Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Redskins at Putty Cats (North Cackalacky Version)

TK

Just as a reminder I think I am correct in saying the offensive unit of this football team has scored two touchdowns (and they were in garbage time when the Jets had the game well in command) in 22 quarters of football.  (Surely that has to be unprecedented in the NFL)  And no, I am not giving them credit for the one scored from the 1/2 yard line today.  That was a bull**** call to start with.  FM butt was the first thing to touch the ground and it touched on the white part of the goal line.  He is carrying the ball above his waist to so obviously the ball is past the white line when his butt touches.  How in the freak do you get the ball at the 1/2 yard line.

2 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Keep sprinkle and draft someone like Parkinson or sign someone like Henry. Both Reed and Davis won’t be back and guys like Henteges aren’t anything special.

I know Sprinkle has been a liability at times but he has shown some development this year.  I am hoping he really sets himself apart next year.

1 minute ago, tomwvr said:

My understanding is that possession changes once it hits the foot of a kicker.

Not when it's blocked. It is a live ball but no automatic change of possession. So since there was no change of possession the clock continued to run - or should have. So half was over. 

2 minutes ago, Redskins Reparations said:

I know Sprinkle has been a liability at times but he has shown some development this year.  I am hoping he really sets himself apart next year.

He won’t. I hope I am wrong but he doesn’t pass the eye test as anything more than 3rd string type

3 minutes ago, zskins said:

Except we kicked on 3rd down and not 4th down. 

That doesn’t matter if the ball makes contact with the kickers foot.

other wise you could try a 70 yard field goal on 3rd down and get the ball back when it’s missed if you fall on it.

Archived