Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Redskins at Putty Cats (North Cackalacky Version)

TK

3 minutes ago, Fred Jones said:

No, QB needs to find someone else to throw to and we need a pass catching TE to complement Sprinkle.  They use him like a primary pass catcher when he is a blocking TE that can occasionally catch.

The qb goes to who is open or called on the play. Blaming Haskins for throwing to sprinkle is foolish 

2 minutes ago, MonkFan8 said:

Obviously, yea, but that's why you run an out route. 10s is plenty of time to throw an incomplete pass. Just total incompetence as usual.

Eh. The last two plays lost us 20 yards. A lot of teams kick on third down in case of a botched snap or something. 

Just now, purbeast said:

What the hell was up with the end of the half?  There were 4 seconds left on the clock, but the refs said the clock should have kept running after a blocked kick and change of possession?  That is how it's supposed to work?

Possession didnt change, Penn recovered the ball beyond the LOS so it was technically recovered and advanced which means it's 4th down and the clock continues to run

1 minute ago, purbeast said:

What the hell was up with the end of the half?  There were 4 seconds left on the clock, but the refs said the clock should have kept running after a blocked kick and change of possession?  That is how it's supposed to work?

It was 3rd down tho. Ref explained it correctly. 

1 minute ago, MonkFan8 said:

Obviously, yea, but that's why you run an out route. 10s is plenty of time to throw an incomplete pass. Just total incompetence as usual.

Other bad things can happen like a sack or QB flushed out and forced to throw a bad pass. Or even throw toward the sideline and our guy not getting out of bounds. I mean, I sort of agree with you, but a lot of bad can happen.

1 minute ago, zskins said:

He is already throwing darts. Just not in that red area of the dart board. 

This is true.

Looking forward to the second half adjustment for the first time in 8 years.

For clarification ..with regard to play calling and aggressiveness.

1 minute ago, Redskins Reparations said:

If you were the GM, would you keep Sprinkle on next year, draft another TE, or add through Free Agency?

Keep sprinkle and draft someone like Parkinson or sign someone like Henry. Both Reed and Davis won’t be back and guys like Henteges aren’t anything special.

2 minutes ago, OVCChairman said:

Possession didnt change, Penn recovered the ball beyond the LOS so it was technically recovered and advanced which means it's 4th down and the clock continues to run

My understanding is that possession changes once it hits the foot of a kicker.

4 minutes ago, Redskins Reparations said:

If you were the GM, would you keep Sprinkle on next year, draft another TE, or add through Free Agency?

Sprinkle should not start. I personally don’t even care for his blocking either. Up to me, I would move on. 

Archived