TK

Game Day Thread - Redskins at Putty Cats (North Cackalacky Version)

2 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Watching it in slow motion, it doesn't look good.

Watch the hit on Quinn in slow motion.  It was worse and a lot more defenseless. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, dyst said:

Penalty I understand, kicking him out after not kicking out the Panthers player during the punt is unfair.

I agree.

2 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Watching it in slow motion, it doesn't look good.

It actually show that Anderson was leading with his shoulder.  He didn’t even hit him with the crown of his helmet.  Also, Olsen lowers his head as well.  This is a trash call.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

it wasn't a dirty hit. He led too far with his helmet but it wasn't on a defenseless player. Bull**** ejection IMO.

i dont even think he led with his helmet...looks like he went low and was trying to lead with his right shoulder...unfortunately, Olson lowered his head too...

Just now, Llevron said:

I don’t understand how the NFL has such a hard time being honest about this kind of stuff. I think they would rather say the players are malicious than admit the game is just violent and these thing happen. 

Theres no way to make a naturally violent game perfectly safe.  The safest way to protect your laptop is to turn it off and throw it under your bed, its jus not very useful when you do that.

Just now, dyst said:

Don’t lower your head. 

how do you you wrap up around the waist without lowering your shoulder, which is unfortunately attached to your neck, upon which your head is? 

• Thanks 1

BS ejection.  Anderson was just doing what he's supposed to do.  Yes, it's helmet to helmet, but not severe enough to warrant an ejection

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

Dunny, come on.

Can anyone update me on what happened to Sweat and Anderson?  Christmas stuff.

Sweat is questionable with a quad injury and Anderson was just ejected for a helmet-to-helmet hit on Olsen.

1 minute ago, XxSpearheadxX said:

it was WAY worse, he was defensless and stationary, it was the definition of what the rule is supposed to be

Totally, I 100% agree.  That's why this is a terrible call to eject Anderson.

2 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

And we just saw why he’s playing CB.

I love stories like his though! I’m just talkin junk 

• Like 1

I missed the other hit so won’t comment on it but the Anderson hit I watched live and in the replay. He should not have been ejected. That being said his intent was clear. He lowered his head to hit with his helmet. Penalty yes, ejection no.

Edited by Birdlives

Anderson was leading with his shoulder.  The helmet to helmet happens because Olson lowers his head to embrace for a hit.  The helmet to helmet was coincidental, however penalties are called for incidental contact all the time so I have no issue with the flag. The ejection however is ridiculous.  How is the hit on Quinn not way worse and an even more unnecessary use of the helmet? Dude lowered his head and led with it into Quinn's helmet, and it didn't even draw a flag.

• Like 1

Don't get the ejection. It was incidental at best. Defenseless P returner gets clobbered, long discussion, called interference only.. 🙄