Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Redskins at Putty Cats (North Cackalacky Version)

TK

1 minute ago, SoCalSkins said:

I’m actually playing with a playoff generator to see the scenarios! Never would have imagined doing that this year. Man I’m pumped even though it’s 2 wins. Intellectually losing and getting the better pick is the better move, but nothing beats wins in the moment.

I feel you. Tomorrow ima be mad about the pick but right now I’m super happy. Good Sunday 

Allen and Manusky will probably be retained.  So hopefully they can get out of their own way.  There is a lot of talent.  Orchard played well, no clue when he came here.  If they trade Williams they should get at least a 2nd and 3rd so 1st pick can be LT and they can add some solid FA's with some freed up cash from Norman I assume.  

May as well try to be positive I guess.  

I'm digging Guice and Harmon and Flowers was a solid move.  Sign that dude long term.  

2 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Why?

Because any fan that does not respect a win for their home team (a home team that happens to specialized in losing), should probably reevaluate their allegiances.

I hope this helps..but it's his/her choice.

Just now, dc1 said:

Because any fan that does not respect a win for their home team (a home team that happens to specialized in losing), should probably reevaluate their allegiances.

I hope this helps..but it's his/her choice.

you don’t need to re-evaluate your allegiances because you are rooting for the long term success over a literal meaningless victory in a lost season 

It would've almost been perfect if the Panthers had come back to win. We'd still be in good draft position, we'd have a reason to feel good about Haskins and our young players, and Bruce would have no reason to feel any sense of relief. Twisted as it sounds, I was almost hoping for it. Almost. 

Skins remaining games:

@Packers- a blowout loss

Eagles- it would be 2 weeks removed from their loss to the Dolphins.  This game can go either way.

Giants- This will be win #4 or win #5.

@Boys- I don't see the Boys resting players, they will need this game.  Probably, a loss but you never know with Dallas. 

So, at best we could finish 6-10.  4-12 seems more likely.

5 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

we would be a game out of the 1st pick 

Yep and with a favourable SOS tiebreaker on Cincy (although they have some bad teams to play so theirs will drop, but I think we'd still beat them on SOS at end of season).

Just now, ConnSKINS26 said:

I really hope these wins don't cause us to keep Allen and allow him to conduct the HC search...ugh

that story is already writing itself. We will win just enough and maybe a divisional game so we can point to it and say the team is headed in the right direction, just young at QB etc. stay the course yada yada 

My first impression of Haskins is that he can’t play, but I’m actually surprised at the skills he does have. Great pocket awareness, good movement, shiftiness. He’s started what, 20 games since high school? He might be good enough to win with and I’ll take that.

meanwhile, the draft pick tankers are still ridiculous. Lots of teams pick 1st with no success and tanking has never been a proven workable philosophy. Unless I’m missing an example? My best counter argument is Michael Jordan. Does anyone have an example of when tanking worked?

also, in case I’m mistaken because of tie breakers, we actually just went from 4th to 3rd in spite of the win.

Archived