Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cole Holcomb nominated for ROW

CowboyKillerz

6 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

I like our ILBs.

He's the only one that really stood out to me, but he's still rookie and have a lot to learn.

But asides from him, I don't have really much hope in our ILBs. That's a position where we could definately use some help. Probably not the first one on the list, but there's a need.

Cole Holcomb is a good player, but if he's your best player then you have a problem.

4 hours ago, Wildbunny said:

He's the only one that really stood out to me, but he's still rookie and have a lot to learn.

But asides from him, I don't have really much hope in our ILBs. That's a position where we could definately use some help. Probably not the first one on the list, but there's a need.

Cole Holcomb is a good player, but if he's your best player then you have a problem.

I like the possibility of Foster returning (not Mason) next year.  I find SDH interesting - he’s flashed in some different ways -  I’m actually wondering what part of his game is... deficient(?) in terms of getting bypassed by both Holcomb and Bostic.  On the flip side, I am encouraged that Holcomb ’beat out’ both SDH and JHC.  It was a great first step (along with drawing nice reviews from coaches) and he seems to be making further strides.  The game doesn’t seem too big for him.  I hope we get a coordinator that can utilize these players to their strengths.  

Speaking of JHC, I’m disappointed we haven’t seen much in the way of flashes from him.  I thought he was a very unique addition with his combo of size/speed, safety background and sure tackling (hence my disappointment with him).  Point being, I’d say I have a bit more hope for out ILBs than you seem to, but overall, I understand your take - I’ve been with @Skinsinparadise on wanting to add that stud MLB like Vander Esch/Kuechly/etc.  They just seem to transform a defense.  

Sidenote, it was nice seeing the rook finally getting his first sack after whiffing/stalling on previous free runs to the qb.  Thought it was interesting that this one came off the edge vs the other times he blitzed the A gap.   

4 hours ago, Wildbunny said:

I dont think hes the best ILB. Bostic has been a pleasant surprise and SDH has made a case for himself too. I dont even acknowledge Foster being on the roster.

I'm not saying they're a pack of beasts, just that they're doing what we need. Late round guys could crack it and I would love a monster in the middle, but it's not like OLB. 

It's not a great asset, but it's not a liability either, which is a big improvement from years past.

The issue with Cole is he is terrible in pass coverage despite the speed. Hopefully he improves over time. If we are sticking with a 3-4, I don’t know why you wouldn’t give Ryan Anderson more reps at ILB to see if he has a long term future here. At the very least, he will be great at run defense

17 hours ago, method man said:

The issue with Cole is he is terrible in pass coverage despite the speed. Hopefully he improves over time. If we are sticking with a 3-4, I don’t know why you wouldn’t give Ryan Anderson more reps at ILB to see if he has a long term future here. At the very least, he will be great at run defense

I feel like this is a schematic flaw.  We seem to always be asking our LBs, inside and outside, to be in coverage.  A lot of time setting them up to fail.  

• 4 weeks later...

Archived