. It's stupid but it fits my perception of him at least. Too old school to protect a young dumb player from himself. 

13 minutes ago, Fred Jones said:

Seems like everyone has an opinion whether to pull Haskins or not.  As a poster pointed out, I don't think it changes his production at this point.  He can hand off, and drop back and throw.  He just cant' move around much.

Also, at this point doesn't look like he will make the injury worse.  So, let Haskins make the decision.

Not being able to move means he can't get out of the way of pressure.. Even taking a glancing blow is much better than just getting straight up destroyed as an immobile target.

Not sure how hot being able to move much didn't factor into your equation of how effective he can be.

Oh, and he can't plant, or step up into the pocket, and his already questionable mechanics will be even worse.  So yeah I strongly disagree 

The injuries suck because they suck. It’s important to remember this isn’t new. We’ve been the most injured team for years thanks to Allen. But it also perpetuates the excuse Allen always uses to save his job. If injury X didn’t happen we would’ve won. The only thing worse than that is the owner who believes it.

Archived