Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Redskins at Putty Cats (North Cackalacky Version)

TK

56 minutes ago, ThePackisback said:

I think they can win the East next year. Dallas, Philly and the Giants are terrible. Wentz has been less than stellar since the Eagles SB win. Their defense is poor. Dallas is all Ezekiel Elliot and they don't have much of an offense in their passing game. The Giants have a terrible O line and no defense. Daniel Jones isn't that good.

Dallas is not a good team.  But, they do have the #1 passing offense in the NFL.  I think passing yards is the most overrated stat in football, but I think your analysis is off on this one.  Dallas' offense is very different than the run first team they have been in previous years.

I’m not so sure how badly it will suck to not get Chase Young, granted I don’t watch much Ohio state games. I feel like I’ve heard “he’s the best defensive player in the draft In the last 10 years” or something along those lines many times before. Clowny, Garrett had those titles also and they aren’t exactly world beaters. They’re good players but I mean not Khalil Mack or Miller type of game changer 

5 minutes ago, max21 said:

I’m not so sure how badly it will suck to not get Chase Young, granted I don’t watch much Ohio state games. I feel like I’ve heard “he’s the best defensive player in the draft In the last 10 years” or something along those lines many times before. Clowny, Garrett had those titles also and they aren’t exactly world beaters. They’re good players but I mean not Khalil Mack or Miller type of game changer 

To me, until they play a down they are prospects not players.  Plenty of great prospects that didn't amount to jack ****, even pass rushers

On one hand, Carolina wasn’t good against the run to begin with and then lost Poe and a couple of their linemen got banged up.  So while I’m still very impressed with our ground game, I’m taking it with a grain of salt.

On the other hand, we lost Kerrigan, then Sweat and Anderson and still shut down McCaffrey while putting a ton of pressure on Allen.  

It was a damn nice win for for these youngsters.  

BTW, I can’t believe their DC kept stacking the LOS.  Our backs just needed a little crease and it was daylight to the deep safety.  I mean, he essentially took Kuechly out of the equation.  Talk about not adjusting...

I hope Manusky learned something about prevent D.

Haskins was so-so for the most part, but it was a pretty good game from him all things considered.  He escaped a lot of collapsing pockets and made a couple Houdini type throws/plays.  I’ll add that weeks back, most of us said we just wanted to see some flashes from him.  I’d say he’s done that.  Natural to want to move our goalposts a bit further, but he’s showing some good traits we can work with IMO.  

Loved that stiff arm from Guice.  Was a big fan of his pre-draft and I’m really happy to see him strut his stuff.  

1 hour ago, goskins10 said:

That's fair but how many times have we made the other teams weakest unit look like Super Bowel champions - or worse come out with a game plan to attack their strength instead of their weakness. 

This is little more than a single win against an average to below average football team. But it is a win and the numbers are the numbers. WHy not enjoy it. 

Also, there were some encouraging signs - many of the young guys played well. The WR trio of McClaurin, Harmon, and SIms is looking like a really solid group. Haskins made some nice plays and did not really make a lot of mistakes. He missed a few reads but he stayed away from the big mistakes. He also showed some poise extending some plays and making a few critical completions. As a rookie the best you can hope many times is they do nto lose the game for you and he stayed away from that and was able to make some positive contributions on some critical plays. And the D made some adjustments that Carolina could not recover from. Now I wish they kept their foot on the peddle but still they did a nice job. I do like Guice converting on those 2 1st and goals. No drama just get it in the EZ - great blocking too. Guice overall ran with passion and force. If he can stay healthy he will be what many of us thought he could be when they drafted him. 

On the flip side - Yes he made some positive strides but Haskins is still very far away from being even a serviceable starter long term. He has a lot of work still. That special teams gaff is inexusable. Even if you don;t think they are trying an on-side, have to tell that front line to look ball first then block. So what if we get it at the 15. You need possession to make them waste thier TOs. Inexcusable. And the D needs to have a better game plan to start - can't give up 14 pts to start the game. 

I'm not mad. I just see people here talking about winning the division and I think that's an over reaction.

1 hour ago, dc1 said:

Conn tells folks that they should not respond respectfully to other posters positions in non offensive dialog.

And 

Also tells folks not to like certain posts.

Within the context of policing.

Okay.

The height of disingenuity. Like saying "you say you're tolerant but you aren't tolerant of intolerant people, explain that huh?!" 

9 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

The height of disingenuity. Like saying "you say you're tolerant but you aren't tolerant of intolerant people, explain that huh?!" 

Not really man.  Clearly you see the value of respectful dialogue in a forum conversation.   What strikes me is your preference to sight it as policing while telling me what I should do and should not like.

The irony is rich.  

I'm more than happy to have a conversation through an IM.

Been in the car all day with the rest of the post-Thanksgiving herd. I have a couple of questions that might have been answered earlier in thread, so please forgive if I'm redundant. 1. How serious is Sweat's injury? 2. It appears as if Odom and Orchard had very good games....are they really that impressive...could we have stumbled on to some talent?

45 minutes ago, dswerdlw said:

Been in the car all day with the rest of the post-Thanksgiving herd. I have a couple of questions that might have been answered earlier in thread, so please forgive if I'm redundant. 1. How serious is Sweat's injury? 2. It appears as if Odom and Orchard had very good games....are they really that impressive...could we have stumbled on to some talent?

Here's an interview with him after the game. Seems ok:

https://www.redskins.com/video/montez-sweat-a-lot-of-guys-on-defense-showed-up-today

Wha..what th' hec is going on with this winning games thing?

Redskins won 2 games in a row? Do I need ask why?

Regardless, I have mixed emotions about this game.

Haskins played better but still has that pocket awareness thing that he needs work on; he did seem to get a little better, and at first his comp.#s didn't look good but he did make some good throws. If he wants to be the starter next season he better attend every single OTA and really put in the work, because I'm still not giving up on Burrow, I want that guy in a Redskins uniform.

Defensively, whoever is coaching the secondary should have his keys taken away from him. By far this is the weakest part of the defense, and yes, the special teams are 'special'.

Overall, I can't get excited. I think the Panthers knew they would be a long shot to make the playoffs and maybe they overlooked the Redskins, because I've seen McCaffrey do numbers on much better defenses. The one who cost them the game was their QB Allen, he really struggled.

43 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Why was Ryan Anderson ejected for his hit, but there was no ejection for the helmet hit that knocked out Quinn ?

I don't recall him having any other personal foul infractions, and it was certainly no more vicious than the hit on Quinn.

Simple explanation.  Olsen is/has been an NFL star and Quinn is a nobody.  That is the way the NFL roles.  

3 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

We're close :D

Careful, saying that might get you banned . :P 

48 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

since I have you on the line, did your pops have any intention of making Haskins as good as Mahomes?

He never tells me anything. He knows I like to pick games against the spread and thinks it would be an unfair advantage... 

52 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

I think those first couple games really shook people on Haskins. Today he looked kinda like I thought he would look coming into the season. 

His pocket awareness looks really solid. He’s improved every game. With a thoughtful coach I’m a believer that he can get it done.

He's only been working with the starters for what? About a month or so? Gruden wasn't doing him any favors. He seems to be catching up fairly well. It all seems to be there and he's going to start putting it together.

If he starts looking legit, with Guise, Harmon and McAwesome, we're starting to look like we have some pieces. Our Oline is starting to look better. Defense has looked amazingly better. 

I'm kind of excited about us right now. I know we played some basic teams, but we're doing what we needed to. 

Today was a different team than we've seen all year. The best part, it looked like it was going to be just like we thought it was going be and Run CMC thrashing us, but we settled in and took it over. And we did it without our older high end vets we need to move away from.

Today was a great game for us. I know nobody thought we'd hold the lead and we stopped them at the goal line to win it. That's ****ing awesome.

I also have to wonder if Callahan isn't telling Manusky to get aggressive.

3 hours ago, Nerm said:

Dallas is not a good team.  But, they do have the #1 passing offense in the NFL.  I think passing yards is the most overrated stat in football, but I think your analysis is off on this one.  Dallas' offense is very different than the run first team they have been in previous years.

Is their offense that good? Is it their defense that stinks?

Archived