Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Be afraid. Be very afraid....

Riggo-toni

If the Redskins win 3 of their next 4 games, the drop in draft position will be the least of our worries.  It will be enough to allow Brucifer to convince Lord Farquaad that the team truly is close - Callahan will have had a winning record under his tenure, and Dannyboy's pick Haskins went 5-3 as a starter, which would project to a 10-6 season record.

Furthermore, he will warn it would be ruinous to Haskins development to force him to learn a new system all over again in his second year, so continuity is necessary. 2020 will feature Callahan as permanent head coach and the sheep molester will live on for another year as team President.

The NFC East teams are all beatable - Wentz looks lost without DJax, the Giants and the Cowboys coaches are dead men walking. I would expect the Packers to embarrass us, but they seem to come out flat against us. 6-10 will be a disaster, but 4-12 would allow for at least a glimmer of hope that things might change...maybe.

26 minutes ago, Riggo-toni said:

If the Redskins win 3 of their next 4 games, the drop in draft position will be the least of our worries.  It will be enough to allow Brucifer to convince Lord Farquaad that the team truly is close - Callahan will have had a winning record under his tenure, and Dannyboy's pick Haskins went 5-3 as a starter, which would project to a 10-6 season record.

Furthermore, he will warn it would be ruinous to Haskins development to force him to learn a new system all over again in his second year, so continuity is necessary. 2020 will feature Callahan as permanent head coach and the sheep molester will live on for another year as team President.

The NFC East teams are all beatable - Wentz looks lost without DJax, the Giants and the Cowboys coaches are dead men walking. I would expect the Packers to embarrass us, but they seem to come out flat against us. 6-10 will be a disaster, but 4-12 would allow for at least a glimmer of hope that things might change...maybe.

You are a very bad person for even thinking this scenario up.

1 minute ago, Xameil said:

I think no matter what, Bruce is gone

You are a good person!

Ya know how much money Bruce has tied up in players that arent even playing right now? 

It's entirely possible that Dan looks at how badly Bruce has messed up and fires him then let's the new guy decide what to do with Callahan.  Anyone with a straight face can see Callahan is making th most of the **** sandwich Bruce created, even Snyder.  

If I'm not mistaken, the Wizards beat the #2 seed in the west in their house then fired Ernie before the Wizards next game.  Close only counts in horse shoes, and even though it took far longer for Ted to figure that out then Snyder, Ted figured it out.  You are what you record says you are and Bruce has been here about as long as Vinny without a single playoff win and complete disaster from a salary roster perspective.  I wanted Scott Brooks gone, but hes still here leading one of the best offenses we ever had.

4 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Ya know how much money Bruce has tied up in players that arent even playing right now? 

It's entirely possible that Dan looks at how badly Bruce has messed up and fires him then let's the new guy decide what to do with Callahan.  Anyone with a straight face can see Callahan is making th most of the **** sandwich Bruce created, even Snyder.  

If I'm not mistaken, the Wizards beat the #2 seed in the west in their house then fired Ernie before the Wizards next game.  Close only counts in horse shoes, and even though it took far longer for Ted to figure that out then Snyder, Ted figured it out.  You are what you record says you are and Bruce has been here about as long as Vinny without a single playoff win and complete disaster from a salary roster perspective.  I wanted Scott Brooks gone, but hes still here leading one of the best offenses we ever had.

Snyder is a curious chap. The guy doesn't hesitate to get rid of coaches, but somehow he manages to let conmen keep their extremely important jobs for 10 years. 

I don't get it.

Loverro stealing this thread's theme😀

...A 4-4 record, capped off with a huge upset over the Packers, would make their case, at least in their limited minds.

It is the Green Bay game that is the main ammunition. This would not be a win over a team with a losing record and a backup quarterback, like Callahan’s three previous victories over Miami, Detroit and Carolina. This would be a victory over the NFC North division leaders, one of the top teams in the NFC, and a future Hall of Fame quarterback in Aaron Rodgers. It would be the first win for Washington at Lambeau Field since 1988. And it would be a victory over one of Mike Shanahan’s proteges, head coach Matt LaFleur.

This win would be the one that gives Allen and Callahan the weight they need to make the case once again that they are “close,” and that Callahan — who once took an Oakland Raiders team to a Super Bowl — has this team going in the right direction and is deserving of a contract to keep the good times going.

What, these aren’t good times?

It’s hard to tell sometimes, isn’t it?

I would say the prospects of Callahan being the head coach of the Redskins in 2020 and beyond are alarming, but it’s hard to find many decisions that are made at Redskins Park that shouldn’t scare their fans — at least the ones that remain. Callahan’s 1980s offensive style would fit into the way Allen saw this team developing last season, when they were 6-3 under Alex Smith. A 4-4 record under Callahan, anchored with the win over Green Bay, would fit the narrative Allen has sold in his limited public appearances – and what he is likely selling to Snyder.

Of course, they would have to beat Green Bay for all this to happen. A beat down by the Packers is obviously far more likely.

So if through some miracle, Washington wins, how could you possibly say no to Callahan moving forward? Particularly looking at what would lay ahead for the remainder of the season — a reeling Philadelphia Eagles team at Ghost Town Field, a bad New York Giants the following week also at home, and then finishing in Dallas against the Cowboys, who may have nothing to play for at that point.

A victory over Green Bay could mean all things are possible.

Code frightening.

9 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Snyder is a curious chap. The guy doesn't hesitate to get rid of coaches, but somehow he manages to let conmen keep their extremely important jobs for 10 years. 

I don't get it.

Because he doesn't have friends and no one like him, so he hires BFFs.

No way the Snyderskins beat Packers, Eagles or Cowboys. They might beat the Giants depending upon the Giants willingness to try to win the game. Allen will never be fired because he is the perfect useful idiot for Snyder who needs subservient underlings to accept his money and do what they are told. Only way up for this franchise is for Snyder to be personally embarrassed enough to suddenly need to spend more time with his family as the old excuse goes.

1 hour ago, Riggo-toni said:

Disagree.  If we drop in draft position, Danny won't have the shiny new toy to market a bad team.  His best marketing ploy would be to totally revamp the front office. He could probably buy himself another year or two of suck and maybe even rehab his public persona if he actually turns into the blind squirrel that finds a nut.  Bruthe has been focusing on the almost there thing since 2016 (the year we seemed ready to really step up was when SM gave Grudes the stones to go with Cousins) and the fact we haven't stepped up then is almost certainly the coaching and FO.  While the problems are reasonable in isolation and others seem out of his direct control, injury issues over multiple years, Trent Williams, Kirk Cousins, Shanahan, Gruden, the DCs, image issues, McVay, LeFluer, Kyle. sum up.

I was all in for tanking after we lost to the Jets. I want Chase Young badly. But we are so far back in the Chase Young race that I don't care anymore. Winning the division is winning the division. If it means we crush the pride of everyone else in the NFC East by having the shameful 1-9 team win the division, I will take it and gloat about it for the rest of my life.

never-forget-what-you-are-the-rest-of-the-world-will-not-wear-it-like-armor-and-it-can-never-be-used-to-hurt-you-tyrion-lannister.jpg

12 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

I was all in for tanking after we lost to the Jets. I want Chase Young badly. But we are so far back in the Chase Young race that I don't care anymore. Winning the division is winning the division. If it means we crush the pride of everyone else in the NFC East by having the shameful 1-9 team win the division, I will take it and gloat about it for the rest of my life.

I don't think we are that far away for Chase.  Giants beat us and win one more game, we lose out, boom. 

Consider me afraid.

Some crazy **** going around on here than suggests Callahan, Bruce and Dan together in 2020 is a good thing.

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I don't think we are that far away for Chase.  Giants beat us and win one more game, we lose out, boom. 

I thinks the SOS is going to undo us sadly, looks like #3 at best right now.

5 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Consider me afraid.

Some crazy **** going around on here than suggests Callahan, Bruce and Dan together in 2020 is a good thing.

I thinks the SOS is going to undo us sadly, looks like #3 at best right now.

If the Giants win 2 including against us, they'd have the better record.   At this point I am rooting first and foremost that Chase doesn't end up a NY Giant, i think the dude will terrorize Morgan Moses for as along as he's here.

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

If the Giants win 2 including against us, they'd have the better record.   At this point I am rooting first and foremost that Chase doesn't end up a NY Giant, i think the dude will terrorize Morgan Moses for as along as he's here.

I agree about Chase being a NYG, awful thought. 

He wont be anywhere near Moses though, he's history after this season.

Archived