Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anyone ever met any music stars?

ThePackisback

@Kosher Ham I think wins this one. I think he's met dozens of A-listers.

I haven't met many stars. I met Cathy and Marcy (multiple Grammy winners for children's music) and Hazel Dickens (Huge in the world of Bluegrass.) Can't think of anyone else. I once got really close to getting an interview with Paul McCartney, but it fell through. 

1 hour ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Gary Hoey...your mileage may vary.

Oh man, but I LOVE Gary Hoey.

Isn't Rob Halford more of a queen amongst men?

I chatted briefly with Howard Leese (longtime guitarist for Heart) once when he was playing for Paul Rodgers. He was very nice - I think he appreciated that I was a gearhead (this was back when I still had my luthiery business).

I got to hang out with Digital Underground on their tour bus about 15 or so years ago. They did a show at a club here and somehow I caught wind of what hotel they were staying at after, it was close to where I lived so I thought, why not just drive over there and see if anything is going down.  There was about 10-15 people kind of line up and their security or manager or whoever came off the bus and counted up how many people there were to make sure it wouldn't be over capacity and then gave us all the go-ahead to come aboard.

It was pretty surreal, immediately handed a beer in one hand, blunt in the other.  I ended up at the back of the bus sitting in a circle with Money B, a bunch of people I don't know and some weird music producer guy who said he was going to revolutionize the music industry by fusing psychedelic rock with rap and call the genre "Hippie Hop" no joke.

Later Shock G was playing some tunes on audio galaxy (anyone remember that P2P website post-Napster?) and he was playing Fionna Apple songs, saying how much he loved her music, then some Tupac, and was explaining the meanings behind lyrics during the song Hail Mary.  

It was quite a night, eventually some females came out of their hotel rooms that were facing the bus because they could eh....."smell the fun" going on hahah....and they saw me and asked if they could come on the bus.  I must have been pretty out of my mind because I went right up to Shock G as if he was my friend and told him to come over to the bus's window to talk to these ladies because they wanted in.

Next thing I know, I am attempting to drive home, end up in a field behind IHOP, and realize I should prob order some food to take the edge off.  

What a night.

15 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I had beers with @TryTheBeal! this past summer.

Yes...and...

51 minutes ago, Riggo-toni said:

Oh man, but I LOVE Gary Hoey.

Isn't Rob Halford more of a queen amongst men?

I chatted briefly with Howard Leese (longtime guitarist for Heart) once when he was playing for Paul Rodgers. He was very nice - I think he appreciated that I was a gearhead (this was back when I still had my luthiery business).

Weak stuff on the Halford joke.  Nicest dude you’d ever want to meet and smart as a whip.

Gary Hoey is a fun guy.  He’s also deep-Maga and he parties way too hard for me.

Two more...

Robert Sarzo.  Really nice, really smart, really talented.

Lita Ford...NO. Just NO.

No but my dad and 2 brothers went to a George Strait concert back in the mid-2000s. The opening act was really good so they got in line to get photos and autographs. Unfortunately the line ended up being a little longer than they expected so as they were a few people away, they heard the crowd cheer as George Strait took the stage to begin. Deciding that, while they liked the opening act, that person was never going to become famous and it wasn't worth missing George Strait for, so they left the line to return to their seats. 

The opening act was some skinny girl named Taylor Swift. 

77268941_10218446246739360_9105862899867

I got to meet John Oates, of the duo Hall & Oates; before his solo show here in Melbourne last month.

I also saw Hall & Oates's saxophone player- Charlie DeChant.  He lives in Orlando, so he came to see John play.

No pics with Charlie, didn't want to disturb him; since he was a guest of Oates.  Though Mrs. Dechant asked

me to take a pic of Charlie, her and their friends.

7 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Did some almost-sunrise partying with Gary Clark, Jr and his crew in Mexico a few years back.  He left the party, jumped on a plane and was live on TV from the Grammys like 16 hours later.

Very smooth dude...the anti-Hoey.

I want to like Gary Clark Jr.  Photographed one of his concerts, he was great.  As a straight bluesman, awesome. 

But his albums...seems to try to infuse R&B, hip hop...I don't get it.  I wish he'd cut something just straight blues rather than try to be accessible to everyone.  

Archived