Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins vs Packers Prediction Thread: Cheezy Wins

skins island connection

Who wins the game?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Redskins continue to surprise, or flounder off?

• Redskins
    • Packers
    • I'm still scratching my head from the Panther victory

I really do expect the 'skins to get stomped today. If they don't Callahan has executed one heck of a turn around. Still not sure we want to retain him as I think the staff deserves a major reboot from Front Office to Coaching, but that'd be an impressive win.

Right now, Callahan has improved the 2019 'skins from the absolute bottom of the league to the best of its lowest tier.

1 minute ago, Burgold said:

I really do expect the 'skins to get stomped today. If they don't Callahan has executed one heck of a turn around. Still not sure we want to retain him as I think the staff deserves a major reboot from Front Office to Coaching, but that'd be an impressive win.

Right now, Callahan has improved the 2019 'skins from the absolute bottom of the league to the best of its lowest tier.

Damn Burg, if we go into Green Bay and take them down on a stage like this, we could run the table. Hopefully that could win this Division.

11 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Small steps are very okay if not damn good.

2 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

Wow...unleash quice and Peterson...play action bomb to terrymthegem!!..what's the weather supposed to be like?

Around 40 degrees. Cold, but not brutal. 40 degrees is actually a heat wave for Green Bay this time of year. :)

It supposed to be clear with light winds at 5 to 10 mph.

13 minutes ago, Burgold said:

If the Packers run defense is as bad today as it usually is, I can see the kind of game where the Redskins gets a lot of yards with AP/DG (Whoa, it's like AC/DC?) but the important factor is how the offense ends drives once they are inside the opponent's 30.

The biggest reason I can't pick the Redskins outside of all the obvious ones is that the run game/ball control/TOP strategy only works if the game is low scoring, tied, or by chance the 'Skins end up ahead early.  If the 'Skins are taking 8 minute chunks off the clock but only getting field goals or worse, no points, then the Packers are eventually going to end up with enough points that forces the passing game to perform.

7 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

If the Packers run defense is as bad today as it usually is, I can see the kind of game where the Redskins gets a lot of yards with AP/DG (Whoa, it's like AC/DC?) but the important factor is how the offense ends drives once they are inside the opponent's 30.

The biggest reason I can't pick the Redskins outside of all the obvious ones is that the run game/ball control/TOP strategy only works if the game is low scoring, tied, or by chance the 'Skins end up ahead early.  If the 'Skins are taking 8 minute chunks off the clock but only getting field goals or worse, no points, then the Packers are eventually going to end up with enough points that forces the passing game to perform.

We better be able to run, I didn't know we were down 2 starting receivers. All rookie receiver crew today. https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/redskins-packers-week-14-inactives-washington-thin-wr-green-bay?fbclid=IwAR3XmX46wzutWBFGkc6sM83RRDP6rlAT36d09sCE-FIVwQRisAN6Lh93o_A

When the Redskins take the field to face the 9-3 Green Bay Packers on Sunday, Washington will be without two of their starting wide receivers.

Both Trey Quinn (concussion) and Paul Richardson (hamstring) were ruled out on Friday and will be inactive. Washington's likely starting wide receivers will be a trio of rookies: Terry McLaurin, Kelvin Harmon and Steven Sims.

3 minutes ago, TommyWilson said:

Packers 31 Redskins 27

We score at least once in garbage time.  It's not as close as it looks.  Luckily Guice and Haskins continue to show improvement, and Terry gets a TD

This would be digestible.

Archived