TK

Game Day Thread - Redskins at Putty Cats (North Cackalacky Version)

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, SoCalSkins said:

If the Bears beat the Cowboys and we have a miracle against Green Bay. The scenario for us to win the division are not as insane as it might sound. Obviously not likely but better odds than winning the lotto.

 

You've been incessantly posting about what great bust Haskins is and now you are analyzing win the division at 7-9 scenarios.......LOL....

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Veryoldschool said:

 

You've been incessantly posting about what great bust Haskins is and now you are analyzing win the division at 7-9 scenarios.......LOL....


Dude is 2-0 last 2 weeks! 😂 

 

Keenum is a play away as well...

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Veryoldschool said:

 

You've been incessantly posting about what great bust Haskins is and now you are analyzing win the division at 7-9 scenarios.......LOL....

Sounds about right. 
 

im surprised he’s not saying that the team is winning despite Haskins being the greatest bust in the history of sports.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

also have to wonder if Callahan isn't telling Manusky to get aggressive.

I wonder if Call's meeting wasn't with the team, but with Manusky. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, ThePackisback said:

Is their offense that good? Is it their defense that stinks?

 

There offense isn't great in my opinion.  They rack up a lot of yards, but they also turn the ball over more, and are not very good in the redzone.  I will say that Dak has been a better passer this year than I thought he was capable of being.  However, in past years Dak has been much better when they needed a last minute drive than he has been this year. The running game, including Dak's running, has also not been as good. 

 

The defense has been so much worse than last year, and they never force turnovers.  

Edited by Nerm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aside from the obvious positives (winning, rushing, no picks), I saw something else. We didn't fold, down early. And we outscored the opposition in the second half. A welcome change.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Stadium-Armory said:

Aside from the obvious positives (winning, rushing, no picks), I saw something else. We didn't fold, down early. And we outscored the opposition in the second half. A welcome change.

 

29-0 run, after being down 14-0.

How's that for in-game adjustments ?

All 3 units, Offense, Defense, and ST played well.

Our most well-rounded game in a very long time.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

 

You think Anderson's hit was intentional retaliation ?

No, not at all. It was a personal foul, but it was not malicious. It was a pretty normal "runner lowers his head" vs. "tackler lowers his head" kind of play. Anderson should not have been ejected. The play that took Quinn out looked far worse. The only real difference is that Olsen looked to lose consciousness for a bit while Quinn shook it off and jogged off.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Olsen also wasn’t a defenseless receiver at that point, IMO.  Didn’t really get the ejection.  It looked bad for Olsen - the way he went down - but I’ve seen so many far more vicious looking hits that didn’t lead to ejection  or (seemingly) even discussion of ejection.  
To be clear, I’m not mad about it.  It is what it is.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Burgold said:

No, not at all. It was a personal foul, but it was not malicious. It was a pretty normal "runner lowers his head" vs. "tackler lowers his head" kind of play. Anderson should not have been ejected. The play that took Quinn out looked far worse. The only real difference is that Olsen looked to lose consciousness for a bit while Quinn shook it off and jogged off.

A couple of us mentioned this at the time.  It was all optics.  With Olsen being knocked out it made it look worse than the other hit.  Definitely should not have been ejected.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, SkinFanInMinn said:

A couple of us mentioned this at the time.  It was all optics.  With Olsen being knocked out it made it look worse than the other hit.  Definitely should not have been ejected.

Yup. The PF was justified. The ejection was not.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, skinny21 said:

Olsen also wasn’t a defenseless receiver at that point, IMO.  Didn’t really get the ejection.  It looked bad for Olsen - the way he went down - but I’ve seen so many far more vicious looking hits that didn’t lead to ejection  or (seemingly) even discussion of ejection.  
To be clear, I’m not mad about it.  It is what it is.  

 

 

There was a much more vicious hit earlier in the game when Quinn got cleaned out as he was catching a punt.  The problem isn't necessarily the penalty, though I agree with you and Olsen wasn't defenseless at that point.  The problem is the inconsistency from play to play.  

 

Olsen had control of the ball and was an aggressive runner.  Anderson dropped his head to initiate contact, and Olsen did as well.  Olsen happened to get the worst of it.  

 

Quinn was making a play on in incoming punt and got absolutely blasted with not only no chance to play the ball, but also absolutely ZERO chance to defend himself.  Quinn SHOULD have called a Fair Catch, but that's not the rule.  


I know you're not saying one way or the other, and I agree that it is what it is, just replying to the broader subject since you referenced the more vicious hits and the fact that one happened within the same game. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:


lol at establishing a winning culture by going from 2-9 to 3-9. Hahah wow

 

heres a hint, no winning culture was established without good players. The more picks you have in the draft The better your chances of finding good players. or the higher you pick, the better the player selection and trade options available are 
 

hope that helps 

I think every win is big with our young guys. You gotta start somewhere....The 82 Skins Super Bowl run began when they turned around after an 0-5 start under Gibbs in the 81 season. They figured out how to win and started to believe rather than doubt. 

Look at the interview with Nate Orchard and how he talks about how ecstatic the players are over getting that win. This team is building and these wins could lead to more free agents wanting to come here in the off season. It all adds up. Hell, maybe even Trent has a different perspective is Dan fires Bruce and makes changes to the medical staff (if necessary)? 

I went into the game yesterday hoping to lose for a better draft pick but I get the importance of winning, especially with young players. These wins are huge for Haskins, Guice and the defense. Any and everything positive should be welcomed at this point.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Burgold said:

The only real difference is that Olsen looked to lose consciousness for a bit while Quinn shook it off and jogged off.

 

I see what you're sayin, but that's not a true indication of how bad the hit was.

Reed shook off his hit and jogged off, in the preseason. And he's out for the year.

And we don't know the severity of Quinn's injury yet.

Mason Rudolph was thought to be dead. And he was back in a couple weeks.

Can't really judge severity of a hit by the immediate reaction from a player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

 

I see what you're sayin, but that's not a true indication of how bad the hit was.

Reed shook off his hit and jogged off, in the preseason. And he's out for the year.

And we don't know the severity of Quinn's injury yet.

Mason Rudolph was thought to be dead. And he was back in a couple weeks.

Can't really judge severity of a hit by the immediate reaction from a player.

Oh, I agree with you totally. I was responding to the question as to why the refs did what they did. I think that's why. I disagree with them. I think the hit on Quinn was the one that was unsportsmanlike. Anderson's was only a personal foul.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/1/2019 at 11:50 PM, Stadium-Armory said:

Aside from the obvious positives (winning, rushing, no picks), I saw something else. We didn't fold, down early. And we outscored the opposition in the second half. A welcome change.

Not so welcome to me.  Before last weeks game, we had the 2nd pick.  Winning only hurts us and the draft was the only positive thing to come out of this season.  Of course like always, we blow that by winning meaningless games.  For all the fans who are happy about the wins, next year will be here fast, and you will get a double dose of Chase Young blasting our QB from next year on as we just gave the 2nd pick to the NY Giants.  Cincy needs a QB so be happy with the wins fans. The Giants thank you! The stupidity of Dan and Bruce has even spread to some of our fans. For the life of me, I don't understand how any fan can be happy with meaningless wins and letting other teams draft ahead of us.  Makes no sense, much less risking injuries to our decent vets.  Anyone tears an ACL this late will miss playing time next year. Should have been playing the 2nd and 3rd string players to gain experience anyway.  This is another reason we lose year after year. When the season was blown, you have to start preparing for next year. When you see Chase get drafted, think about what could have been for us.  Remember, any team tied with us in the standings, gets to draft before us as we had a harder schedule.  As of now, we draft 5th.  we win one more and we could drop to 10th, so we have to sweat out the Giant game.  If we lose out, we could get to 3rd and possibly 2nd again if Giants beat us and 1 other team. But that's unlikely.  We had the 2nd pick 2 weeks ago and would have been tied with Cincy with one win for the 1st pick.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, rabidskin said:

Not so welcome to me.  Before last weeks game, we had the 2nd pick.  Winning only hurts us and the draft was the only positive thing to come out of this season.  Of course like always, we blow that by winning meaningless games.  For all the fans who are happy about the wins, next year will be here fast, and you will get a double dose of Chase Young blasting our QB from next year on as we just gave the 2nd pick to the NY Giants.  Cincy needs a QB so be happy with the wins fans. The Giants thank you! The stupidity of Dan and Bruce has even spread to some of our fans. For the life of me, I don't understand how any fan can be happy with meaningless wins and letting other teams draft ahead of us.  Makes no sense, much less risking injuries to our decent vets.  Anyone tears an ACL this late will miss playing time next year. Should have been playing the 2nd and 3rd string players to gain experience anyway.  This is another reason we lose year after year. When the season was blown, you have to start preparing for next year. When you see Chase get drafted, think about what could have been for us.  Remember, any team tied with us in the standings, gets to draft before us as we had a harder schedule.  As of now, we draft 5th.  we win one more and we could drop to 10th, so we have to sweat out the Giant game.  If we lose out, we could get to 3rd and possibly 2nd again if Giants beat us and 1 other team. But that's unlikely.  We had the 2nd pick 2 weeks ago and would have been tied with Cincy with one win for the 1st pick.  

 

Not to rain on your doom and gloom parade but if the draft was tomorrow we'd pick 3rd.  That doesn't solve the Giants potentially drafting Young ahead of us but I could also see a world where if we pick 2nd the front office takes a tackle anyway, even with Young on the board.  We'll see if they are smart enough to get a first or 2nd + other comp for him, otherwise we're shopping the free agent market or relying on someone already on the roster being the answer at LT next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@rabidskin
I understand your perspective - a high draft pick would be nice, landing Young or trading back for a haul of picks would be great, Allen getting fired would be fantastic (surprised you didn’t mention this).  So yes, I’d have been absolutely fine losing this game.  Of course, there’s no guarantee (beyond the high draft pick) those things play out even if we went 0-16.

None of that means I can’t find enjoyment in this team, particularly as they’re playing a whole slew of young guys, earning a win.  My level of enjoyment does not affect how the team plays, whether we get a certain draft slot, or (especially since I’m already not shelling out money) if Allen is fired.  I’m also not going to hinge my fandom on a certain draft pick or whether our GM is finally fired.  So yeah, as a fan, I’m likely never going to be upset about a win.  If that makes me a stupid fan in your book... believe it or not, I can live with that.  :)


Funny thing is, my stance means I get to be happy whether they win or lose, your stance means your team winning pisses you off.  I’ll take stupid and happy in this case, lol.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/3/2019 at 7:55 AM, MariusVT said:

 

Not to rain on your doom and gloom parade but if the draft was tomorrow we'd pick 3rd.  That doesn't solve the Giants potentially drafting Young ahead of us but I could also see a world where if we pick 2nd the front office takes a tackle anyway, even with Young on the board.  We'll see if they are smart enough to get a first or 2nd + other comp for him, otherwise we're shopping the free agent market or relying on someone already on the roster being the answer at LT next year.

If we lose out, AND Miami and Atlanta lose out, we draft 5th because of strength of schedule after all the games are played.  If we beat the Giants,  and the Cards and Detroit lose out then we are looking at dropping to a tie for the 7,8,9 and 10th pick depending on strength of schedule.   That Detroit game cost us dearly by winning and Carolina win made it even worse.  We would have had the 2nd pick. Now the Giants need to beat us AND win another game for us to jump them in the draft. Now we beat the Giants and we could possibly pick 10th. We can't even get a benefit for being 1-9 and we go and blow the 2nd pick in the draft and possibly the #1.  Skins are destined to fail as they can't even get the top pick and do that right.   Too late to start winning now, should have won from the start!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/3/2019 at 10:15 AM, skinny21 said:

@rabidskin
I understand your perspective - a high draft pick would be nice, landing Young or trading back for a haul of picks would be great, Allen getting fired would be fantastic (surprised you didn’t mention this).  So yes, I’d have been absolutely fine losing this game.  Of course, there’s no guarantee (beyond the high draft pick) those things play out even if we went 0-16.

None of that means I can’t find enjoyment in this team, particularly as they’re playing a whole slew of young guys, earning a win.  My level of enjoyment does not affect how the team plays, whether we get a certain draft slot, or (especially since I’m already not shelling out money) if Allen is fired.  I’m also not going to hinge my fandom on a certain draft pick or whether our GM is finally fired.  So yeah, as a fan, I’m likely never going to be upset about a win.  If that makes me a stupid fan in your book... believe it or not, I can live with that.  :)


Funny thing is, my stance means I get to be happy whether they win or lose, your stance means your team winning pisses you off.  I’ll take stupid and happy in this case, lol.  

Understand your point and a good one.  I am in a difficult position though as I am on a short timeline to see them reach the SB.  I have an incurable bone cancer that I have been fighting for 10 years and its getting worse now. The major happiness I have in my life is my family and the Redskins.  I started going to their games with my Dad in 1961 and went to every game to 2002.  My son was born in 1992 and has grown up with my Redskins stories and as you know, I have seen all the greatest play.  I wanted one more chance to sit with my son and watch them be contenders.  My frustration has boiled over as this year has been the ultimate joke.  It's like watching Groundhog Day where the nightmare repeats itself over and over, year after year.  Why it takes Snyder so long to correct his mistakes, I don't know.  I have been a true die hard all my life but enough is enough.  Our fans have been tortured to the point that the stadium is occupied with mostly visitors fans, and.... Snyder has to evaluate Bruce with a 3-9 record after 9 years and an empty stadium?  Are you kidding me?  What is to evaluate?  Fire the jerk NOW like the thousands of fans have been screaming for years!  I never pictured this happening to our fan base.  Sorry about the "stupid" comment BTW, I am just looking from a different angle and more desperate than most die hard fans,  wish I had more time and patience to experience those great years again.  Have a good day!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.