Sign in to follow this  
Rdskns2000

Any actors or actresses you have met?

Any actors or actresses you have met?

Since I’ve been to a lot cons and Trek conventions, I’ve met a bunch.

Loved meeting Shatner and Stewart of Star Trek.

Edited by Rdskns2000
  • Like 2

When Lily Tomlin brought her Search for Signs of Intelligent Life in the Universe to the Kennedy Center, I took my daughter because we saw the show on TV. After the show, she wanted to meet Lily, so we went around to the stage door into a small room. Lily came out and went straight to Adrienne and talked to her. Adrienne was shy but did talk a little. This was before the cell phone days. Lily Tomlin was very gracious and talked with everyone there. It was a fun night. Adrienne was about 5 or 6 then. She's early 40s now.

• Like 3

John Voight at the Westwood Sprouts. Was super nice, talked Ray Donovan with me for a few minutes. Told him that's my TV family and I can't lose anyone and he gave me the John Voight eyebrow raise. This was right before season 5...

• Like 1

Does the guy from Man vs. Food count?  Also, "meet" is a real stretch here.

I was in Savannah, GA for training and one of my co-trainers and I were wandering the area.  We wound up eating at some greasy spoon and found out from word of mouth that Man vs. Food was filming, so we stuck around.  The guy comes along with his security detail who tried to intimidate everyone into not taking photos.  Of course, the guy I was with was handling the legal part of the training we were giving, and promptly informed them that they were on a public street, which shut them right up.  We never actually talked to the guy though.  Adam Richman, just looked him up.   This is probably the worst "met a star" story ever.

• Haha 2

I met Robert Englund at a convention a couple years ago.  Had him sign my NOES blu ray franchise set.  I assumed everyone was asking him Nightmare on Elm Street questions, so I decided to ask him about a random movie he did called Galaxy of Terror, this total sci-fi b trash movie.  His face lit up from being asked something off the beaten path and he started going into tons of stories about the cast and filming.  It got to the point that I started to feel bad about the people waiting behind me. Haha.  Super cool dude.

I also learned from him that he and Mark Hamil were roommates and Robert Englund auditioned for something in the same building they were doing auditions for Star Wars, so when Robert Englund got back home he told Hamil he though he would be a great fit for Luke Skywalker and talked him into going to the audition.

• Like 1

I got The Governor from Benson's autograph in a Shakey's pizza in the late 1970s. I win.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Me and my buddy, and two guys that worked at the oil refinery nearby, sat at a table at a bar in the west part of St. Croix with Billy Murray and his wife drinking and watching the sunset.  '96 I think it was.  We saw the greenflash.  Talked to his wife more than him, they were just building a house in Santa Fe (I'm from NM) but he was very nice.   No one harassed him.  Then I had to drive all the way back to Christiansted on the wrong side of the road with a buzz.  

• Like 1

Martin Scorsese is about to film a movie in my County in March, possible even at a friends house. Robert De Niro and DeCaprio are starring in it.

Should be an interesting few months come March. 

• Like 1

I cant say I really "met" any famous actors.  I did stand in line behind Stephen Baldwin (the religious Baldwin) to get coffee at an airport.  Didn't try to talk to him, just gave him a nod when he turned around.  I got a picture with Michael Carbonaro (magician with a TV show) after one of his live shows, and had a brief interaction with him. Basically just a few sentences about how I enjoy his show.  My first brush with greatness was when I was a teenager, I was visiting my brother in Boston, and we were walking to get some lunch and Drew Bleadsoe was throwing a football with some kids in the street.  I talked about that for weeks when I got home.

I have got to meet a few people that are not in entertainment, but are famous.  I talked with Robert Ressler (one of the real life FBI guys that coined the term "serial killer"), he has been depicted in a few shows, like Mindhunter.  I was considering going into forensic behavioral science, so I talked with him about the work.

• Like 1

My second cousin on my fathers side used to play in the NBA so I've met a couple people growing up. One time was at an event held by Alonzo Mourning back when my cousin was still coaching with the Miami Heat. I was around 11 at the time. It was a charity basketball event down in Miami. Before the game we went back towards the locker room area and met a whole bunch of famous players at the time like Ewing, Ray Allen, Mitch Richmond, Mutombo and Juwan Howard. But when we got to the dinner it was mostly coaches and socialite looking folks. Among them though, was Tommy Davidson from the show Martin. i got a fist bump and took a picture with him. One of my cousins friends named Charlie was staying with us at his house in Miami. They met on the set of a movie called The Air Up There, where Charlie was one of the actors with Kevin Bacon. My cousin was one of the basketball coordinators who were on set to make everything look good on screen, I believe. He was a fun guy, but he got a DUI while we were there, and ended up in jail for a bit. 

• Like 1

John Travolta and Debra Winger.during urban cowboy,,,,,,ron white and nolan ryan were more impressive. but that Winger ass....

Played flag football with Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes in Miami the weekend of the super bowl in 2010. Also met Tony Berg that weekend too and had a conversation with him (the director of Friday Night Lights) without even knowing who he was 😂 

• Like 2

Whole bunch. Probably my favorite moment was writing Muppet comedy sketches with Dave Goelz or being made fun of by Robin Williams.

• Like 1

Yep. More than a few. Dennis Franz being the nicest of them all. It was cool warning the customers away from him because he was such a nice person. 

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 6:13 AM, Burgold said:

Whole bunch. Probably my favorite moment was writing Muppet comedy sketches with Dave Goelz or being made fun of by Robin Williams.

Didn't Amy Adams flirt with you?  Or was it the other way around?  😊

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rocky21 said:

Didn't Amy Adams flirt with you?  Or was it the other way around?  😊

Yep. I love that story. Good memory.